• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tears of the kingdom has leaked [Spoilers in this Thread]

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
I'm really curious, why? Unless you're working for Nintendo or something, I don't see the point.
don't deal sylvester stallone GIF by Warner Archive

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Are any of those screenshots using FSR? The IQ artifacts or whatever are eye watering. Reminds me that we need better HW. Even if the game is good, if performance is sacrificed, no bueno.

Tg89

I didn’t follow the leaks, but is there final confirmation if classic dungeons are in it or not. And if so what kind of (theme)?
Seems closer to classic than BOTW, but not classic necessarily.

Fire, Wind, Electric, Water, Castle. As well as a reference to “Soul” but we dunno what that means.

I mean, it doesn't run much worse than next gen games like Jedi Survivor :D
You say that but I'm currently jumping back and forth between both. Survivor on PS5 and TotK on Switch. Both have performance issues and both are amazing graphically. They do a few things in the first few areas of Tears that I didn't think could be done on Switch. Will be interesting to see if Tears gets a pass on performance. Both games are very similar. Amazing games pretty bad performance.

nikos

I'm so tempted to just play this on my PC and enjoy it properly.

I never emulate Switch games for some reason, probably because it doesn't feel "official" but it's not like the Switch has trophies or anything, and all of my play time reset with every Switch I've upgraded to anyway.

Kamina

Golden Boy
So apparently….
the Queen in the past is called Sonia and Rauru, the Zonai dude, is the King

Otre

Banned
So you fellas like glue? Thats the first hours of this game. Theres already mods for 30 and 60fps but the 60fps one is glitchy as hell with out of sync videos. The 30fps one is great for disabling vsync and having a smother experience with the graphics control panel one.

Aldric

Really conflicted by what I saw.

Game legitimately looks like BotW 1.5, doesn't really change anything significant structure or progression wise and I didn't have any problem with BotW's formula but I expected something more creative. I'm sure the game will be fun but what a disappointment after six years.

Even the underground that admittedly looks immense doesn't seem to have anything really interesting like tons of creepy new enemies or new races that weren't in BotW, and that basically was the only thing I was looking forward to. Oh well.

FingerBang

Wonder how it runs on Steam Deck. Luckily I have an uncle at Nintendo that has a copy and a Steam Deck and might be able to try it later today!

This is the kind of projects you would love to see running on more powerful hardware...
Wait, the entire game has leaked!? How? I need to read about the details...

Last edited:

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Welcome to yet another NeoGAF piracy thread in which people freely promote piracy of even brand new games and it's totally not against ToS...

D. Emulation/Piracy
The topics of emulation and piracy in the context of the technical nature of emulators and ROM images, hardware modification technology, as well as their effect on the industry as a political topic are deemed to be generally acceptable.

Linking to pirate download sites, directions on how to get pirated software to work, reviews or impressions of pirated software, and livestreams of pirated software play are all strictly prohibited.

Last edited:

Sakura

Welcome to yet another NeoGAF piracy thread in which people freely promote piracy of even brand new games and it's totally not against ToS...

D. Emulation/Piracy
Maybe these people all just dumped their own copy of the game that they also happened to get 12 days early.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Come on now, even miss some of us don't have the game, some are legitimately interested to see how it runs on original hardware and are probably going to buy the game, or not. There are others that want to see how it runs emulated because maybe they'll support the game and want to get their own version of it on PC where it will run unrestricted.

You're going to have to assume that there are plenty of people that have got the game already. For me, who barely even uses my OLED switch, I'm just looking for reasons to turn it on because the real thing you should be upset about is the lack of games.

That is unless you like some indie games or the occasional first party game that is either a rehash of something else or just as an all right game. That's the real criticism that I have personally.

mcjmetroid

Really conflicted by what I saw.

Game legitimately looks like BotW 1.5, doesn't really change anything significant structure or progression wise and I didn't have any problem with BotW's formula but I expected something more creative. I'm sure the game will be fun but what a disappointment after six years.

Even the underground that admittedly looks immense doesn't seem to have anything really interesting like tons of creepy new enemies or new races that weren't in BotW, and that basically was the only thing I was looking forward to. Oh well.
Kinda same thus far.

BlackTron

This is the first game I preordered in 20 years. What I'm hearing about performance is making me just want to play it now and put a sealed game on my shelf in two weeks.

BlackTron

I get the complaints that it's similar to BOTW in structure, but all I need to be excited is BOTW finished version with things like dungeons and exploration being rewarded properly. Still hopeful. After all Zelda games were similar in structure for a very long time without an issue. With BOTW the different/new structure was like the main feature. Now that it's in place, maybe they can put things in it.

Toots

Gold Member
Ah jesus, thank god, I thought the meme was about Zelda time-traveling or dimension-traveling and fighting herself, since in the trailer there are some hints of something like that. Forget it then.
He's playing you.
The plot is indeed about time travel. In the first two hours, you are hounded by a unstoppable force and at the very moment where everything seems lost, a door opens and you see Ganondorf, coming in hot with a shotgun he was hiding in a bouquet of roses. He incapacitate the unknown menace with a few well placed shots, then turns to you and say "Come with me if you wanna live." in a weird austrian accent. You learn he's a ganon from the future that a small group of resistance fighters hijacked and reprogrammed to make it Link's guardian and protect him at all cost. You see, Link will one day grow a pair and ask Zelda on a date. From this union, a child will be born, John Zelda. This child will grow to be the leader of the resistance against the ancients (whatever name those who created the shrines are called). On 29th of August, 1997 (in the official timeline), someone finally completed all the shrines (in-universe), which woke up the "ancients" central ia which proceed to enslave everyone, as a punishment for spending so much time solving useless riddles.

As a proof, here's a screeshot taken approx 2 hours into the game :

IJ15VIy.jpg

Underground Spoiler

They doubled the map. Sky Islands were a misdirection, here's the mic drop.

There's an entire new "tower" mechanic underground to unlock the map. There's an entire BOTW worth of overworld to discover down there, including at least two of the aforementioned dungeons (Gerudo & Goron).

n84zeu.jpg
I actually kind of figured they were going to do something like this. Pretty similar to Elden Ring, but this is doing it on a larger scale.

Ev1L AuRoN

I watched the first 15 minutes on YouTube and it's rough. Same engine, same problems, the game feels unstable and unpolished. Still will play the heck out of it but its not a great effort by Nintendo, probably we will have the definitive version on next-gen hardware.

Madflavor

I suppose I was expecting more than BotW 1.5. I’m sure it’ll be very fun, and a great game, but after 6 years this ain’t exactly the next evolution of Zelda.

mcjmetroid

For people saying BOTW 1.5, what would a BOTW 2 look like to you?

To me, TOTK looks like a sequel the same way as Ragnarok and Forbidden West are.
Very similar progression. It's kinda like a Bloodborne compared to a dark souls. Same progression different item names.
Again so far it may change.
However it's bloody massive and a real treat to explore the world.

Also performance isn't as bad as people are making it out to be in my opinion I think most people will get over it. It's not amazing but Jesus it's not pokemon scarlet bad.

If you didn't like the first breath of the wild you're not gonna like this but if you wanted more of the same with a twist you'll like this.

sigmaZ

It's definitely Zelda BOTW 1.5. But that's not a bad thing. It's different in enough ways that makes it worth it.

sigmaZ

New overworld map, new music, new character models, new UI, and maybe upgrade from a graphics engine that was made to run on a system from 2012
The graphics are basically the same. The music is amazing so far. The overworld map completely different. UI is mostly the same but the gameplay elements different.

mcjmetroid

It's going to be a very very divisive game for sure. I think it's going to review very well because it's Zelda but the internet will eat this one and each other alive.

Because of the reused assets etc the Game of the Year awards are going to be super controversial as well.

Prepare yourselves :D

Woopah

New overworld map, new music, new character models, new UI, and maybe upgrade from a graphics engine that was made to run on a system from 2012
There are new maps in addition to a changed version of the old map, new characters, new music, upgraded UI / menus and upgraded graphics (draw distance being the main improvement).

Very similar progression. It's kinda like a Bloodborne compared to a dark souls. Same progression different item names.
Again so far it may change.
However it's bloody massive and a real treat to explore the world.

Also performance isn't as bad as people are making it out to be in my opinion I think most people will get over it. It's not amazing but Jesus it's not pokemon scarlet bad.

If you didn't like the first breath of the wild you're not gonna like this but if you wanted more of the same with a twist you'll like this.
Exactly. It's not a full reboot like BOTW was, but it's still a full sequel.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

60 fps patch oh my...

yeah nintendo nobody fucking wants to play your games in 60fps. Nobody wants more powerful hardware..
wait what's that? people playing a better version 2 weeks before launch?

mcjmetroid

60 fps patch oh my...

yeah nintendo nobody fucking wants to play your games in 60fps. Nobody wants more powerful hardware..
wait what's that? people playing a better version 2 weeks before launch?
It's not there yet I'm afraid, the emulation on PC has a few issues for sure. Doesn't run on Yuzu at all and has shadow artifacts on Ryukinx but it's good to see a good start. Apparently the 30 FPS mod runs very well ( by default it runs at 20 on emulators it seems) but the 60 has sped up cutscenes.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I know this would never happen because of contracts etc but I wish Nintendo would say screw this AVAILABLE NOW and we could download and play instead of the game getting completely spoiled as people who got it early will be playing 24/7 for the next 2 weeks.

Top Bottom