• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight SPOILER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

Peguin don't hate me, love me.

Also the last news I heard on it was Megan Fox wanted to be Catwoman?

Also Penguin the TAS love in the new Batman game is amazing.

feel

Batman Begins was on tv a couple of hours ago, and while I watched it again, I came to the conclusion that The Dark Knight retroactively made it even better.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Letters said:
Batman Begins was on tv a couple of hours ago, and while I watched it again, I came to the conclusion that The Dark Knight retroactively made it even better.
I agree. I watched Begins after I saw Dark Knight and I liked it a lot more.

Letters said:

really? Because I thought BB was quite bland. I might have to rewatch it then

I love Begins for different reasons why I love The Dark Knight. Begins is just a fantastic origins story that sadly becomes less interesting when Batman becomes Batman. Yet The Dark Knight, I love because of Batman the HERO'S influence on people, most notably the villains and the Joker.

Different movies and I love them both for different reasons.

Sanjuro

BrandNew said:
I love Begins for different reasons why I love The Dark Knight. Begins is just a fantastic origins story that sadly becomes less interesting when Batman becomes Batman. Yet The Dark Knight, I love because of Batman the HERO'S influence on people, most notably the villains and the Joker.

Different movies and I love them both for different reasons.
Pretty much. I hope the third film is all Robin all the time and at least two of them die just for kicks.

Stitch

Gold Member
Letters said:
how could it make Begins better? wouldn't it make Begins even worse?

it would make you realise even more how boring it is. how awful the bad guys are. how bad the action scenes are... god, i hate Begins :|

feel

Stitch said:
how could it make Begins better? wouldn't it make Begins even worse?

it would make you realise even more how boring it is. how awful the bad guys are. how bad the action scenes are... god, i hate Begins :|
I felt indifferent to it before but now I have fun watching it because of its connection to TDK. I love The Dark Knight so much that seeing some of its people like Jim Gordon or Alfred (with the same actors) in another batman movie is great for me.

jett

D-Member
Updating this thread because I found something interesting about TDK on video. It's on regular TV right now where I live, I felt like comparing it to the Blu-ray to see how much cropping affected the movie, for some reason(I'm bored :p). Anyway, found out the IMAX scenes in the TV version of TDK actually use the full 1.33:1 aspect ratio of the IMAX cut(I figured they would crop it from the regular widescreen cut). I guess the people that buy the non-widescreen DVD actually gain something. :p

i posted a my re-watch thoughts in the general movies thread. so i'll keep it brief

the movies last act is pretty badly put together. it's too quickly cut around, scenes are abbreviated, and Two-Faces rise and fall kinda sucks. Now apparently this is all to do with Ledgers abrupt death, but whatevs. everything up to when Joker gets captured is pretty excellent. just everything after that is a mess.

Blader

fistfulofmetal said:
i posted a my re-watch thoughts in the general movies thread. so i'll keep it brief

the movies last act is pretty badly put together. it's too quickly cut around, scenes are abbreviated, and Two-Faces rise and fall kinda sucks. Now apparently this is all to do with Ledgers abrupt death, but whatevs. everything up to when Joker gets captured is pretty excellent. just everything after that is a mess.

It has nothing to do with Ledger's death. Filming was all finished when Ledger died.

DMczaf

Time to dust off this thread

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/flashforward-showrunner-exits-for-features/

FlashForward, ABC's heir apparent to Lost which just began its final season, is in turmoil again. It was already on its 2nd showrunner after Marc Guggenheim exited in October. Since then, I've been receiving reports of a lot of "infighting" and "backbiting" inside the show. Now FlashForward showrunner David Goyer has left with 5 episodes still to shoot. Of course, Goyer's feature career is really heating up, since he co-wrote Batman Begins, and penned the story for The Dark Knight, and is now writing the third Batman installment with Chris Nolan's brother Jonah. ("As my feature projects have started ramping up again, I felt I was being pulled in too many directions," Goyer said in a statement. "I'm proud of the show and excited about the relaunch. It's in great hands.")

161e9i.gif

DMczaf said:

Uh, don't know how much weight I would put into deadline article, especially when it is mentioned as a minor footnote of the news. Mentioned on Variety yesterday without that news, so it sounds like wishful thinking on their part. Same as a lot of news sites claiming Cameron's next project is Battle Angel slated for 2011 whilst reporting about AVATAR sequels.

i'm looking forward to the third batman movie as much as anyone, but i'm really not a fan of casting Javier Bardem as Robin

Nolan's universe does not need a Robin

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
penned the story for The Dark Knight,
What? I was pretty sure he had nothing to do with it.
and is now writing the third Batman installment with Chris Nolan's brother Jonah.
And, I mean, is Goyer even really necessary at this point? I think the Nolans can take it from here.

DMczaf

SpeedingUptoStop said:

"Written by" and "Story by" are 2 seperate credits

Goyer co-wrote Begins with Chris, but he only did the story with Chris for TDK and then Jonah knocked out the actual script.

gdt

Another thing..

Wasn't Jonah Nolan arrested for something? Or am I thinking of another celebrity-relative person?

ezekial45

Banned
gdt5016 said:
Wait..yeah.

I though Goyer had nothing to do with TDK?

Deadline sucks balls.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
And, I mean, is Goyer even really necessary at this point? I think the Nolans can take it from here.

Goyer came up with the concept for TDK with Nolan, while the two brothers wrote the actual script. I think he should be involved, imo. He is the one that convinced Nolan to keep Scarecorw's mask after all. I like to think he helps retain the comic book elements, while the Nolans do everything else.

EDIT:

gdt5016 said:
Another thing..

Wasn't Jonah Nolan arrested for something? Or am I thinking of another celebrity-relative person?

I read that their other brother was arrested for murder.

EDIT: here it is. Matthew Francis Nolan

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b105428_dark_knight_directors_brother_arrested.html

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I miss this thread. Every poster here is worse outside this thread.
It's like returning to a home you moved out of. They've painted different colors on the walls!

DMczaf

Probably the most important question...

How do you top a title as badass as The Dark Knight? There's no going back to "Batman Something".

Penguin

DMczaf said:
Probably the most important question...

How do you top a title as badass as The Dark Knight? There's no going back to "Batman Something".

The Dark Knight Something

But yeah, I mean all the good sounding ones were the first time around so who knows.

I still think naming like comic, Batman: Something Villain Related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom