• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Did the UC4 thread go horribly or what, I ain't reading all that.

Not nearly as bad as the one for Uncharted 3 went, imo.

I canceled my preorder for it, anyway. Not sure I'm feeling CDN$79.99 for a campaign I'll finish in 6 hours and a multiplayer I won't touch.

Numb

Not nearly as bad as the one for Uncharted 3 went, imo.

I canceled my preorder for it, anyway. Not sure I'm feeling CDN$79.99 for a campaign I'll finish in 6 hours and a multiplayer I won't touch.
Smart move
I'll just wait for my library to bring it like usual and finish it in two days

"Sheeee lives innnnn my laaaapppppp!!!!"

dj2.gif

*obviously listening to the Love Below*

D i Z

Morning all.

The Uncharted thread outside of review scores rolling in, is going to be as predictable as UC3 was. Don't even need to experience that hamster wheel of "ludonarrative dissonance" vs 'it's a game, go pick on Lara". Can't wait to get my copy next week, but until then I've got one more day of Nioh to get through.

Morning all.

The Uncharted thread outside of review scores rolling in, is going to be as predictable as UC3 was. Don't even need to experience that hamster wheel of "ludonarrative dissonance" vs 'it's a game, go pick on Lara". Can't wait to get my copy next week, but until then I've got one more day of Nioh to get through.

I remember how that term was just pushed out for Bioshock Infinite when it literally made no sense lol.

Creepy. Then they add 'super' just so I know how creepy it is.

I kinda feel like they both should be left to 10 year old girls.

'Super' anything makes my eye twitch.
Now that you mention it, disgusting is the most used word on here to me. Like waaay overused. Everything is discussing..enough so that people cringe..😏

jmood88

I'm not feeling Black Panther, but I don't hate him. I like the actor, but there's this air of smugness to the character which irks me. I'll give it another go the next time he shows up.
I'm looking forward to more complaints like this once more people in the US watch Civil War.

I can't stand seeing how often "cringeworthy" is used to describe anything that someone doesn't like.
I don't understand when that word became so popular, but I feel like I see it 5 times per page in almost every thread I enter..usually at least once within the top 10 post. Its mind boggling..

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
guys, i cant stop listening to burn the witch. i think my most anticipated album of 2016 is a radiohead one.

Nakazato

Good news, Netflix is turning Dear White People into a series.
And white people won't watch it #fact

So being in an interracial marriage. I have realized my wife doesn't understand a lot thing that impact the black community no matter how little have big effect on the community. Looking at the Tonies they don't have the issues that the Oscars had this year.

I feel like I would have to tell my children. Just because mom gets a free pass you won't cause you are a minority. Even your older cousin tho he got that white ppl hair is still a minority. It won't be easy but you'll be stronger cause of it.

Sorry for the rant just need to get this off my chest

So being in an interracial marriage. I have realized my wife doesn't understand a lot thing that impact the black community no matter how little have big effect on the community. Looking at the Tonies they don't have the issues that the Oscars had this year.

I feel like I would have to tell my children. Just because mom gets a free pass you won't cause you are a minority. Even your older cousin tho he got that white ppl hair is still a minority. It won't be easy but you'll be stronger cause of it.

Try to use examples of actual mixed race celebrities who had to overcome being a minority as a guiding point. As for your wife, I'm not sure what can be done or how she can help fully parent children who are of color. What does she not understand?

jmood88

My mom always told me when I was younger that I wouldn't be able to get away with the same thing as Asian kids (I went to an elementary/middle school where the dominating minority groups consisted of Asians) because I was black and even though I was mixed that the other Asians and white people would just see me as black.

That shit had me laughing. It's been going on for days, actually..since the 14th.
Oh I'm sure, I've just missed out on all of it since I haven't been in any of the spoiler threads. I actually laughed when I saw that guy's post.

Shy

Good morning, folks..less than 12 hours left.

#TeamT'Challa
Morning.

Hope you have a great time seeing it again with your family
cheese it everybody the coppers here!!!
46LMRY0.gif

Afternoon folks...
Afternoon.
Morning all.
Morning.
Creepy. Then they add 'super' just so I know how creepy it is.

I kinda feel like they both should be left to 10 year old girls.

'Super' anything makes my eye twitch.
xHqsn3M.gif

I'm very much guilty of adding "super" to everything i'm saying. Sorry.

GOP pointing out Trump was endorsed by the KKK is intriguing, considering they outright deny in restricting voting rights, school to prison pipeline and institutional racism they seem to forget.

lmao, fucking joookes

Imm0rt4l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom