• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Announces the LEGO Harry Potter Collection for PS4

Ugh that cover

Almost as bad as this

HV8ux7g.jpg

fernoca

On one hand, is great.

On the other hand, like last year they seem sabotage their Dimensions releases. This year they're also releasing Harry Potter stuff for Dimensions.

I imagine it's not coming to X1 because the 360 games are going to be BC - kind of like how last gen things like Bully came to 360 but not PS3.

oti

Banned
Remastered LEGO games? Star Wars, City Undercover and Batman 2 when?

Remastered as in "it's the PC version" I'm sure.

Love me some HP but I bought both games for next to nothing (I think maybe 2€ each) for PC so I'm good.

MAKE A NEW HARRY POTTER GAME GOD DAMNIT

The Lego/Sony deal is getting increasingly annoying. :\ I've been playing these things on Xbox and Nintendo for like a decade and now the last two games have had Sony exclusive missions and characters (which were supposed to be timed, but now it seems the Avengers stuff may never come to other consoles, which doesn't bode well for Lego Force Awakens) and now a whole release (minor as it is) is PlayStation only? :\

Remastered LEGO games? Star Wars, City Undercover and Batman 2 when?

I mean, technically Star Wars got remastered already.

MAKE A NEW HARRY POTTER GAME GOD DAMNIT

Well, Fantastic Beasts is getting a hefty Lego Dimensions expansion. Full movie, 5 levels, and an explorable hub world. Harry Potter in general is also getting a Dimensions hub.

For those suggesting Lego City Undercover be ported, remember who published it...

They didn't just put their name on it either, they directly worked on it, including Iwata himself.

It was pretty much Nintendos closest game to GTA which obviously wasn't coming and it worked out fine for me, my daughter saw someone playing GTA wandering about (no doing anything adult orientated) and asked could she play, I told her no but Lego City was fine and she loves it, it's just the same to her, open world, get in cars and do missions etc.

oti

Banned
The Lego/Sony deal is getting increasingly annoying. : I've been playing these things on Xbox and Nintendo for like a decade and now the last two games have had Sony exclusive missions and characters (which were supposed to be timed, but now it seems the Avengers stuff may never come to other consoles, which doesn't bode well for Lego Force Awakens) and now a whole release (minor as it is) is PlayStation only? :

I mean, technically Star Wars got remastered already.

Well, Fantastic Beasts is getting a hefty Lego Dimensions expansion. Full movie, 5 levels, and an explorable hub world. Harry Potter in general is also getting a Dimensions hub.

Are you saying I need to buy Lego Dimensions? Cause I think you're saying I need to buy Lego Dimensions. Now I kinda want to buy Lego Dimensions.

JP

Strange that it's PS4 only, has that been confirmed yet? I wonder of there will be a PS4 bundle in time for the new film this Christmas, that could be a good pickup for families getting their first PS4 with the new lower price.

EPaul

So now they are going to remaster the last gen lego games and games like Motorstorm PR and Wipeout HD get ignored

DonShula

Will be weird to play these again, given all the tweaks to Lego games over the years. Back in the day you got two characters on screen and a small number of collectibles. Wonder how well that holds up.

So now they are going to remaster the last gen lego games and games like Motorstorm PR and Wipeout HD get ignored

Yeah WB, why aren't you remastering Sony's games too?

I haven't played a LEGO game for YEARS but I'm kinda interested in this for some reason. I might pick it up if I'm still interested once it comes out.

Eggbok

5 mins in photoshop, WB/TT wyd? It's rough but much better than what they're doing lol.

Either way still excited for this, I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the Lego Harry Potter games!

5 mins in photoshop, WB/TT wyd? It's rough but much better than what they're doing lol.

Either way still excited for this, I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the Lego Harry Potter games!

WB Games should hire you. I am sorely tempted to get this printed and use this as the cover instead.

WITHE1982

Yes!! My wife will be absolutely made up by this.

Now just give me Lego Lord Of the Rings, Indiana Jones and Star Wars.

Edit: Just remembered she played through both of these to 100% only 2 weeks ago. Talk about bad timing.

Plum

That cover reminds me of this:

Publishers must think that people won't know what "Collection" or "Complete" means if it isn't accompanied by obnoxious copies of the original game's covers.

Publishers must think that people won't know what "Collection" or "Complete" means if it isn't accompanied by obnoxious copies of the original game's covers.

Covers aren't designed like this for the core gaming audience. This is for mom or grandma looking for a Christmas present at Target or Walmart.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Years 1-4 had some issues running in modern systems last time I checked, mostly random crashes (which is pretty annoying considering it's one of the last lego games without mid-level checkpoints), but 48000Hz sampling quality seemed to fix it.

The PC Gaming Wiki makes no special mentions, but PC gaming being, well, PC gaming, I'm sure you're not alone.

BDrummer1606

Neo Member
Bought this digitally, hopefully it's pretty good graphically! Two of my favorite Lego games, can't wait to get home and try it out.

BigEmil

Anyone got impressions of the remaster visuals and performance any notable improvements over the last gen version?

BDrummer1606

Neo Member
Anyone got impressions of the remaster visuals and performance any notable improvements over the last gen version?

I've only played about 10 minutes, but it looks pretty good. Pretty sharp and it looks like it runs at a pretty steady 60fps. Can't fully conclude anything, but seems like a pretty good port!

Putty

Very happy for my good friends at D11...Theyre a fabulous developer to work for, i didnt do anything on this mind 8)

Raven77

Just a reminder to people, Target is going there buy 2 get one free I think next weekend. This could be a good option for people to combine with two other games.

Top Bottom