• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes |OT| Purple Link just didn't stay fresh enough.

Durock

I'm loving this game and am legitimately surprised by the Drablands Challenges. I didn't know anything about them going into the game and they really challenging. Requires much more of a cooperative effort between yourself and your teammates.

I'm still only on the first world and haven't tried any of the other worlds yet. Can't wait to give them shot later on!

Gregtis

Anyone want to play some of the early dungeons? Beaten only the first one. Just added everyone from the NA spreadsheet and will be playing for a bit.

totowhoa

Banned
Hey GAF. Would my fiancé and I be able to play this together? We own two handhelds, and we'd like to just get one copy for download play and pull in a third player online. Is this possible? Wasn't clear in the op so sorry if it's a repeat question.

Beat all the main levels, got a good team for last boss. Honestly I doubt some levels are playable in single player mode. It's a fine game overall, just need good teammates.

ChrisDM

Hey GAF. Would my fiancé and I be able to play this together? We own two handhelds, and we'd like to just get one copy for download play and pull in a third player online. Is this possible? Wasn't clear in the op so sorry if it's a repeat question.

Yep, definitely possible!

Burning Justice

the superior princess

No, it's not. Download play can only be done locally--if you want to play with a third player online, you both need copies of the game.

QuarkMann

Neo Member
Added my friend code to the european spreadsheet. I hope I will get some trusty teammates to complete the challenges of the first and second world. Some of them are way harder then I expected, especially those with time limit.

TheMoon

I actually added just this specific thing to the OP last night and bolded it even. :)

You cannot mix and match online and local.

Yep, definitely possible!

No it isn't.

danwu

Banned
Added my friend code to the european spreadsheet. I hope I will get some trusty teammates to complete the challenges of the first and second world. Some of them are way harder then I expected, especially those with time limit.

Added you, add me back !

fernoca

Played online for the first time, and loved it...was a blast and fun. Looking forward to play a bit more.

Fatal Frame, Guitar Hero and this in the same day basically have me a bit busy..then there's my job. :p

Love the feeling when one player is really dragging your party down making a dungeon tedious and slow & they decide to quit just before the end of the dungeon.

-___-

QuarkMann

Neo Member
Just finished the first world including all challenges. Took me a while because of some stupid random dudes. Now it's time for the second world.

TheMoon

The first person who completes the limited time challenges in singleplayer (just one, any of them, even the first one) and posts a screenshot of the stats screen (SP view of course) gets a drawing of a cookie with a special dedication.

I can't do it.

As much as people complained about single player, it's infinitely more playable than having a team with a single bad teammate.

Literally being able to control only one character at the time is still superior to having one person just be absolutely detrimental to the party.

Andrin

So other than the Drablands Challenges, what's the endgame like after you "complete" the main game?

Well it's basically completing those challenges, the PvP-coliseum, and gathering materials for every outfit (for example you need 10 of the consolation prize from the chest minigame for one outfit). After that you're basically just running around being fabulous.

XaosWolf

So other than the Drablands Challenges, what's the endgame like after you "complete" the main game?

The Challenges will take a while though. You could then do everything Single Player, and for the masochists: complete everything with the Bear Minimum outfit.

RedColumn

Ey Europeans! I will be around in 1 hour (15:00 GMT+2 ... Berlin time :p)
I will create one to go to the 5th world! Anyone wanna join me?

RedColumn

Still need to finish the final ice world dungeon first, got the ice climber suit on single player to help make it easier.
Lets wait then to see where the people are, and maybe we make two groups or I can go back to the ice dungeon to get some materials ;). Who is up for a neogaf play in 30min?

EDIT: we could also create a more code for the waiting room when someone want to write something in neogaf, so the others read it. Or another for: wait 3 min ... like:

like: good bye + NOOO + NOOO + YES = see you in neogaf
5orcLod.png
VVsvmOD.png
VVsvmOD.png
D8yqFrR.png

Joqu

Are those volcano mine cart bosses supposed to be really hard or is there a trick to it I'm missing??

I don't wanna die anymore and no one I've played with seems to be any better ;___;

Pls. I want to know how much I suck. I haven't had much trouble with the challenge levels I've played so far but that mine cart stuff is a nightmare. I've done it once mind you but whenever it gets selected there's death

I'm starting to regret buying this. I made it through the 1st world just fine playing with randos but it's getting exponentially more difficult playing the later levels. I've also had 3 people quit in the middle of the level.

The Zelda franchise is my favorite in all of gaming but I should have held off.

Top Bottom