• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ashes |OT| Australia v England 2013-2014 - All this fuss just for a lil' urn

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanoff

Wade is useless. His keeping is terribad.

watson has not had a good summer. His total contribution is one catch

0 runs, 2 ducks, 0 wickets, shit fielder. Beauty. Just about had enough chances. Will want to go well in SA

hamchan

Stopped watching to watch the tennis because I thought Australia would lose. That turned depressing so I came back and didn't realize the game was so close.

Amazing wicket just then lol. Unbelievable stumping rofl.

I can't wait until we stop playing England. For both our sakes. This has been so embarrassing for everyone. We haven't even got a really good team set up yet.

bomma_man

The gimmicks at twenty 20s really shit me.

Why is there a trampoline?
Why is there a section dedicated to white boys break dancing?
Why do they play we will rock you between every ball?

Let the game speak for itself, fuck.

jambo

They're just trying to copy American sports in an attempt to attract bigger crowds.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah I'm not fond of them. It just seems like Cricket Australia are afraid that people will be bored even with the 20 overs format.

elfinke

Yep. I attended a 20/20 when the West Indies were here a year or two ago, at the 'Gabba. Afterwards, CA sent me a survey to complete asking me all about the venue (urgh, Brisbane public transport was terribad that evening - spent more time waiting for a bus home then we did watching cricket), the event and other related things.

I went to town on the side-attraction crap as just that: crap. Flames, fireworks, dancing people, all of it. It's silly live and even more ridiculous via TV (with scaffolding in the background) and no real context for why you should give a shit about those events.

Moreover, if dozens of fours and sixes, high octane fielding and so on aren't enough to please the attending/watching audience, then there is something intrinsically flawed with your product.

It's a funny thing that CA haven't worked out yet.

Moxx19

Banned

Are we the same person? This stupid shit is why I will never attend a a t20 game. Stupid pointless distractions that add absolutely no value to what is already popcorn cricket. If your audience is still bored with the mindless slogfest then why throw in pointless shit that no-one cares about anyway. It's like CA want to shove t20 down the throats of the public but it just isn't working.

Anyways, real cricket news: Phil Hughes is in the test side for SA. Marsh out. Looks like my prayers have been answered.

Somebody will look it up, but I thought the umpire got that one right?

If you are grounded you can't be given out if you jump or the bat bounces back up, but only if you are avoiding the ball (which he wasn't)

?

Edit. Yep.

DeSo

Banned
I am so impressed with young Muirhead in his first two international games. A lot of control for a leg spinner. And only 20. Very promising.

Moxx19

Banned
Brayshaw running out onto the ground as we speak so he can secure "Maxy, the big show, Big Maxy" and "Hodgey, the legend" for interviews/autographs

I really can't summon the enthusiasm to care about the 20/20. While I enjoy it as a spectacle I really don't care about he result or what's going on. Maybe because it's such and immature game still and bat dominates I see it as a contest between batters from both teams, not between bat and ball. Maybe reducing the number of wickets available to a team in the 20 overs, 6-8 instead of 10, would put a little strategy into it.

Jezbollah

T20 is bubblegum cricket. Fast food for those who don't have the patience to watch the longer form.

I'll take going to a 40 overs ODI over a T20 any day of the week. At least the batsmen are not under immediate pressure and can actually play themselves in..

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Don't mind 20/20, gives a lot of new and different guys a go that normally wouldn't get a look in. Could do without the dancers, trampolines and all that since no one really watches them, more there to keep kids entertained.

Hope Aus get up again tonight.......... Aus 12 Eng 1

Also you can watch a whole game in HD today, womens 20/20 game on Gem

Does the South Africa v Australia series warrant its own thread???

I'd like to start one for it, though not sure how many others who have been following the ashes have access to Foxtel and will be watching it with me.

I'd like to start one for it, though not sure how many others who have been following the ashes have access to Foxtel and will be watching it with me.

Could this one become an Aussie tour one? I don't mind having a separate thread for the Aussie games.

Another dead rubber, hopefully we see some fireworks between White and Derpbach again.
NFI what England are doing, not giving him any game time this series until the 20/20's. Of course he's going to be undercooked you idiots, put him into the Big Bash or some bloody C-grade local cricket ffs.

what about a singular cricket thread? Or is ifran still trolling Australia on a constant basis?

New Zealand humiliated India really well last week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom