• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I mean, hey, devil Kazuya is in the game, technically. He just has to use his Rage Drive. :p

Or just mod him in.

DOvR9tl.jpg

Might run a lobby tonight.

AAK

Whenever I play VS battle with another player, neither of us can get the options, share or touchpad button to work.

Anyone know what might be the problem?

How do I set VS rounds to 1 round?

Is tournament mode enabled in the options menu?

Village

I would like to just be able to select devil kazuya from the start, but he just doesn't have rage stuff. And you can customize him and shizz

tariniel

I've been playing characters rated 'easy' so far on various guides but I kind of want to make an attempt at an advanced or intermediate character. I'm eyeing Bryan, Devil Jin, Jin, and Kazuya. Any opinions who I should go for?

Edit: Right now my main is Claudio.

fernoca

K, yea just been having horrendous luck getting anything to sync regardless of the three online modes.

Also, is the practice mode trophy cumulative? The one that requires 50,000 damage? I quit at ~15,000 last night after boredom and am hopeful it stacks.
Yeah, it does. I changed characters to not get bored quickly. Chose 5 characters I like, did 10k each. XD

I've been playing characters rated 'easy' so far on various guides but I kind of want to make an attempt at an advanced or intermediate character. I'm eyeing Bryan, Devil Jin, Jin, and Kazuya. Any opinions who I should go for?
Pick whoever you think is coolest.

SarusGray

I got several download errors for this patch. Perhaps server overload ?

restart your ps4, I had the same thing.

And Tanukana aka best ling player in the world! (According to me and several others) just said she doesn't like Lucky Chloe. Shame on all your lucky chloe mains. <3

I would like to just be able to select devil kazuya from the start, but he just doesn't have rage stuff. And you can customize him and shizz

Hey y'all have two devil characters, stop complaining.

Angel is nowhere to be seen. They should bring back Jun reincarnated as Angel Jun. That'd be siiiiick

HeelPower

I cant believe you can no longer know who you're gonna fight in ranked anymore.

Fuuuuuck...Rank became that much more unpleasant.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Bryan or Jin will be a smoother transition than going straight to the mishma style dudes.

Ultimadrago

I cant believe you can no longer know who you're gonna fight in ranked anymore.

Fuuuuuck...Rank became that much more unpleasant.

Yeah, Harada tweeted a while back saying they'd patch it out. My friend decided to climb the ladder while the getting was good!

why? O,o? I was getting dodged left and right for using Xiaoyu. It was annoying.

Honestly I think Namco should have us do the character select when you connect. Then you can see the other person's cursor and play the "who are they going to pick" game we used to play with opponents at the arcade.

SarusGray

Bryan or Jin will be a smoother transition than going straight to the mishma style dudes.

Rank isn't ment for dodging match ups you are bad at

I mainly dodged poor connections but yeah this part here is true. And if anyones been doing that to get to the top, they'll drop back down eventually.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Honestly I think you should do the character select when you connect. Then you can see the other person's cursor and play the "who are they going to pick" game we used to play with opponents at the arcade.
No thanks that's not exactly how tekken works in the arcades since 5 introduced the player cards

CSX

Do you still see the username before you accept/reject a ranked match?

I hope so. THere are some people on PC that have these fucked up names and it really turns me off from playing them.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Rank in the arcades was offline for years.

And you knew who to fight beforehand.

Yeah if I dont want to play a bears scrub I should be able to avoid that.

Sounds like you are the scrub making excuses here tbh. Once again, ranked isn't for you to pick and chose how you rank up. If that "bear scrub" was bodying people at the arcade for 8 hours straight you would just not play? Stick to player matches. You can even make your own lobby and kick the people who use characters you are garbage against out! Sounds like a win win for you

Wallach

Edit: Right now my main is Claudio.

I honestly wouldn't worry much about the difficulty ratings on those things. Even most of the "easy" characters have tricky stuff to grapple with. Like the guy you're playing, Claudio, really benefits a ton from being able to iWR consistently even though he's usually considered "easy".

Were I going to suggest from that list, I would actually look at Kazuya as picking him up will help you shore up your defensive / punish game. I feel like he is the most straightforward of the Mishimas.

DKL

Rank isn't ment for dodging match ups you are bad at

From what I can understand, I'm still able to see match list on PC and I've mostly been using the character icons to accumulate matchup experience for random characters as opposed to dodging since I'm too lazy to lab all these damn characters myself.

That said, if they change it so that they just toss me into a match, I'd prefer that, connection be damned.

(actually, I thought this was supposed to be the actual use of the connection preference... not that it has helped :v)

Goddamn it. Even with the new patch, I got matched up with a dude and it desynced in the middle of the first round. This is so irritating.

I don't think its a port issue because then it should happen with everybody and I've played full matches with more than a few people before.

vulva

Rank in the arcades was offline for years.

And you knew who to fight beforehand.

Yeah if I dont want to play a bears scrub I should be able to avoid that.

That's not true. In an arcade you sit down and any joe can show up and play you and you either abandon your credit (looking like an idiot) or you dealt with the matchup regardless of who they were.

HeelPower

Sounds like you are the scrub making excuses here tbh. Once again, ranked isn't for you to pick and chose how you rank up. If that "bear scrub" was bodying people at the arcade for 8 hours straight you would just not play? Stick to player matches

Lol

Kind of pointless when you can see the other player's ID.

You could still dodge players but now you gotta pay attention to the online ID.

Darrenf

I've received multiple salty hate messages tonight on Tekken. I find it so funny that someone would be so pissed of that they lost a Player Match that they would send someone a message. Like why the fuck are you in Player Match if you care so much about winning.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Jin still doesn't look as good as the PS2 demo from 9999 years ago and Kazuya as good as the cover of Tekken Tag. Those tech demos were well ahead of their times.

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I've received multiple salty hate messages tonight on Tekken. I find it so funny that someone would be so pissed of that they lost a Player Match that they would send someone a message. Like why the fuck are you in Player Match if you care so much about winning.

Tell him there is no shame in sticking to treasure battle ;)

Top Bottom