• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tears of the kingdom has leaked [Spoilers in this Thread]

Marvel14

Banned
I liked botw concept and i was ok with a similar sequel, i was just hoping to see some of the thing i didn't liked fixed in the sequel.

If it can keep me slightly entartained for 40+ hours like the first one it's all good for me, i'm sure they at least fixed some flaws like shitty enemy variety and quality and shitty bosses (i hope)

Thanks dude, you have been helpful.
How dare you! 🫢

Marvel14

Banned
Dare to do what?

It is the bit about being slightly entartained?

To be precise, I was loving the first 5-10 hours, having good time until hour number 20 and just hopeful to find something exciting for the remaining 20.
Was just pretending to be one of those who can't handle someone with a different opinion....you're fine.

Ulysses 31

Are the great fairies back too? :messenger_winking_tongue:

ea1e2679acbd14f6ae15146858fdbf423a523aa9.gif

Man, these new abilities made the puzzles even slower than before. The old abilities were easy to use and very snappy and intuitive. This is not the case.
Select this, combine with that. This is frost energy, that's the shrinkable bubble - what not. Too many abstract concepts and dots to connect.
When everything works it's fun but some of the shrines are very-very frustrating.
Probably the person I watched playing is stupid, but in BOTW there is no wrong way to play. If it works it works.

Terenty

Having these shrines again is lame. Every time you're entering one is like switching to some mobile puzzle game that has nothing to do with the rest of it. Having building materials laying all over the map is lame too. You see them you know devs want you to build smth here. Having all the abilities from the get go is lame, there's no excitement in the exploration.

I can already tell, the same as with botw, the most fun parts will be the hand crafted, guided setpieces(dungeons mostly) with boredom in between.

They either need to ditch open world or completely rework the way it works and the whole game works

Soosa

Banned
Having these shrines again is lame. Every time you're entering one is like switching to some mobile puzzle game that has nothing to do with the rest of it. Having building materials laying all over the map is lame too. You see them you know devs want you to build smth here. Having all the abilities from the get go is lame, there's no excitement in the exploration.

I can already tell, the same as with botw, the most fun parts will be the hand crafted, guided setpieces(dungeons mostly) with boredom in between.

They either need to ditch open world or completely rework the way it works and the whole game works
I hated shrines in Botw, because they were so damn easy.

Felt like pain in the ass and waste of time, walk in, see the idea in 0,00001s, then waste time to do it, repeat 100 times. From them all maybe 5 had any kind of challenge.

scalman

that fuse option gonna be mad. and opurtunitys.. allready put tons stones on all kind of weapons and then at least at beginning you can really easy just smash those sky enemies.
runs similar ar BOTW but looks much better in terms that lighting looks much better , lots more small detailed objects lots more animations , game looks like its kinda downgraded for switch and in its full potential it can be ran on new switch hardware , i think there is allready version of this game on new switch hardware , devs must allready have it...

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

sigmaZ

After finishing Skyward Sword, I’m more than ready for BoTW 1.5! Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy traditional dungeons but if I had to choose between them and everything else Botw does right I’d choose the latter.
From what I’ve gathered on reddit and the trailers, this thing actually has unique bosses which is what I wanted the most. Also, enemy variety and a
whole new underground map to explore!
Not big on minecraft stuff or building stuff with my limited time but won’t mind it if the shrines are creative and not that much of a fuss!

GymWolf GymWolf Rockstar games deserve all the praise they get, mate. The games push the medium forward and feature an unparalleled level of detail which no dev can match.
You'll love it. It's becoming more and more addicting. I had to make it across a water way where originally I was going to build a raft with the wood and sail available. But then I realized there was enough wood to make a bridge, so I crafted a bridge and just walked across it. Then right after that I came across a treasure in the middle of a bog, so I went back and got my bridge and attach it to the treasure box and fished it out of the bog. These are the kinds of experiences you can expect.

Last edited:

scalman

Its cool that you can attach one weapon on another so you can have double lenght and double damage weapons , plus they long so noone can reach you aymore...so thats bonus too...shame you can only fuse 2 items ...and then no more...imagine crazy stuff would be done from 3 weapons or 2 weapons and rock...

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Its cool that you can attach one weapon on another so you can have double lenght and double damage weapons , plus they long so noone can reach you aymore...so thats bonus too...shame you can only fuse 2 items ...and then no more...imagine crazy stuff would be done from 3 weapons or 2 weapons and rock...
Halberd halberd halberd halberd halberd halberd.. hit someone across the map

Top Bottom