• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight SPOILER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

Ninja Scooter said:
The Darkest Knight (with Wesley Snipes as Batman)

Did you see that commercial for that new movie with Wesley Snipes, Richard Gere, and Don Cheadles?

How the fuck did that happen

DMczaf said:
Did you see that commercial for that new movie with Wesley Snipes, Richard Gere, and Don Cheadles?

How the fuck did that happen

is it supposed to be like Avatar, only with Snipes and Cheadles playing purple aliens?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
SpeedingUptoStop said:
Well, here's to sticking with the rough sketches, because Goyer's been shit outside of the comic book movies.
ohqyaa.jpg
dmecnq.jpg

Easy_D

never left the stone age
There's only one way to show how much ass Batman can kick so I think the title should be:

Batman: With Planning Time

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
DMczaf said:
Probably the most important question...

How do you top a title as badass as The Dark Knight? There's no going back to "Batman Something".
The Goddamn Batman

Puddles

Banned
Anyone else feel like The Dark Knight would have been nominated for Best Picture and might have even won if the boats had blown up?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Philip Seymore is too obvious of a choice, I hope they go for someone unexpected like Peter Dinklage.

By the way, I just got my first HD TV and I ordered The Dark Knight BD for the first piece of my collection. Tropic Thunder is next.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Many people complained about The Dark Knight’s lack of extras when the DVD/Blu-Ray was released. I have some good news for those of you who want to see some more never-before-released featurettes and bonus content. DC Comics is celebrating their 75th Anniversary, and as part of that they have included 31 additional minutes of bonus content when you buy The Dark Knight on iTunes, Amazon OnDemand or Cable OnDemand (starting in July). You can see a listing of the bonus features below:

ZZ16ED1D24small.jpg

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
cubanb said:
Just rewatched this for the first time is 16 months or so. What an awesome movie.

Same here.

It's pretty damn good, but I had the same exact critiques as I did the first time. Felt much longer watching it at home. Dent didn't quite do it for me (after the transition) and Maggie is an ok actor, but not quite as pretty.

Still great movie. Ledger nails it, and the bat-voice wasn't as annoying this time.

Btw, the wife pointed out to me that the "What is that a bazooka?" driver of the SWAT car was probably one of Joker's men. Thinking about this helped ease the pain of that awful scene. I always thought to myself.. what the hell is a professionally trained member of law enforcement doing questioning weaponry (and in a manner that isn't even correct)?

ezekial45

Banned
I can't believe this thread made it to close to 9000 posts.

After 2 years, i still think it got robbed the best picture and best director noms.

DMczaf

ezekial45 said:

After 2 years, i still think it got robbed the best picture and best director noms.

We'll always remember The Reader.

...what was The Reader?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Watched it again quite recently, back to back with Batman Begins. It's one of the few movies you actually CAN watch back-to-back, because the story evolves naturally from BB to TDK. The interrogation-scene still gives me goosebumps.

There is, however, something still bugging me: the first scene. Joker escapes from the bank in a schoolbus by merging his bus into a line of schoolbuses. Imagine your the driver of the bus directly behind Joker's. Wouldn't you find it a LITTLE awkward that an empty bus pulls up from a whole in the wall of a bank? Wouldn't you grab some sort of communicationdevice to call it in, hand over the licenseplate to the authorities or something? It still puzzles me how easy the escape was for Joker, especially compared to who well planned and executed the break-in was.

cubanb

Banned
Extollere said:
Same here.

It's pretty damn good, but I had the same exact critiques as I did the first time. Felt much longer watching it at home. Dent didn't quite do it for me (after the transition) and Maggie is an ok actor, but not quite as pretty.

Still great movie. Ledger nails it, and the bat-voice wasn't as annoying this time.

Btw, the wife pointed out to me that the "What is that a bazooka?" driver of the SWAT car was probably one of Joker's men. Thinking about this helped ease the pain of that awful scene. I always thought to myself.. what the hell is a professionally trained member of law enforcement doing questioning weaponry (and in a manner that isn't even correct)?
Ya , I wasn't a fan of Maggie, but it is what it is.

Guzim

ezekial45 said:

At least we know that The Dark Knight is the reason why they now do 10 best picture nominations. Also, don't forget at this past year's Oscars they started talking about The Dark Knight during one of the nominations :lol

neorej said:
There is, however, something still bugging me: the first scene. Joker escapes from the bank in a schoolbus by merging his bus into a line of schoolbuses. Imagine your the driver of the bus directly behind Joker's. Wouldn't you find it a LITTLE awkward that an empty bus pulls up from a whole in the wall of a bank? Wouldn't you grab some sort of communicationdevice to call it in, hand over the licenseplate to the authorities or something? It still puzzles me how easy the escape was for Joker, especially compared to who well planned and executed the break-in was.
I could be mistaken, but I thought that Joker pretty much had the city in his pocket. He infiltrated Gotham at every level, so that's why he was able to take that bus of 50 people and use them as decoys in that building being constructed. At that point it wouldn't matter if anyone else saw the bus emerge(so long as the bus drivers were spoken for) since he'd be long gone.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
sebajuNujabes said:
I could be mistaken, but I thought that Joker pretty much had the city in his pocket. He infiltrated Gotham at every level, so that's why he was able to take that bus of 50 people and use them as decoys in that building being constructed. At that point it wouldn't matter if anyone else saw the bus emerge(so long as the bus drivers were spoken for) since he'd be long gone.

I'm talking about the very first scene, not the scene at the hospital. In the beginning he was still on the rise and trying to get the mob's attention.

Arthrus

neorej said:
Watched it again quite recently, back to back with Batman Begins. It's one of the few movies you actually CAN watch back-to-back, because the story evolves naturally from BB to TDK. The interrogation-scene still gives me goosebumps.

You can assume at least a few of the other school buses were driven by people working for the Joker! (Why else would there be the perfect amount of space for him to slip in?)

Really though, there's a lot of things in the film that make no sense at all if you think about them. Just sit back and enjoy it for the really intense action movie it is.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Arthrus said:
You can assume at least a few of the other school buses were driven by people working for the Joker! (Why else would there be the perfect amount of space for him to slip in?)

Really though, there's a lot of things in the film that make no sense at all if you think about them. Just sit back and enjoy it for the really intense action movie it is.

Would've made more sense if they had shown a shot of the driver of bus behind Joker's bus, show it's a henchman. Or if the buses were driving down the street that crosses the street where Joker pulls up from the bank, and Joker just merges with them on the intersection: that way, it would've been just another schoolbus to the regular drivers.

Yeah I know, there are a whole lot of things wrong with the movie when you think about it, but I don't let them distract me from what it is: one of the best action-thrillers I've ever seen.

AirBrian

neorej said:
Would've made more sense if they had shown a shot of the driver of bus behind Joker's bus, show it's a henchman. Or if the buses were driving down the street that crosses the street where Joker pulls up from the bank, and Joker just merges with them on the intersection: that way, it would've been just another schoolbus to the regular drivers.

Yeah I know, there are a whole lot of things wrong with the movie when you think about it, but I don't let them distract me from what it is: one of the best action-thrillers I've ever seen.
Another reasonable explanation is maybe the people of Gotham were so apathetic -- and know it's a mob bank -- that they just didn't care?

Guzim said:
At least we know that The Dark Knight is the reason why they now do 10 best picture nominations. Also, don't forget at this past year's Oscars they started talking about The Dark Knight during one of the nominations :lol

The sad part is that the past two years have barely had 5 movies worth nominating for Best Picture. 2007 and 2008 had plenty, 2009 (and so far 2010) did not.

JGS

Banned
Arthrus said:

This.

I assumed, as it was setup in Begins, that the majority of Gotham was corrupt and it didn't matter much to get paid off to look the other way, hence the bus drivers being in cahoots with the Joker.

Joker was a rising star only in comparison to the mob. He seemed to be a clear number 2 concern and was plenty powerful. He just wasn't thought to have an orginization by Batman or the mob (He did). He had been on the scene since Batman Begins and Batman & Gordon were discussing all of the other antics he had been up to. He just wasn't as big as the mob was so they thought they could wait. However, he even infiltrated the mob itself.

JGS

Banned
Guzim said:
Well, it and Wall-E. There will probably be a PIXAR movie on every ballot now (Although it still won't win).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom