• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Testing ye olde IRC Poker. Wanna play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again mods, this is in the OT forum, and not the matchup forum, because it's sort of an urgent thing for tonight and I actually want people to see this topic.

Alright, I finished that mIRC script that everyone on this forum undoubtably cares about so much and has been anticipating :).

Sarcasm aside, we can play Poker now. I'm testing the script to work out the kinks in the frontend right now.

Instructions follow:

1) Download mIRC if you haven't already done so, from http://www.mirc.com

2) Once downloaded, set up your IRC nick, and exit out of the connect dialog.

3) Download my IRCPoker script. It resides at http://www.rit.edu/~jaw3289/ircpoker.zip

4) Unzip the full contents of the archive (ie, extract that outer folder too) to your mirc directory. Your mirc directory should now contain an IRCpoker folder and its contents.

5) Back to mIRC load it up, and exit out of the connect dialog. Load the script by typing:
/load -rs ircpoker\ircpoker.mrc

You should see a welcome message appear confirming that the script has loaded. You only need to load the script once.

5) Join the Xelium server (irc.xelium.net). Do this by typing /server irc.xelium.net

6) Join the poker tournament channel, #tourney. Await further instructions there. You can fire up the IRC poker script itself by right clicking in the channel and selecting Start IRCpoker.

---

It's a new script and hasn't been tinkered with much yet, so we're more than likely to find a few bugs on the way. Post here if you have any problems. One of the problems I *have* found is it doesn't seem to play nice with some other scripts. Doesn't damage anything afaik know.

edit: Forgot to mention. If you don't like using Windows and/or mIRC, you're still welcome to join the game. You just won't get a snazzy GUI like us.

Server: irc.xelium.net
Channel: #tourney

Game's over now. You guys don't know what you missed.

All you fanboys who think their games need "graphics". Bah, I say!

Face facts though, it seems that you guys want a poker tournament bad, and this will be the only way it'll happen.

Oh well, g'night. Probably gonna set something up tomorrow :).

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
I'll try her out one of these days. Give her a good thorough examination.... WITH MY DICK! AHAHAHAHAHAH

But yeh someone set up a tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom