• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 74th Annual Golden Globes |OT| *laughs at own joke and ruffles Mel Gibson's hair*

Status
Not open for further replies.
llkIDYz.png
What a wretched scum of a human being.

After last year, there is no way in hell it's sweeping like that for the Oscars. Barry Jenkins will win best director and Denzel has a chance at upsetting Affleck for actor. Viola Davis will also probably win best leading actress instead of supporting. Moonlight for best film is a lock and it's kind of a toss up between it and Manchester for best original screenplay.

Moonlight for Best Picture seems likely, Ali deserves Best Supporting Actor, I think people are discounting all that Gosling learned to do in La La Land that he is probably in second place after Affleck, and Chazelle deserves Best Director for some of the shit he pulled off in La La Land.

I mean I like Moonlight a lot more than La La Land but Chazelle deserves director.

Chumley

Banned
At least he is persistent, my respect for him grows by the day. You're in safe hands America, the Hollywood types are phony. Have those that declared they would leave the country if Trump wins....... left the country yet ? Or are they liars too ?

Go away.

i honestly think she's overrated, not because i agree with Trump though.
how many times has she been nominated and won awards over other women? it's crazy.

She wins because she deserves it. Have you never seen a Meryl Streep performance?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
how many times has she been nominated and won awards over other women? it's crazy.
Her nomination to win ratio is pretty bad, so others have won over her way more often lol

jett

D-Member
At least he is persistent, my respect for him grows by the day. You're in safe hands America, the Hollywood types are phony. Have those that declared they would leave the country if Trump wins....... left the country yet ? Or are they liars too ?

what

Fitts

I woke up to this shit:

Meryl Streep said:
"So Hollywood is crawling with outsiders and foreigners. And if we kick them all out, you'll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts."

What an egomaniac. I get that you want to use the forum you were given to talk politics, but why put down other forms of entertainment as if they're so obviously beneath yours?

Joke's on you, Meryl. I'd much rather be watching football and MMA than some award bait film that looks like an utter slog or a masturbatory awards show. And I'm betting there's greater diversity in high level MMA than there is in Hollywood you ignorant clod.

I woke up to this shit:

What an egomaniac. I get that you want to use the forum you were given to talk politics, but why put down other forms of entertainment as if they're so obviously beneath yours?

Joke's on you, Meryl. I'd much rather be watching football and MMA than some award bait film that looks like an utter slog or a masturbatory awards show. And I'm betting there's greater diversity in high level MMA than there is in Hollywood you ignorant clod.

She didn't insult them, she said they weren't art. They aren't, they're sports.

Ivan 3414

I woke up to this shit:

And I woke up to this laugh. Thanks.

Barzul

I woke up to this shit:

Speak for yourself I get but that reality for me would be pretty sad. I already hate the ads on those things as is. They'd be even more unbearable

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I woke up to this shit:

I think you might've misunderstood that quote a bit. She's really not saying MMA is shit lol

Blader

MMA isn't art. It's a sport. That doesn't mean it's shit, just that it's not THE ARTS.

Manchester is critically flawed & wasted potential imo.

Focusing on that non-character of a teenager and ignoring the other major player in the story,Michelle Williams, was a huge mistake.

Could have been a movie for the ages had it developed M.Williams properly and given her more interaction with Affleck on screen.

What you're talking about is a completely different story, though.

Her nominations are pretty ridiculous, and feels like the Academy keeps putting her in there out of tradition at this point. But she's only actually won a couple times in over 30 years.

breakfuss

Started watching Night Manager and, yoooo, this is like some Metal Gear Solid type stuff lol. I like it! Definitely deserving of the praise.

Random question but having not seen Fences, why was Viola Davis submitted for Supporting Actress and not lead? Was it just a case of the studio thinking she had better chances or was her role truly more supporting instead of co-leading with Denzel? Just wondering.

Partly that, despite most critics believing she had a really good chance to win lead actress. However after watching it I definitely think Viola is slotted in the right category. Fences is dominated by the lead performance of Denzel's character Troy for the majority of the movie. Everybody else is supporting.

Fitts

She didn't insult them, she said they weren't art. They aren't, they're sports.

"You'll have nothing but..." implies negativity -- as in, you'll be left with these inferior alternatives. If she didn't have negative intent then she should've chosen her words more carefully hired better writers.

I'm assuming she is talking about the UFC. We all know Pride had the better actors.

/dead

"You'll have nothing but..." implies negativity -- as in, you'll be left with these inferior alternatives. If she didn't have negative intent then she should've chosen her words more carefully hired better writers.

Her words were perfectly fine, you're overreacting. Embarrassingly so.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I woke up to this shit:

damn, someone is triggered...

TheFlow

Banned
]Manchester is critically flawed & wasted potential imo.[/B]

Focusing on that non-character of a teenager and ignoring the other major player in the story,Michelle Williams, was a huge mistake.

Could have been a movie for the ages had it developed M.Williams properly and given her more interaction with Affleck on screen.

lol no. the whole entire plot was about him taking of his brother's son and his bro dying.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Yeah, totally brehs. She got me like...

Perhaps you should've read/watched the quote in it's context. Since context matters and such.

I was born and raised and educated in the public schools of New Jersey. Viola was born in a sharecropper’s cabin in South Carolina, came up in Central Falls, Rhode Island. Sarah Paulson was born in Florida and raised by a single mom in Brooklyn.

Sarah Jessica Parker was one of seven or eight kids from Ohio. Amy Adams was born in Vicenza, Italy, and Natalie Portman was born in Jerusalem — where are their birth certificates? And the beautiful Ruth Negga was born in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, raised in — no, in Ireland, I do believe, and she’s here nominated for playing a smalltown girl from Virginia. Ryan Gosling, like all the nicest people, is Canadian. And Dev Patel was born in Kenya, raised in London, is here for playing an Indian raised in Tasmania. So Hollywood is crawling with outsiders and foreigners. And if we kick ’em all out, you’ll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom