• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why'd you watch that f-f-f-FUCKING garbage? I'm guessing you mean Evangelion. Hate that show. Never again.

do they even make anything remotely similar to this anymore, I cant get with no damn moe shit
golgo13-duke.jpg

Why'd you watch that f-f-f-FUCKING garbage? I'm guessing you mean Evangelion. Hate that show. Never again.
Evangelion is something you need to watch when you're young to enjoy. The pseudophilosophical edginess was perfect for a young bobbychalkers. Had I watched it at 25, I would have laughed it off.

I did watch it when I was younger. It messed me up and made me depressed. No thanks. I recognize the merits the movie had like the fight animation but I never want to watch it again.
do they even make anything remotely similar to this anymore, I cant get with no damn moe shit
golgo13-duke.jpg

I dunno I don't watch anime anymore unless a friend wants me to watch something real bad and won't leave me alone about it. They still make Ghost in the Shell and um... you know, I'd like an answer to this too.

I wasn't actually talking about any specific anime tbh

I was just being facetious
giphy.gif

Infinite

Evangelion is something you need to watch when you're young to enjoy. The pseudophilosophical edginess was perfect for a young bobbychalkers. Had I watched it at 25, I would have laughed it off.

eva is fine but i can understand why people hate it. I watched in my twentys for the first time and enjoyed it.

Malyse

Watch School Live and then tell me how moe is killing anime. Or School Days. I suggest you not look either up, as to not ruin the plot.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So I'm going to make a vow of never talking about anime here because its clearly not for this thread. So I'm just going to say this: if you like Shotaro Ishinomori work, specifically Cyborg 009, you should watch The SkullMan, probably one of my older favorite animes other than Trigun. Sure Ishinomori was never there to see what other people would do with his work, but I guess he would of like this re-imagining when he left it to Kazuhiko Shimamoto, contacted to do it only a short time before Ishinomori, who would later died of heart failure 3 days after his birthday. It was actually his character Skullman, who paved the way for the Kamen Rider series. Now I don't want to talk about the plot other than its mystery crime drama, but if you want to see what anime sorta is like nowadays, watch this. Or don't because you have no feelings for anime or its not "modern" enough, since this anime was made around 7 years ago.

Frankly I'm just waiting for the current anime genre to die so we can get at least more original, anime content thats not hack jobs like SAO than not all. The studio who made Gangsta didn't die for this.

But back to more recent news, I watched wrestling and alf last night. Alf was something but I won't say anything other than its great. Wrestling, however was sad after I decided to watch it after i finished writing a paper on why Speedy Gonzales is worst than just being a racist stereotype. So far, it has not improved since the last time I cared about it, around 2006. John Cena just gave up...
Watch School Live and then tell me how moe is killing anime. Or School Days. I suggest you not look either up, as to not ruin the plot.
Please don't joke about school days. I dont even joke about school days ever since I witnessed first hand, what it can do.

I keep having between 1 to 3-4 shows that i can watch each 'season' so i'm not really on the 'moe is killing anime' bandwagon. I can see that there's a lot of it, just like there's a lot of crappy tv series, but i just ignore it.

So I'm going to make a vow of never talking about anime here because its clearly not for this thread.

what?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I keep having between 1 to 3-4 shows that i can watch each 'season' so i'm not really on the 'moe is killing anime' bandwagon. I can see that there's a lot of it, just like there's a lot of crappy tv series, but i just ignore it.

what?
I just got the impression that people here really don't like anime. And that I'm one to talk about it without giving more reason to hate it. My tag is just anime btw.

Same, I can usually find something to watch.
I just got the impression that people here really don't like anime. And that I'm one to talk about it without giving more reason to hate it. My tag is just anime btw.
We have an anime cycle much to the chagrin of some posters.

...I wonder if Bish is available today. I'd like to talk to him about some things.

-------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking about drawing an art piece of Drumpf with his manhood gone getting drilled in the mouth and butt by Ronald McDonald and Burger King and tweeting it to him.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Same, I can usually find something to watch.

We have an anime cycle much to the chagrin of some posters.
Huh, I never thought this thread like that, granted I haven't been around for too long.
But if you want to know my problem of moe and terrible other shows, is that these shows still do good even if you don't care because its not for you, its for the otakus and weeb in Japan. Sure some anime studios now are collaborating with Crunchyroll and Funimation to bring anime worldwide, that still doesn't solve the big problem the genre has. Which is objectifying women and paying their animator terrible wages, to name a few. It's like bullying, ignoring solves nothing when other people like to join in to kick the dead body which is the body bag of the anime industry's original ideas.

Sch1sm

Huh, I never thought this thread like that, granted I haven't been around for too long.
But if you want to know my problem of moe and terrible other shows, is that these shows still do good even if you don't care because its not for you, its for the otakus and weeb in Japan. Sure some anime studios now are collaborating with Crunchyroll and Funimation to bring anime worldwide, that still doesn't solve the big problem the genre has. Which is objectifying women and paying their animator terrible wages, to name a few. It's like bullying, ignoring solves nothing when other people like to join in to kick the dead body which is the body bag of the anime industry's original ideas.

This thread is a lot of things. You never know what you're gonna get opening up this thread. I'm a +1 for liking anime, as well. If it strikes me, I'll watch it. I don't hate it as a whole.

What do you suggest people do instead of ignoring it, though?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I like anime and i wouldn't say others here hate it.
Idk maybe its because after reading those threads in OT about the mayhem which is America and my current troubled life that I'm starting to act out my fatal trait of over analysing things. I should just stop going into OT all together, its worse for my anxiety.
This thread is a lot of things. You never know what you're gonna get opening up this thread. I'm a +1 for liking anime, as well. If it strikes me, I'll watch it. I don't hate it as a whole.

What do you suggest people do instead of ignoring it, though?
Well, frankly if you want reform quickly like in the next 20 years and not 100, you just let the industry die like Video Games. But calming down, Video Games is not doing well either right now IMO, and so it may not be a good idea to let it die. I honestly have no other ideas than that sadly.

the bct cycle: black issues-fuckry-hot cosplay girls-rasists-fuckry-anime-horse pics-the chicken wars-white wimminz

I miss anything?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
the bct cycle: black issues-fuckry-hot cosplay girls-rasists-fuckry-anime-horse pics-the chicken wars-white wimminz

I miss anything?
Lol.. Well if have to compare this thread, it would be like that except i think in Reverse. I guess we move on to cosplay girls? what.
Yeah I'm just going to take a quick break on Gaf so I can get it together and turn in my paper to my teacher. And doing it while also looking her straight in the eye. Fake edit: so I just remembered there are no cars available to take and so Instead I have to take the bus to get to BART. Just dandy.
P.S. Dont start the next thread without me.

RedSwirl

Is Gangsta that good?

I feel like at least some of the hype around it was centered around finding "the next Black Lagoon" or the next anime that reminds us of how we felt about Cowboy Bebop or whatever other gritty crime-oriented anime. After that it was Black Lagoon, then Jormungand, then Gangsta? I think I got some ways into the second season of Jormungand but never finished it. It felt alright, just not a must-watch thing.

I guess I still need to go back and buy some shit though. Like I said earlier, I'm spending a lot more time lately on manga than anime. Just like, wake me up whenever Vinland Saga get's an anime.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Is Gangsta that good?

I feel like at least some of the hype around it was centered around finding "the next Black Lagoon" or the next anime that reminds us of how we felt about Cowboy Bebop or whatever other gritty crime-oriented anime. After that it was Black Lagoon, then Jormungand, then Gangsta? I think I got some ways into the second season of Jormungand but never finished it. It felt alright, just not a must-watch thing.

I guess I still need to go back and buy some shit though. Like I said earlier, I'm spending a lot more time lately on manga than anime. Just like, wake me up whenever Vinland Saga get's an anime.
Gansgta is very good IMHO. Its slow but thats deliberate because there was suppose to be more than 12 episodes before it got canned and the studio went under, or at least thats how I like to think. I've always wanted to continue the manga but never could because I never could find a good way to read the manga. God I must sound like a huge weeb. I'm just thinking about my anime posts from today and even more back and I just sound like the biggest weeb ever. I know too much about Anime than other subjects, honestly.

BTW: im still gonna be on gaf while I find other ways to get to my university because taking the bus sucks.

...I wonder if Bish is available today. I'd like to talk to him about some things.

-------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking about drawing an art piece of Drumpf with his manhood gone getting drilled in the mouth and butt by Ronald McDonald and Burger King and tweeting it to him.

a0tH7.gif

Slayven

Good morning BCT!!!

I haven't posted for a bit cause there is too much BS going around and I really don't want to get banned.

So let's start with some positive stuff.
Shout out to my hero SHY 🤗
Also hi to Old man Mr. Slayen.
Oh can't forget Rashid of the turbulent wind you know who you are. Hi.

Anyway just wanted to pop and spread some love. We all need it and deserve some good stuff.

Stay positive and Safe! 😎
Awww you should come around more
Am I late with Palmer Lucky jokes or

We are always accepting new submissions

Random aside, but dead ass, I'm sick of those free hugs ass dudes. Shit's rough right now, and "we're all human" simp shit is not helping.

Sorry, this week has got me at wits end. The murders, my mom finding out she got breast cancer, living situation still up in the air... I'm hella pissed.

Aiustis

I don't hate it. I don't actively seek out criticising it either. But for me it's easier to say I hate it than get into it with people over their poor taste.

Random aside, but dead ass, I'm sick of those free hugs ass dudes. Shit's rough right now, and "we're all human" simp shit is not helping.

Sorry, this week has got me at wits end. The murders, my mom finding out she got breast cancer, living situation still up in the air... I'm hella pissed.
I hope your personal life improves soon. I can't see the wider social issues improving for a while.

Furyous

I was at work sad as shit over all this. I'm at wit's end because this can happen to me every time I walk out of the house. A white male can say I was menacing him call the cops, videotape the cops killing me, and get away with it.

Steve Clevenger FUCK YOUR SALARY. Libryul media doing good in the world. PC Culture pocket checking conservatives again on some Shotgun Suge shit.

I dunno, Kid. I think there's room for hugs and flowers. I ain't a soft one, but I know there are those days where my little one just walks up and gives me a good Zangief..never knowing I kinda needed it.

I'm sorry about your mom and your struggles though..I know, like many, that bad news comes in pairs. We've just gotta do what we can to keep our people in good spirits and, ultimate, try to fake the same..for their sakes.

My thought are with you and yours, Kid.

Thanks, bruh. Hope everything is going well with you.

Some hiccups here and there, but we're managing..🙂

D i Z

Keep your head up.

Fawful looking to be on that first bus when Prez Trump starts rounding nigga's up.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I don't hate it. I don't actively seek out criticising it either. But for me it's easier to say I hate it than get into it with people over their poor taste.
Haha i know how it is.
I know I dont handle criticism and discipline so Im always in a bad place. People have different ways with dealing when shit hits the fan. I use to just be left alone and lash out to those that tried to get near me. My mom didnt like it when I lashed out at her and sent my ass to catholic school, which kinda got me to clean up my act. But when i got to college with a lot of freedom, you'd believe me when i got the first chance, i blew it all away. Im now on probation and trying my best to show more empathy with people so I at least dont keep making bad decisions everytime I think its ok to do so when its clearly not.
And with that im gonna get on this train and hopefully not be back on gaf in the 7 hours I'm at school.
Eh, im probably all on everyones ignore list right now, at least they cant rag on me anymore.

jmood88

I just saw a video of the protestors arguing with the free hugs guy and the first comment is, "probably the smartest black guy I know. He is not a nigger.", thus showing just how pointless that shit is.

D i Z

Ms. Marvel is making my Metro commute a pleasure to take. Not sure what I can read that's going to hit those same beats when I run out of issues.

I just saw a video of the protestors arguing with the free hugs guy and the first comment is, "probably the smartest black guy I know. He is not a nigger.", thus showing just how pointless that shit is.

Eh..you'll her that reaction regardless. Don't know that it makes it pointless. Some racist showing his ass with the "nigger" bullshit (may he choke on his dinner) doesn't mean we toss out all reasoning and rationale. I'm not the dude who gonna put daisies in some officers lapel, but I'm pretty ok with someone else showing that gesture..

I only watch like five animes. Looking through this used PS3 I bought and this guy downloaded a lot of anime on it. I think it's taking up most of the harddrive. Most anime doesn't appeal to me and I was wondering if I should check out some of the ones on here.

There's Eureka7, Freezing, and Tsubasa out of the ones listed with names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom