• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tears of the kingdom has leaked [Spoilers in this Thread]

scalman

And thats like first new single player story game for long long time for me...

For now trying on ryunjinx but will try that yuzu mod see if its faster...i mean on gtx 1060 laptop ..
Game has 3 layers now on map..ground skies and undergroud which looks so much better visually then those both other areas but its lags most too ..means more demanding... But. I like sky islands best so far...cant wait when i will be back in there...remember played trough first 3 shrines in bots so fast and here i got time with it . It was just new experience...and trying to build some kind of boaty thing and then try to go to other side was just so much fun when that boat just went circles or kept turn in wrong directio or you just feel from it into water in middle of river and drowned...

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
c-iYA775vDzbwKhMTOsxrfJkrdR9XtiuhKjSVOJpHgM.png
Pretty sure that’s a penis

Marvel14

Banned
Eurogamer is doing a thorough expose of BOTW in advance of its TOTK review. Reckon its a prelude to their "essential" review score...

(Someone I know is....) 30 shrines down, 1 dungeon down, most of the east side of the map explored.

It's a great game, but it's so, so reliant on ultrahand and building things that if you don't like that then you're going to struggle. Have barely used ascend or recall in 15 hours. It's ALL about fuse and ultrahand, all the time.

There are times when you've just spent 5 minutes fiddling with objects in 3d space and trying to make sure they stay upright and then you get to a new room and it's more building and you just think FUCK, give me a break from this for 5 minutes, please.

I also think, as insanely large as they are, that the depths will be controversial. LOTS of travelling in the dark, little to actually find. Feels *very* dark souls. But seeing a lightseed in the distance and plotting how to get over there is fun as fuck, it's just that there's not much on the way.

Also, the dungeon there was was styled as a traditional dungeon with a traditional dungeon map but in terms of design was far more like a divine beast. You activate 5 things in any order to beat the dungeon. No small keys, no dungeon item, no boss key, no compass etc. You can just climb past a lot of the puzzles. But because it looks and feels like a dungeon and has a proper Zelda dungeon boss that gives you a heart container I'm sure people will be satisfied. (My take was always that Divine Beasts WERE dungeons in the first place.)
meh, the Soulsesque underground sounds like the only new thing I might like. Especially since Elden Ring was basically what I wanted out of a BotW successor. I.e. keep the free exploration, but bring in real traditional dungeons, that are natural parts of the world and contain unique rewards that don't break. I'm not the biggest fan of how the ER world looks and the end was too hard for me, so I was still hoping that Zelda would do similar things - instead of doubling down on YouTube reaction baiting Minecraft gameplay. How the hell did Zelda end up with this? Obviously Zelda got big by innovating, but a crafting focus is so far removed from its origins... idk.

Last edited:

Moquedami

Neo Member
Anybody know an easy way to kill the Talus?
One simple arrow to the cristal on its back, then when it drops, quickly climb on it ans smash thw crystal with the hardest weapon you have. If the crystal is in the lower half of the body and you cant reach it with your weapon, bomb arrows will do.

scalman

so we can have like double weapons now so thats cool . strange thing double shields have same armor number , as its not double armor when you put one shield on top another

linky now a tarzan , got new long hair too looks better then in botw
and new black hand tatto thing looks cool , even reminded me some shin megami tensei games that has similar black lines body marks .
saiA4wI.png

Last edited:

Spukc

man fuck that water temple.

never mind i fucking broke the game because my mega brain just skips everything.

cool that the game hands you all these tools.. but less cool when i get halted when i reach the point forcing me to play the game the devs wanted

So i basically sequence jumped the whole fing dungeon start.

Went from miles ahed on the map got an a wing and used up all my battery .

Got to the savepoint with no special power.. so i had no right to be there..
bullshitted my way further all the way to the top 🤣🤣 to the damn dungeon. Wanted to activate the portal and it gave me a big fat error 🤣.

This game will be shred to bits by speedrunners

Last edited:

scalman

so i made flying machine well not just up but like forward and up.. and its in the first part of game when you dont have any upgrades yet just basic stuff ..
its not much but i made it ..i mean its not kerbal space program .. but still
2DNIVar.jpg

and it flies..some distance with limited power for now ...

Last edited:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
man fuck that water temple.

never mind i fucking broke the game because my mega brain just skips everything.

cool that the game hands you all these tools.. but less cool when i get halted when i reach the point forcing me to play the game the devs wanted

So i basically sequence jumped the whole fing dungeon start.

Went from miles ahed on the map got an a wing and used up all my battery .

Got to the savepoint with no special power.. so i had no right to be there..
bullshitted my way further all the way to the top 🤣🤣 to the damn dungeon. Wanted to activate the portal and it gave me a big fat error 🤣.

This game will be shred to bits by speedrunners
Yeah it's a shame they give you so much tools to do weird stuff, but at the same time force you do things in a *very* specific way and in a *very* specific order.

This BOTW Zelda formula has potential for more. They really need a little bit more courage to make it less cutscene-driven.

Spukc

Yeah it's a shame they give you so much tools to do weird stuff, but at the same time force you do things in a *very* specific way and in a *very* specific order.

This BOTW Zelda formula has potential for more. They really need a little bit more courage to make it less cutscene-driven.
Agreed i skipped every cutscenes because the story is shit just like botw

EbeneezerGoode

Neo Member
Every square inch of the world is so crammed with things to do and intrigue that setting yourself out a simple task of going from A to B becomes an adventure. It’s full of interesting, enjoyable distractions.
How the fuck do you enter the map tower (or whatever they're called) right next to Kakariko Village?
there is a cave system underneath the tower, use the ability that lets you pass through the floor to warp inside

Every square inch of the world is so crammed with things to do and intrigue that setting yourself out a simple task of going from A to B becomes an adventure. It’s full of interesting, enjoyable distractions.

there is a cave system underneath the tower, use the ability that lets you pass through the floor to warp inside
Aye, I just figured it a while ago and came back to edit my post lol thanks, mate! I really wish that ability was used more, it’s probably the one I like the most (even if I forgot about it for a moment there).

mcjmetroid

Can anyone explain if there's another way to get The crystalised bits to upgrade the battery. The construct in the cave near the furnace only gives you ten at one time? I have loads of zonaite. Any other way surely it isn't this laborious?

ARK1391

So are there actual dungeons now like the old games? Or is it still open world/shrines everywhere?

I didn't really enjoy BotW, but I'm curious if they added more to do besides building tools and new mechanics/powers.

Thaedolus

So are there actual dungeons now like the old games? Or is it still open world/shrines everywhere?

I didn't really enjoy BotW, but I'm curious if they added more to do besides building tools and new mechanics/powers.
Doesn’t seem like the formula has changed much since BotW. But it’s insanely dense I comparison, and the new tools and devices look cool AF.

Has anyone seen what the money making game is yet? I was a pro at the bowling game in BotW, curious if there’s something similar to make money fast

-Zelda-

Banned
Wonder if this game is going to get one of those hardcover strategy guides. Every other Zelda game has had one, so I hope this tradition continues.

Holammer

Doesn’t seem like the formula has changed much since BotW. But it’s insanely dense I comparison, and the new tools and devices look cool AF.

Has anyone seen what the money making game is yet? I was a pro at the bowling game in BotW, curious if there’s something similar to make money fast

It is BotW, but they turn it up to eleven and keep twisting the knob. A perfect swan song for the Switch.

330px-Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg

Top Bottom