• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

Just don't read any of the after dune stuff. Shit gets stupid. Paul is immortal god emperor or something and the worms grant immortality and the ability to see in the fifth dimension or something I've blocked most of it out.

the first 3 books are a good set to work with to have a good impression of the dune story, while the creator was still alive. After that, all they were really left with were his notes, and his kids.

Nah i saw the movies, and realized that shit isn't for me

lol the movies are not like the books at all though. you read the books and it feels like it could be in the desert anywhere with magic-science, in a quasi future-past kind of setting. where you're constantly recognizing things, but they're in different configurations that make sense. It's like an elseworlds of a modern story that you know. I love Dune for that reason.

I love the movie for a different reason. The same reason I love Krull and Battle Beyond the Stars. Its just crazy eye candy madness. The movie in comparison to the book is like they took the book and then took some drugs and decided to get creative. but from what I hear of the David Lynch creation of the movie that's not too far off.

Every so often I think of something a friend of mine would say or do and plan to catch up with him but then I remember that he passed. Sadness.

Shy

I think you'd like Journey To The West. This is the first book.

And while i've always been too lazy (much to my own embarrassment) to read the original novels.
I grew up with the TV show (which gave me a great love of the characters) and i always watch any movie adaption.

I got upset that i didn't get any of the JTTW skins from Overwatch's Lunar new year event.
Every so often I think of something a friend of mine would say or do and plan to catch up with him but then I remember that he passed. Sadness.
That must be very painful.

I'm very sorry for your lose.

zeemumu

All I wanna know is, is there a part where Rita throws her wand from the tower and asks to make her monster grow?!

Well,
she didn't throw it
. I liked Rita more than I thought I would, though. She's her own kind of hammy in this movie.

Did you grab
donuts
after?

Nah, dropped my friend off and went home. How much do you think
Krispy Kreme
paid for that product placement?

What did the audience look like

A good mix of everyone.

I chuckled a bit at
"Sorry Bumblebee!"

Also missed the post-credits scene but read about it. Did
Rita drop her coin when she got backhanded into space by the Megazord?

Well that's depressing..sorry, brother. Been dealing with the same. Part of my lack of sleep..

Nah, dropped my friend off and went home. How much do you think
Krispy Kreme
paid for that product placement?
From the description? I'd imagine they financed half the movie
lol..

zeemumu

From the description? I'd imagine they financed half the movie
lol..

I wouldn't doubt it if I found out that they did. That be like finding out that FedEx financed the entirety of Castaway

I will say one thing though...

WHERE ARE MY DAMN SPARKS?! I DEMANDED SPARKS EVERY TIME SOMEONE IS HIT.

zeemumu

Our current media does remind me of a Nostalgia Critic line though

For now, what do you say we all watch commercials while eating some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fruit snacks!

Tamara: Eww, you held onto those since the 90's?

NC: Oh, no, they're current!

Tamara: Oh, well, the heck with that. I'm going to reconnect with My Little Pony.

NC: Ohhh, you held onto that since childhood?

Tamara: No, it's...current.

Malcolm: Well, I'm going to reconnect with my nostalgia by playing with my Transformer.

Tamara: Did you get that out of your attic?

Malcolm: No...it's...current.

Thanks for the wishes, it doesn't happen too often but that dude was my man all through high school so when it happens it hits hard. I'm good though getting used to the feeling and converting them into warm remembrances.

Thanks for the wishes, it doesn't happen too often but that dude was my man all through high school so when it happens it hits hard. I'm good though getting used to the feeling and converting them into warm remembrances.

I hear it all heals with time. Unfortunately for myself, it's a lot of death all in a short time span. Just heard someone is on their way out a couple of days ago..not helping lol. Takes me a couple of months to clear my head..

Beefy

Yeah, I was the same when I lost my nan. She was like a second mum to me, so we chatted about everything. Sorry for your loss dude.

I hear it all heals with time. Unfortunately for myself, it's a lot of death all in a short time span. Just heard someone is on their way out a couple of days ago..not helping lol. Takes me a couple of months to clear my head..
I get what you mean man, you lose one and try to move on then you lose someone else shortly after. I lost a few fam to cancer last year which is got me. But we all have to try and live our lives as best as possible. It's what they would have wanted.

Sch1sm

Jandro knows. Today is two years since my paternal grandmother passed away. Upcoming Saturday is a year since my maternal grandfather's death, as well. Not much you can do but wait out the rough times.

Beefy

That jonTron thread has gone fucked up. People chating about how him saying diluting aint racist... Even some mixed dude calling himself diluted.....

Today I learned this nigga had a monkey..Hadn't seen him for a year.

11998959_1064504400238070_870810635983977729_n.jpg

He was a good dude..well, with me and mine lol.

Today I learned this nigga had a monkey..Hadn't seen him for a year.

Looks like my stepbrother.

Because I was adopted, my childhood was basically one old family member dying after another. Compared to when I was 8, there's barely anybody left. I pretty much dwell on the eventual deaths of the people I love all day every day.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.gif

That's the extent that I'm gonna talk about that, though. Just sharing because everyone else was.

Shy

A rapper, roy's new picture looked just like him on first glance.
Gotcha.

Because I was adopted, my childhood was basically one old family member dying after another. Compared to when I was 8, there's barely anybody left. I pretty much dwell on the eventual deaths of the people I love all day every day.

That's the extent that I'm gonna talk about that, though. Just sharing because everyone else was.
cmf7hDd.gif

QUOTE=Beefy;232814770]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1355623

Man this thread. Makes me glad I skipped ME.[/QUOTE]

Jesus Christ. This is what happens when EA buys a beloved developer with no idea on what made them beloved in the first place. Between the Doctors leaving, Main writers getting split up among EA's dreadful RPG properties and no one left to check Casey Hudson...Bioware is just pathetic like Rare pathetic.

Always a pleasure, Mikey lol. Your step looks like the monkey you say? 😏

Damn Slayven your looking for DS4 replacement thread got zero traction. The thread popped up on my Twitter feed because I follow the NeoGAF thread tracker.

I think you are stuck using the subpar DS4 if you want wireless

hypernima

Banned
The talks of assimilation to western culture in the JonTron thread is odd.
I don't recall the British or the French assimilating to the cultures of the colonies they once had.

Sch1sm

People want people to assimilate to their culture, don't want any of the immigrant's culture within theirs tho

Pretty much what white culture is and why they struggle to explain it, isn't it? 'cause all it is is assimilation of ethnic groups that were once given shit by truly white people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom