• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation VR2 PC adapter launches August 7

Vlodril

No eye tracking means this is a bust for me.

What's the point if it doesn't support the features that come with the headset?

How would it have tracking on random games if the devs do no implement it? At best it's going to be on case by case basis at worst they won't even let you enable this from the psvr2 hardware side (which modders could fix perhaps).

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Valve generally relies on collaboration with hardware partners to get new features added to their API.

If the likes of Meta, Pimax (and even Microsoft back when they had WMR) can do it then so can Sony.

At this stage their approach comes across as lazy.
Index is 5 years old by now and it's features are barely used outside Alyx.

It is what it is.

Do you need a pretty powerful PC to play VR games well?
Biggest problem is VRAM. 8GB is barely enough believe me.
Name me PC VR games that support HDR, haptics and FOV-rendering on an API level.
Absence of HDR is just sad and terrible! Foveated is not much of a problem on PC because GPU's are so much faster. Haptics are pure gimmick and useless IMO.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Really good and balanced USB with fiber will cost you around 50 with shipping anyway.

For what it is, it priced totally alright. Also I expect it to be bindled at some point.
I bought one for less than 30. I have no idea if has fiber but it work and the IQ is good.

GHG

How would it have tracking on random games if the devs do no implement it? At best it's going to be on case by case basis at worst they won't even let you enable this from the psvr2 hardware side (which modders could fix perhaps).

It's something that can be implemented on an API level with SteamVR.

Please read the responses from Valve here:

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
It's something that can be implemented on an API level with SteamVR.

Please read the responses from Valve here:

Maybe later I'll write the wall of text of why things are not that simple as they should with PC VR (I actually film videos fro VR companies), but let's say it's just not that simple as an API call.

Last edited:

omegasc

Lack of HDR is a bummer. Eye tracking would be nice, but PC Master Race can compensate with UNLIMITED POWAH, at least.
I'll get it, since I already have a VR2 for GT7. No doubts.

Last edited:

GHG

Maybe later I'll write the wall of text of why things are not that simple as they should with PC VR (I actually film videos fro VR companies), but let's say it's just not that simple as an API call.

Well I'd certainly be interested in reading it if that matters.

My point of reference is that people with quest pro's are able to make use of eye tracking. The PSVR 2 will not be able to in any circumstances.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
It's very thick.
That's the problem with cheaper cables. Connector usually breaks under the cable weight and it's not very flexible when you want to use room scale vr.

Good and reliable VR cable should be fairly slim and flexible. This is coming from my own experience, sadly.

Last edited:
Lack of features is odd.
This seems more to give existing users more access and value rather than a valid pitch to get more pc only users to buy the headset

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
So, how does this compare to the Valve Index?

Just reposting cos I don't let X track me.
UYdcahu.png

Last edited:

Wonko_C

Noice. I wanted to have a reason to buy a PSVR2 before the PS5 because if I were to buy the PS5 first it would become an expensive paperweight. Now I can just use my PSVR2 on PC while I save for the Resident Evil Village/4 Remake machine.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Can someone in layman's terms explain to me why HDR and Eye Tracking won't work on PC when using this PSVR2 adapter, don't other existing PC VR devices already do that?

Last edited:
Just need to know where I can buy one. Definitely going to since I have a bunch of PCVR games. I wonder if I'll be able to play games through the Oculus store too.

Minsc

Gold Member
Price is slightly higher than expected (was hoping closer to $20), and features are very much worse than expected - really think this loses a lot of value without HDR and eye tracking, in fact w/o eye tracking it closes out some reasons to buy it over other devices if you're in to "true immersive VR" where you have full body and eye tracking for stuff like VR Chat.

Top Bottom