• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2011/2012 Off-Season Thread |OT| The Year of the Red Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just registered my team - Kimi stole my ice cream F1!

Never run the Race Manager before although watched with interest last year, team submitted is:

Driver One: Daniel Ricciardo
Driver Two: Heikki Kovalainen (or Hokey-Cokey-pea-head as my fiancee calls him!)
Chassis: Caterham
Engine: Renualt (Caterham)
Fuel: Petronas

Am I doing it right? :)

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Just registered my team - Kimi stole my ice cream F1!

Never run the Race Manager before although watched with interest last year, team submitted is:

Driver One: Daniel Ricciardo
Driver Two: Heikki Kovalainen (or Hokey-Cokey-pea-head as my fiancee calls him!)
Chassis: Caterham
Engine: Renualt (Caterham)
Fuel: Petronas

Am I doing it right? :)
Good all round team. :)

Adamm

Do we have last years final subleague top 50?
I think i was quite high up - not bad for my first season

Now this year i plan to win it! :(

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Do we have last years final subleague top 50?
I think i was quite high up - not bad for my first season

Now this year i plan to win it! :(
QBA6t.png

operon

I'm hoping to improve on 25th from last year this time going with

Top Gear F1

Driver 1 Charles Pic(Mar)
Driver 2 Timo GLock (Mar)
Chassis Torro Rosso
Engine Catherham
Fuel Total

Going with good fuel and resonable chassis and engine combined with poor drivers to get started

dubc35

For the Race Manager should I make sure to use all the money? I have a $3M left after selecting everything and can't afford the next better item in any category.

AndyD

aka andydumi
The article seems to make it a money issue. As in this way they can afford to continue both as they only have to pay the fee in the years they run the race, so they have time to raise the money.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
That's the end of the European GP for now then, unless they start picking a different country to host the race each year as it should be.

Anyone here remember the details / have a link for info on watching RTL (Germany) from the UK? I tried to set it up on the satellite dish at my mother's house earlier but as best I could tell I could only get RTL CH.

Goldrusher

Anyone here remember the details / have a link for info on watching RTL (Germany) from the UK? I tried to set it up on the satellite dish at my mother's house earlier but as best I could tell I could only get RTL CH.
Sounds like your dish is pointing at 13° east, it needs to point at 19.2° east.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
The quote comes at 14mins 30secs : http://soundcloud.com/matthew-layton/matthew-layton-zoneoneradio-7

No way of knowing if there is any truth in it though.
Kind of contradicts what his friends have been saying.

He can do a lot more than what Jamie thinks supposedly, maybe Jaime's info is out of date.

Nice to see the Liana brought out of retirement.

mblitek

Edmond Dantès;35857571 said:
Kind of contradicts what his friends have been saying.

He can do a lot more than what Jamie thinks supposedly, maybe Jaime's info is out of date.

[...]

I'm disappointed in you Edmond! If you're Jaime would you play up Robert's injury? I certainly would! I feel bad saying that but, it's the name of the game in F1 sadly.

I wonder if Pirelli would hire Jaime as their test driver for their new ( to them) Renault R30 F1 car? But maybe they want someone more experienced? I would really like to see Antony Davidson back in a Formula One car. I really liked that guy! Actually, now that I think of it Jarno Trulli probably has a good shot at that position maybe even Rubens?

Like Leunam I to have been busy. I have been working on my new website, I should have the final rough draft of the graphics, text, logo etc. done by mid-next week. I hope you guys like it and hopefully some of you will feel compelled to write a few guest articles!

Also, if you use Twitter follow @greaseandgears ! I need to build up my followers base and not to mention I currently suck pretty hard at using Twitter!

I also joined the racing league, I am "Canuck Luck." :)

Before I go, you should check out the new Autosport magazine, it's a really good each edition!

Shaneus

Well, my Webbah merchandise has arrived from Germany or wherever the hell RBR Shop is. Just in time, too! Very, very happy. La Barbilla Gloriosa indeed!

He certainly said it (it's in an interview), but how true it is, who knows.

The quote comes at 14mins 30secs : http://soundcloud.com/matthew-layton/matthew-layton-zoneoneradio-7

No way of knowing if there is any truth in it though.

thanks guys

You sir aare my hero :D .. thanks

I've never seen Kimi with such a beaming smile before.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kim....,cf.osb&fp=e62d2f4767870d40&biw=1279&bih=635

not sure if anyone would be interested. i know I'm not, but I also know that some of you guys are techies :)

kimi-lotus.jpg

Gav

Wow , i never realised i finished in the top 50 on Race Manager last season. Good times.
All set up and ready to go for this year now!

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Williams making some money thanks to moneyhats:
Williams Grand Prix Holdings has announced an improved financial performance for the year to December 31 2011, with overall earnings up by 14.8% or £13.5m.

A company statement said: “On a like for like basis the core business, which combines the traditional Formula One business and diversification using our Formula One derived IP, has seen turnover increase from £90.8m to £102.3m, and EBIT increase from £8.2m to £9.8m. This has driven an overall Group turnover of £104.5m (2010: £91m) and an EBIT increase of 20.6% to £7.6m.
http://adamcooperf1.com/2012/03/09/williams-announces-improved-financial-numbers/

Passive rear wing F-ducts are being used by 3-4 teams, may be banned before Melbourne.
f1enigma
Rear wing passive F-Ducts again on the agenda ... Seems 3-4 teams are using this solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom