• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ashes 2015 |OT| Three Mitchells v Three Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmag

Yep, particularly with our bowling attack. Hastings and Stoinis are which leaves two bowlers to do the bulk of the work.

Hastings is less of a problem than Stoinis, as Hastings has looked pretty handy in the English domestic competition.

In the Royal London ODI competition he's got 18 wickets with a best of 5/41, a average of 15.44 and an economy of 4.35

DeSo

Banned
Hastings is less of a problem than Stoinis, as Hastings has looked pretty handy in the English domestic competition.

In the Royal London ODI competition he's got 18 wickets with a best of 5/41, a average of 15.44 and an economy of 4.35
Dang, didn't know that, he's done bugger all with the ball over here. Well that fills me with a bit more confidence. Stoinis though... whyyyyyyyyyyy

kmag

Dang, didn't know that, he's done bugger all with the ball over here. Well that fills me with a bit more confidence. Stoinis though... whyyyyyyyyyyy

Well he does play his home games at Chester Le Street in Durham. The spinners get the ball to seam and swing there never mind the pace attack.

kmag

Australia's opening bowling has been absolutely horrific. It seems to be a competition between Cummins and Pattinson to see who can send down short wide filth at the highest pace.

England are cruising this, it's pretty effortless feasting on shit bowling and these are the best bowlers Australia have in this line up, their change ups are going to be Maxwell, Stoinis and Marsh. Australia's total looks to be about 50 short.

Make that about 80-90 short. It's cracking batting but dear lord do Australian bowlers understand you don't have just bowl as quickly as you can every single ball. Some variation wouldn't go amiss.

Smith is a pretty passive captain as well. Clarke would have tried some spin by now rather than just standing there watching his bowling getting tonked.

kmag

Just got back from the gym. Dearie me that Roy lbw decision was dire. Why didn't he review it?

It's always tricky batting first up with a 10.30 start in England especially this late in the year

What an incredible catch by Maxwell.

I was watching the U.S. sportscenter show the morning after the boundary juggle catch and they played it was their play of the day at the end of the show. The presenter said it was only the second time ever that they have had a cricket highlight on the show, ha

kmag

Bairstow goes off Marsh 56/4 (with Morgan retired hurt it's probably 56/5 as I don't think he'll be back from the sounds of it), very interested to see Ali get a bunch of overs.

Two left handers in as well with Australia about to bring the spin on.

kmag

That didn't look out to the naked eye, but it's pretty plumb, it held it's line a bit more than it looked.

72/6

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
This is starting to look like an Australian innings.

kmag

Burns goes for an awful shot 2/1

The danger is the swing which lasts about 4 overs per ball if you're lucky. Should be seeing that off and not wafting at stuff early.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
There's something in Australia that just gets tweaked whenever there in an odi final.

Good to see a pretty inexperienced side doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom