• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider: The Legend of Lara Croft Anime Coming in 2024

Saber

Gold Member
Not a fan of the art that looks from the same borish League of Justice recent animations. Only time will tell if this gonna end up interesting.

violence

My hero.

Cd project red opened a brand new studio after the anime sells boost. Square may wish they never sold off the IP?

Last edited:

Forsythia

So in this she turns from whiny Lara to actual Tomb Raider Lara which we were promised at the end of the reboot?

Why does she look like Rambo? Seriously who did this art it sucks. She looks like an old Italian or Greek woman with a scowl. She doesn't look right at all, skin is wrong, chest (from what we can see) not right, all out of sync. I also don't ever remember her looking mean. Is this a "powerful woman roar -muh feminism" production?

oTOQbR9.png

Last edited:
I wonder if this gives us a clue for the direction of the next Tomb Raider.
I look forward to watching this series. Hope it’s fun. 👍🏻

Looks like hot Netflix garbage. Was hoping it would take after the older games and movies, not the modern bland flat reboots.
The reboots are better than this. At least in those Lara still looks like a Brit and not some greek/Italian lady with thick lips and dark complexion. She was feminine in the reboots. Sure not big bust but she was younger. Some people didn't like that as she was making noises and wasn't such a bad ass, but I thought it was ok.

This just looks like what if lara was a bad ass girl boss who don't take no shit and is mean. They transposed stalone with the bow to her. At least that is what I get from this short clip.
Maybe I'm wrong and we will be surprised, but seeing as how netfilx is with the bait and switch (see killing of he-man) and current day propaganda, yeah i have little faith here.

Fbh

I like the gameplay but hate the plot and characters of the new Tomb Raider.
So a show that's just the plot and characters sounds terrible.

My hero.

Cd project red opened a brand new studio after the anime sells boost. Square may wish they never sold off the IP.

Eh, doubt it.
Edge Runner (Arcane also) worked because it was pretty good beyond just the IP.

This looks like one of these filler Netflix shows like Dragons Dogma and Tekken.

Saber

Gold Member
Why does she look like Rambo? Seriously who did this art it sucks. She looks like an old Italian or Greek woman with a scowl. She doesn't look right at all, skin is wrong, chest (from what we can see) not right, all out of sync. I also don't ever remember her looking mean. Is this a "powerful woman roar -muh feminism" production?

oTOQbR9.png

Also I dunno about you, but she looks kinda old somehow? Probably intentional judging the name of the series.

brian0057

Banned
Once again, Phil Bourassa's influence over animation has tainted another show.
Can some get Genndy Tartakovsky or Bruce Timm instead? I'm sick and tired of his style, even if it's just someone inspired by it.

It also doesn't help that it's nu Lara instead of the classic. Crystal Dynamics has a lot to answer for.

Last edited:

violence

Once again, Phil Bourassa's influence over animation has tainted another show.
Can some get Genndy Tartakovsky or Bruce Timm instead? I'm sick and tired of his style, even if it's just someone inspired by it.

It also doesn't help that it's nu Lara instead of the classic. Crystal Dynamics has a lot to answer for.
I agree, Indiana Jones Lara > Rambo Lara. (At least for this.)

Last edited:

nowhat

I think we need another thread - which popular game franchise is not getting a Netflix anime adaptation?

SaintALia

Ah, was slightly excited for a bit, then I just figured, "oh God, they're probably gonna use that bog standard Western anime style aren't they?" And yup, they sure did. Maybe the story will be good, but eh, I never really played Tomb Raider games for story, but who knows.

Also I dunno about you, but she looks kinda old somehow? Probably intentional judging the name of the series.
Oh wow, i guess i missed that, is this some old lara thing. Still she doesn't look right, but I guess if she is supposed to be old then it could make some sense.

Top Bottom