• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US: Gamestop giving $50 extra trade credit for PS4, Xbox One, Wii U

ngower

I was told on the phone today that it will be 24-48 hours before they're done freeing my NNID from a 3DS I had for about a month in late 2013. This is insane. my n3ds is a brick :\

Yup. It took about five days overall to get everything but, to be fair, there was a bunch of shit to transfer over. Nintendo customer support have always been amazing to me so I am not one to bitch them out on that end. It's inconvenient, but they bow down left and right for you.

bakeray

good working condition right? trying to dump this xbone with a broken disc drive, if it wasn't such a pain in the ass to replace the drive itself, i'd just do that.

TheFatMan

Sold my Wii U and 3 games for over 260 dollars today.

Not bad as I bought it used from a friend for 150 last year haha. Picked up Pokemon Sun and Moon and paid off Tales of Berseria and put a side down payment for a Switch.

Not a bad trade off.

Persona7

Banned
good working condition right? trying to dump this xbone with a broken disc drive, if it wasn't such a pain in the ass to replace the drive itself, i'd just do that.

Call and ask if they take systems with that issue. I know in the past they took systems that worked but had a minor issue such as that and just issued the refurb fee.

Zesh

Decided to trade in my PS4 for $175 and pick up the Pro. Thanks for the heads-up on this; was looking to get a Pro for a while.

Megatron

I traded mine today and they never tested the cd drive. My drive was going, I think, it would always work, but sometimes I had to eject the disk a few times.

However I think the extra $50 ended today.

Perineum

Did this, and the difference in FF15 on normal PS4 and Pro was immediately apparent to me.

The 4K made the game smoother, almost looks like it has better frame rate?, and just overall details are more crisp.

Worthy every penny!

Jayne

So I sold my PS4 to them for $175 in credit last night at about 9:30pm. They have the slim model up for $249 right now, with uncharted and 1 year of PS plus. Gonna go back in when they open up today and pick one up. Basically will be getting the Slim console, Uncharted 4 and a year of PS Plus for $75. Not usually a fan of GameStop but this was a decent deal.

So I sold my PS4 to them for $175 in credit last night at about 9:30pm. They have the slim model up for $249 right now, with uncharted and 1 year of PS plus. Gonna go back in when they open up today and pick one up. Basically will be getting the Slim console, Uncharted 4 and a year of PS Plus for $75. Not usually a fan of GameStop but this was a decent deal.

Im tempted to get the Slim over the Pro but not having an optical port kills it for me.

Jayne

Im tempted to get the Slim over the Pro but not having an optical port kills it for me.

Yea, that was a bit disappointing to realize. Had my regular PS4 for about a year and never used the optical port so I guess I can live without it. Still makes me a bit sad looking at sound bars and headsets that would have used it :[

That said, the slim is a rather looking handsome system. :p

Sulik2

$175 on a Wii U trade on a refurb unit I bought for $200 two years ago is a really good deal. Got $180 for my 1TB Xbone as well. These are basically better then ebay prices with no fees. Bought gifts cards to stuff like subway and the movies and kept a bunch of credit in case the Switch actually ends up being decent.

Psykoboy2

Took in my PS4, and my 1TB Xbox One and walked out with a PS4 Pro.

Over the holiday I had grabbed a 1TB Xbox One S for $250 on some bizarre Amazon deal. So now I've got all the updated systems.

Onward now to a 4K TV at some point.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Is this still going on for the wii u? What do i have to return besides the controller and power cords? I guess the sensor as well. But no hdmi cable right?

Also it's a pain to delete users from this fucking console.

Wow... I've had my 65" JS8500 TV since February of this year. Looking at the PS4 Pro's settings, I couldn't figure out why it said my TV didn't support HDR. Turns out, I didn't know that I had to manually enable HDR on each of my TVs HDMI ports. The difference with Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us is pretty big. All this time... I'll have to go back and revisit all that HDR content I thought I was getting.

Gamestop $50 extra credit bonus is BACK on just ps4 or xbox one, with an extra caveat now: must be traded TOWARDS a ps4 pro or xbox one S
https://www.gamestop.com/trade#!/consoles

The deal runs through 1/21/17, currently PS4 500GB unit trades in at $125 - so $175 total - and xbox one 500GB base unit trades in at $75 - so $125 total, xbox one 1TB trades in at $110 so $160 total.

$175 is the highest you'd get for a launch ps4, even really on ebay/craigslist/etc after fees and stuff, so if you are itching to go from a ps4 to a ps4 pro this is a pretty decent option, especially if you throw in a bunch of games. Going from a xbox one to S isn't as great a deal. They are also not running any great deals like a free game or whatever with a new console purchase, like their christmas deals.

Gamestop does adjust trade values daily so if they get a rush of PS4's in, they could very well drop the trade in value anytime.

If you are in CA or NV there is a 50% game bonus trade going on as well until 1/8/17 (sunday) so you can toss in stuff like FF15, TLG, WD2, etc for $30-40 each. Other states don't have that promo, they instead are running get cash same as credit. Also if you renewed your PUR Pro membership back in Dec during their PUR Pro promo day you will have a 50% trade coupon in your active offers good until 1/21 but only on games NOT consoles, but obviously there is no way to go back and get this coupon anymore.

kaydigi

Haven't traded in to gamestop in a long time, time to move up to a pro.

Does the controller need to be included nowadays?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Gamestop $50 extra credit bonus is BACK on just ps4 or xbox one, with an extra caveat now: must be traded TOWARDS a ps4 pro or xbox one S

The deal runs through 1/21/17, currently PS4 500GB unit trades in at $125 - so $175 total - and xbox one 500GB base unit trades in at $75 - so $125 total, xbox one 1TB trades in at $110 so $160 total.

$175 is the highest you'd get for a launch ps4, even really on ebay/craigslist/etc after fees and stuff, so if you are itching to go from a ps4 to a ps4 pro this is a pretty decent option, especially if you throw in a bunch of games. Going from a xbox one to S isn't as great a deal. They are also not running any great deals like a free game or whatever with a new console purchase, like their christmas deals.

Gamestop does adjust trade values daily so if they get a rush of PS4's in, they could very well drop the trade in value anytime.

If you are in CA or NV there is a 50% game bonus trade going on as well until 1/8/17 (sunday) so you can toss in stuff like FF15, TLG, WD2, etc for $30-40 each. Other states don't have that promo, they instead are running get cash same as credit. Also if you renewed your PUR Pro membership back in Dec during their PUR Pro promo day you will have a 50% trade coupon in your active offers good until 1/21 but only on games NOT consoles, but obviously there is no way to go back and get this coupon anymore.

lol $125 for my $500 console. So ridiculous.

Damn!! I missed the 1st promotion, and wanted to trade in my WiiU :( :(

I did as well but then my wife looked on ebay and apparently used Wii Us are going for $250+ on ebay. I sold mine for $250 including shipping. And after ebay and paypal took their cut i got a little over $200.

Yes you need to trade in the console, controller, HDMI cable, power cable, and controller charge cable. Don't need to trade in the little cheap earbuds/mic that came with it.

Also just for times sake I'd first DEACTIVATE the system (its under PSN settings I think) then reinitialize it after backing up stuff (if you so choose), then finally go through setup once and just leave it as User1, don't obviously relogin with your own PSN account. Gamestop will usually hook up the system and put a disc in to make sure it starts so going through the resetup steps (choose language, etc) the faster you can be out of the store.

Can you ask for cash and the deal will still apply? I really don't want $175 in GameStop credit.

No, the promo clearly states the extra $50 is only if you trade towards a ps4 pro or xbox one S. You could just do the trade and get cash, but you'll only get $125 for a ps4. I think if you try to buy a new ps4 pro and then return it you'll only get store credit, so wouldn't try that either.

Pretty solid trade deal if you're looking to upgrade to a Pro or One S. Bummer that the Wii-U is no longer included. I'm glad I traded mine while the offer still applied!

Yep yep! You'll need the console, controller, and all the cords that come with it. They'll take a trade without some things, but in those cases they generally pull a "used" controller off the shelf and take the price out of your trade credit. Not fucking worth it at all.

ElNino

lol $125 for my $500 console. So ridiculous.
Well, they need to be able to sell your console so you obviously won't get what you paid for it. That being said, when I did the deal back when the PS4 Pro launched I got ~$290 for my PS4 OG (when factoring in taxes saved on the Pro) from EB so I think I did okay.

MrMephistoX

Beware the refrub fee though. Hairline scratches on the glossy parts and they tried to deduct $40.

Seems like they removed this from the site I dont see it posted in trade values

Would like to take part in the extra 50 bucks for the PS4 trade in but I already own a PS4 PRO, I want to trade mine in to get the Switch so hopefully gamestop will change the requirements for trade in and I will bring it in..175 for the original PS4 Id be happy with

kaydigi

Yeah, and the charge cord to the controller.

Was there ever a point when you could trade in a console without a controller?

On CAG there was a thread where they didn't have to include the XB1 controller to get full credit, I couldn't remember the store the thread was for.

Yeah, deal isn't live on their site anymore. Anyone have a direct link, or did GS jump the gun? What happened? Was just telling my friend about the deal...

Can you trade in the OG Xbox w/o the Kinect?

I'm thinking of getting the S but would like to keep the Kinect and just get the adaptor from MS.

Can you trade in the OG Xbox w/o the Kinect?

I'm thinking of getting the S but would like to keep the Kinect and just get the adaptor from MS.

Yes, they don't require the kinect when you trade in an xbox one. You'll only get $75 though, with or without kinect.

The promo isn't up on the gamestop trade promo page so I don't think its around anymore.

The Wii (old one, not Wii U) is trading in currently for $50 though, which is pretty good I think.

Just a heads up--this offer is back, ending on 2/12. It's valid for PS4 and Xbone and you don't have to trade it towards the Switch. The base for PS4 is still $125 so you get $175 total, same as in December. OG Xbone is $150 after the bonus.

Hey sorry to dig up this threads grave but:

My gf and I took advantage of the trade in deal and handed in our OG launch PS4 and got a new Slim PS4 COD:IW bundle. Also had a $50 GC so it was like $75 outta pocket, not too bad.

Here's the thing, got an email saying Pro Day is Saturday the 11th and the Slim PS4's are marked down to $250...I think you know where this is going..

Is there any shot in hell i can go there on Saturday or if anyone just knows if they will Price gaurantee/match something I just bought 2 days ago if i have my receipt.

PS- its already opened and been playing on it.

Pretty slim chance but worth a shot. I have a question of my own: Does the extra 20% on trade-ins apply to consoles? Can I get $200 in total for my PS4 ($125 + $25 + $50 GC)?

Traded in my PS4 and XBOX ONE last week got 150 and 175 so I have PLENTY of credit to use on a future purchase(Scorpio or maybe Switch depending if they get more stock)

reKon

Banned
Are all stores doing this? Or does the store have to have the $50 credit thing listed under special offers?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Do you need to give them the original box that it came in or just the console, cords, and earbud?

They don't need the original box. But be sure you don't forget the small controller charging cable.

They wouldn't take my PS4 without one.
I didn't give them the earbud and they didn't ask for it.

Don't forget to grab the free $39.99 used game of your choice if you are upgrading to a used/refurbished PS4 Pro.

reKon

Banned
Are all stores doing this? Or does the store have to have the $50 credit thing listed under special offers?

Please advise. I'll need to start preparing my PS4 if I need to do this by 2/12 cause I'm not home much due to work.

Top Bottom