• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows You've Watched Lately |OT| - 2021

Fbh

Stranger Things Season 4.
Pretty solid so far, probably my favorite one since S1 and the production values are pretty nice.

Glitch.
Watching this occasionally with my sister on the weekends. It's nothing special but it's a fun enough mystery box show and I find it funny the bad guys are Pharma branch of Neogaf

ob3Kyds.jpg

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Wife and I started watching the o.c. The other day now that it is on prime. It’s still as goofy and fun as it was 20 years ago.

Kssio_Aug

Finished Mandalorian today, fantastic show, super entertaining!

Started The Book of Boba Fett, just 2 episodes so far. Heard bad things about it, but so far I'm enjoying it although not as much as Mandalorian.

Hugare

I'm on a quest to discover what anime is and whether there's any good anime out there. I've experienced a lot of misses but this one was a hit for me...

It's basically a more ambitious, more mature take on Karate Kid...but with Ping Pong.

Ping Pong is my favorite anime of all time

I listen to the soundtrack daily while working

Love how simplistic, realistic and heartfelt it is.

There's at least some character that you can relate on a personal level somehow.

Its director, Massaki Yuasa, is brilliant, and I highly recomend everything he makes.

On topic: I've recently finished Obi-Wan (meh) and I'm watching Them (entertaining) right now

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I don't think people count it as anime, but Arcane on Netflix was surprisingly good.
I noped out after 2 badass danger hairs + 2 effeminate boys run into a gang of 5 evil white kids.

I'm sure it's relatively well done, but I can't stand that stuff.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
A decade late and fives years past its final episode, I binged season one of Longmire. It takes several episodes to really get going, to flesh out all of the supporting characters and find its footing. But once it gets going it's really good. I love cop mystery shows and this is one of the best.

It's funny though - it takes place in a fictional little rural town in Wyoming that rests right along the border of Yellowstone, and yet some of the most wild events seem to occur there weekly.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Yeeeeeeah! A couple more episodes of Stranger Things today. The show is so good, I can see why they did this.
i've only watched episode 8. will watch the last episode later. seems like someone is going to die... i'm trying to avoid spoilers until i watch it later tonight :messenger_tears_of_joy:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I just started Severance on Apple TV+. Finally, another promising show on this streaming service. So far so good. Aside from this, Mythic Quest, and Ted Lasso, I've found their content to be depressingly boring, miscast, and overly dramatic schlock. I am just glad I am not paying for it :)

I just started Severance on Apple TV+. Finally, another promising show on this streaming service. So far so good. Aside from this, Mythic Quest, and Ted Lasso, I've found their content to be depressingly boring, miscast, and overly dramatic schlock. I am just glad I am not paying for it :)
I have to check out that show. You should check out Servant next on Apple TV+

mortal

Gold Member
MV5BOThjMjc4NDUtNmIyOC00MzhmLWIxNjQtMDlkOTlmNzA0NDJlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg

Severance is one the best shows I've watched in recent memory. Fascinating premise, great writing + directing, cinematography, and a solid cast.
Didn't realize Ben Stiller was this good of a director, especially with something this highbrow.

It's only one season as of this post, and I believe it has been renewed for a second season. Highly recommended, and go in blind if you can.

clarky

Gold Member
MV5BOThjMjc4NDUtNmIyOC00MzhmLWIxNjQtMDlkOTlmNzA0NDJlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg

Severance is one the best shows I've watched in recent memory. Fascinating premise, great writing + directing, cinematography, and a solid cast.
Didn't realize Ben Stiller was this good of a director, especially with something this highbrow.

It's only one season as of this post, and I believe it has been renewed for a second season. Highly recommended, and go in blind if you can.
100% this. The last few episodes are some of the best TV i've ever had the pleasure of watching. Sublime stuff.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

images

I just finished 8 seasons in about a month (give or take). What a fantastic show, alive with so many guest stars like Snoop Dog, Carrie Fisher, Alannis Morrisette, Bob Odenkirk, Mary-Kate Olsen, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and a ton of others.

I’m going to miss the Botwins, it was a good run.

Finished Season 4 of Stranger Things, I really liked it. Not perfect by any means but thought it was one of the most consistent ones since S1. I really liked all the Nightmare on Elm Street influences, and Vecna was a very cool villain

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

i watched the first episode and it seems interesting. once my amazon expires tomorrow i'll get a free trial of Apple and watch the rest of this. There's a few other things on apple TV i want to watch.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
uTQDHej.jpg

Can confirm - it's good. Real good.

Aside from the over the top amount of yelling and them pretending like a sandwich shop is difficult to run (I worked in two in college, every role, it's really not that hard), it's the most accurate depiction of a kitchen I've seen on US television (I think Whites from the UK has it beat in that department).

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
A decade late and fives years past its final episode, I binged season one of Longmire. It takes several episodes to really get going, to flesh out all of the supporting characters and find its footing. But once it gets going it's really good. I love cop mystery shows and this is one of the best.

It's funny though - it takes place in a fictional little rural town in Wyoming that rests right along the border of Yellowstone, and yet some of the most wild events seem to occur there weekly.
If you like Longmire, I suggest Hell on Wheels or Justified next.

Both are great long slow burns like Longmire.

I've been going back and watching old procedural lately. (Hill Street Blues and St Elsewhere in particular) it's amazing to see topics covered in those shows that are still relevant today.

I've also been trying to find more obscure stuff from the time period like Picket Fences and other shows I thought were boring as a kid.

It's funny to see them addressing "woke" topics 30+ years ago, as well as seeing other topics eradicated that would be woke today, had they not been addressed.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
If you like Longmire, I suggest Hell on Wheels or Justified next.

Both are great long slow burns like Longmire.

I've been going back and watching old procedural lately. (Hill Street Blues and St Elsewhere in particular) it's amazing to see topics covered in those shows that are still relevant today.

I've also been trying to find more obscure stuff from the time period like Picket Fences and other shows I thought were boring as a kid.

It's funny to see them addressing "woke" topics 30+ years ago, as well as seeing other topics eradicated that would be woke today, had they not been addressed.

Just did a quick examination of Hell' and Justified, and I think I'll go with Justified. Thanks for the suggestion. Show has several actors I am very fond of (particularly Walton Goggins).

GymWolf

I'm on a quest to discover what anime is and whether there's any good anime out there. I've experienced a lot of misses but this one was a hit for me...

It's basically a more ambitious, more mature take on Karate Kid...but with Ping Pong.

Shit was super good.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
uTQDHej.jpg

Can confirm - it's good. Real good.

Aside from the over the top amount of yelling and them pretending like a sandwich shop is difficult to run (I worked in two in college, every role, it's really not that hard), it's the most accurate depiction of a kitchen I've seen on US television (I think Whites from the UK has it beat in that department).
Yea because of the reasons you mentioned I couldn't get past episode 1

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Give Terminal List a chance really good show automatically reminds me of Bourne and Treadstone.
I really enjoyed it all the way till the very last couple of scenes which really pissed me off.
*major spoiler*
The last name being Ben meant that the entire fucking season of them tracking down these guys was undercut because one of the team pretty much knew the whole time but only gave up the info as the others figured it out. Was a really shitty way to end the show

Roni

Gold Member
Chris%2520Browning%2520as%2520Holden%2C%2520Ben%2520Barnes%2520as%2520Logan%2520and%2520Jimmi%2520Simpson%2520as%2520Willi....jpg

I've been watching Season 1 of Westworld. I dunno why I held off on this show for so damn long, but man, what an absolute trip. Was totally engrossed after the first episode. The concept is beyond awesome.

Very good cast list too. I keep seeing actors pop up and I'm like "Hey, it's that guy!"
Been watching season 4 and mid season they're making good on a line thrown around at the beginning of season 2. Some showrunners are just on another level...

Top Bottom