• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ashes |OT| Australia v England 2013-2014 - All this fuss just for a lil' urn

Status
Not open for further replies.

beast786

Really surprising coming from a Pakistani!!!! Pretty sure firecrackers are going off in Pakistan. Really pathetic :/

why is it pathetic? That's what rivalries are All about and fun. At the same time MS dhoni is my current top 4 player. It's all in fun

Zapages

Really surprising coming from a Pakistani!!!! Pretty sure firecrackers are going off in Pakistan. Really pathetic :/

Congrats on the win NZ. Good fight by India, unexpected. And a great test match.

Also fuck DRS despite the bad calls.

haha… don't take it to heart man. Its all in the fun… Its like India supports the team who plays against Pakistan.

Also NZ played really good in the first inning. :)

artist

Banned
why is it pathetic? That's what rivalries are All about and fun. At the same time MS dhoni is my current top 4 player. It's all in fun
Good rivalry is when you defeat your rivals yourself. It's more pathetic than fun if a defeat gives you more joy than a win. ;)

haha… don't take it to heart man. Its all in the fun… Its like India supports the team who plays against Pakistan.
Nope .. we could care less.

Faulkner was selected but got injured in the last ODI

edit: Faulkner and Marsh were both injured and got replaced by Hughes and Henriques.
Yeah Faulkner would have been the perfect replacement for Watson. Would like to see him poach his spot over the next few years, great talent there and has proven he can perform.

on a different note. How many of you guys have tried the Don Bradman Cricket 2014's Nets on the PC? Also its coming out on PS3/360 this March and then in May for PC… Then eventually it come on PS4/Xbox One.
Please try the nets. It gets a bit difficult on the higher settings.

Here's the demo for the nets: http://www.planetcricket.net/forums...ket-academy-v0-9994-beta-available-87105.html

The last cricket game that I played was made by EA. So its a huge jump from what I can tell.
Oh thanks for that! Didn't know they had a demo out, just spend the last 2 hours on it. Love the new control system, even if batting in the nets is pretty damn easy once you get used to it (square of the wicket is golden). Hitting the random blow up pirate was strange lol.

Keen to see how it holds up in actual games (also like how when you are bowling Y is for yorkers and B is for bouncers heh). Lack of keyboard controls is pretty lolworthy.

I expect the game will struggle to perform sales wise in Australia though, launching at the height of AFL fever at the start of the season. The rugby game had the same issue, launching around Grand Final time. Should sell okay eventually though.

Absolutely hilarious they need an extra 2 months to get the PC version out. Huge fuck up that. Should have been up on Greenlight back on the first Ashes tour last year, if there is a hold up because of getting onto Steam.

I've played all the Cricket games over the years. This is shaping up to be worth a look, even just from toying around in the nets with the bat. Looks very professional so far.

Looking forward to the next time Aus and NZ play. Should do 3 tests in NZ and 3 in Aus.

Yeah that would be great to see. Need to cultivate a rivalry again, hasn't been much interest with trans-tasman stuff for a long while now. Need to take advantage of the Kiwis being on the up.

Zapages

Yeah Faulkner would have been the perfect replacement for Watson. Would like to see him poach his spot over the next few years, great talent there and has proven he can perform.

Oh thanks for that! Didn't know they had a demo out, just spend the last 2 hours on it. Love the new control system, even if batting in the nets is pretty damn easy once you get used to it (square of the wicket is golden). Hitting the random blow up pirate was strange lol.

Keen to see how it holds up in actual games (also like how when you are bowling Y is for yorkers and B is for bouncers heh). Lack of keyboard controls is pretty lolworthy.

I expect the game will struggle to perform sales wise in Australia though, launching at the height of AFL fever at the start of the season. The rugby game had the same issue, launching around Grand Final time. Should sell okay eventually though.

Absolutely hilarious they need an extra 2 months to get the PC version out. Huge fuck up that. Should have been up on Greenlight back on the first Ashes tour last year, if there is a hold up because of getting onto Steam.

I've played all the Cricket games over the years. This is shaping up to be worth a look, even just from toying around in the nets with the bat. Looks very professional so far.

Yeah that would be great to see. Need to cultivate a rivalry again, hasn't been much interest with trans-tasman stuff for a long while now. Need to take advantage of the Kiwis being on the up.

From the planet cricket forums, it seems they don't want keyboard/mouse controls because its to reduce piracy as they are going to officially release it in India/Pakistan. Also they say the controls won't work for the keyboard and mouse... *shrugs*

I think we should start mini league here for PS3/360/PC versions of the game.

I will be playing it on the PC and PS3.

PSN: Zapages

Also have you guys tried create your own character in the game… It seems that if you make one on the PC you could use it on the console versions of the game.

Jezbollah

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/26106902

The England team needs to rebuild after the whitewash in Australia.

To do that we must invest in our captain Alastair Cook and we must support him in creating a culture in which we can be confident he will have the full support of all players, with everyone pulling in the same direction and able to trust each other.

It is for those reasons we have decided to move on without Kevin Pietersen.

So from your point of view, Cook going from being instrumental in bringing KP back, to going to a "him or me" stance would indicate KP not being at major fault here?

My point of view is that it's a failure of management. Cook is a yes-man and everyone knows about Flower's style of management. Both are both to blame for England's loss in the Ashes as well as the other players. It isn't just Pieterson's fault.

Also, there have been strong reports that Stuart Broad wanted Pieterson in the T20 side, but was over-ruled by Cook and Flower playing an instrumental part.

All I'm saying is that it's easy to make Pieterson the scapegoat, but they needed to find a way to manage him rather than publicly sack him.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well, at least the SA vs AU match is starting in 4 hours!

I find the auction fascinating myself. Such a weird event.

Moxx19

Banned
"Next on sale is Australia's Matthew Wade, base price INR 100 lakh. No bids. Unsold. "

lol.gif
@ Scissorhands

artist

Banned
A lot of good players going unsold; Taylor, D. Hussey, Dilshan, Jayawardene, Matthews.
Srilanka have international fixtures and the rest have had a really poor IPL career so far, especially Taylor.

I think SRH, KXIP, KKR and DD have good squads so far.

CSK is same old shit, different IPL. MI is confused and RCB's strategy is to play a 7-8 man team all consisting of batsmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom