• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2011/2012 Off-Season Thread |OT| The Year of the Red Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANDY_098

Reading the sheet I think that 'Cold' pressures should be in the (empty) brackets and the numbers shown are 'Target' pressures. Pure speculation, but the target pressures are likely to be measured with pre-warmed tyres in the blankets as this is the last stage for the tyre before leaving the garage so makes the most sense to be put on a set-up sheet.

Using cold temps on the sheet would mean that to prepare the tyres they will need to be pressurised and then warmed. Not ideal for quick pressure changes before pitstops in a race. Using target (warm) pressures on the sheet means they can fill a bunch of tyres to a nominal overpressure and then release pressure down to what the desired pressure actually is quickly.

I am assuming that the Pirelli tyres use similar pressures to the pre-'11 tyres. Whilst I agree there will be some difference I doubt that the construction of the tyre is so different that the running pressure is double of what it used to be.

That's some fantastic scenery, but I couldn't imagine modern F1 ever visiting a circuit like that. Not that the other one is in any way more preferable.

Ark

I'd love to, but my sister refuses to give up the TV and I have no idea what my Sky ID is so I can't use Sky GO.

avaya

Brundle's face said it all when the show started. Sky are going to redefine F1 coverage, yet again. They set the standard in 2002 and they'll beat it again.

Gav

I binned Sky a few months ago, so my Dads Sky GO login on my 360 will be helpful this season.

Watching this magazine show now. Content looks good, and its Skys usual production style. But that constantly panning camera and changing camera angles are already annoying me, haha.

Looks so good in HD. Didn't have HD last year.

untitled-1e6bvy.gif

Juicy Bob

I still feel so fucking bitter about this whole thing. I just can't afford Sky as a student. That's all I'm going to say about it.

avaya

There is an entire channel in GLORIOUS HD that will have F1 content during prime time 365 days a year.

I am so looking forward to the historic races they'll replay. All of the classics. My 1TB box is gonna run out of space.

Bo-Locks

With such great production, why do Sky have so many awfully shopped photos on their website?

But other than that the coverage looks to be high value, just what you'd expect from Sky. Hopefully Georgie Thompson will be kept to a minimum.

EDIT: lol Virtual Car with Ted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom