• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vox Review: Netflix & Marvel’s Iron Fist is an ill-conceived, poorly written disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very bad, specially the dialogs but everything else is bad too really, but in no way it's worse than Flash, Arrow or Supergirl.

SDCowboy

I'm personally enjoying Iron Fist but it's definitely rough. Hope they do better for Season 2.

Do we know if there is going to be a season 2? This seems like a really easy cancel to me.

If there is a season 2, I hope it gets a full overhaul.

The show does this thing all the time where in one scene Danny schools like 12 dudes like it ain't no thing, and then in the next fight scene he's struggling against 1 dude who isn't even trained in martial arts because the plot demands that Danny be distracted for a couple minutes while something bad happens.

Because the show really, really doesn't know how to create drama and tension.
Not to this degree, but that did happened a lot in Jessica Jones too, one of the reasons that the show felt super weak compared to DD S1.

I'll be watching it this week, but maybe Iron Fist would be best utilized on a team show and didn't need his own series. Although to be honest, I didn't think Luke Cage or Jessica Jones were interesting enough to have their own shows either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom