• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vib Ribbon launches in North America as a PSone Classic tomorrow (EU next week)

Mknzy

I've got a JPN version that I still play from time to time, I'll pick this up for sure just to make things simpler. Excited that they are doing this!

Mr-Joker

Banned
Ignoring the Sony arrogant from the blog post, can someone explain what makes this game so interesting, is it the fact you can burn your own CD and use it for the game soundtrack?

Xenogears_box.jpg

;_;

That I can understand not being on the European PSN due to Square Enix being stupid but why in god name is Legend of Dragoon, a Sony developed and published game, not on the European PSN?

Camjo-Z

rdh54.gif
rdh54.gif
rdh54.gif

It's not PaRappa, but I'll take it anyway! I wonder if the thing about PS4 means they're working on getting PS1 Classics in general on the system or if they're just doing something special for Vib-Ribbon.

Honestly. I thought all hope for this game to come to N. America was lost a long time ago.

Mr. Layden, your 'he's ok in my book' points just went up by about 100.

Honestly. I thought all hope for this game to come to N. America was lost a long time ago.

Mr. Layden, your 'he's ok in my book' points just went up by about 100.

Now we know that if he strides onto the stage at the next year's E3 and warbles on about Parappa the Rapper without actually announcing anything, it can still be a good thing! Eventually.

TxdoHawk

Ok, why should I be excited about this? I don't know anything about this game.

It's a neat rhythm game by the makers of Parappa that was novel at the time for letting you use your own music. Personally, I don't think it has aged that well.

If this leads to a new Parappa game though, I'm all about it.

dukeoflegs

Hmm
I think I will wait for the PS4 version, but the PS3 version you can put your own CDs in (Yes I still have CDS)... that is a tough call.

Ok, why should I be excited about this? I don't know anything about this game.
I just remember reading article after article about Vib Ribbon in game magazines and how quirky and fun it was, only to find out months later that Sony wasn't bringing it to the states. A lot of us have had blue balls for quite awhile now.

Relief is coming!

rjc571

Banned
How's this going to work with the PAL version being 50hz only, will the PSN version be forced to run at 50 hz in North America? Or will they patch it to support 60 hz?

Ignoring the Sony arrogant from the blog post, can someone explain what makes this game so interesting, is it the fact you can burn your own CD and use it for the game soundtrack?

That I can understand not being on the European PSN due to Square Enix being stupid but why in god name is Legend of Dragoon, a Sony developed and published game, not on the European PSN?

What?

I don't get it.

sn00zer

Ill give it to Sony for sometimes having a clever sense of humor...

Quote from the article
As a result of the “outpouring of love” at the E3 name drops

Actual image from the article
15409419046_19941aaa12_z.jpg

Curious. Will buy and play. Probably be disappointing like every game I played late on a re-release that is deemed an underrated classic.

Jet Set Radio
Okami
Another World
Rayman 2
Ducktails
Nights into Dreams

I probably just needed to be there at that time.

Hugstable

Banned
I've never actually heard of this game til now that's crazy. This game released on PS1 in NA back in the day? I wonder why I never heard of it.

Speaking of PS1 classics, I assume we still haven't heard anything about Suikoden 2 ever getting a PSN release? 3 would also be awesome now that there is PS2 classics.

Top Bottom