• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs Legion Xbox Series X vs RTX 3080 Ray Tracing 4K Early Graphics Comparison

"Barely 2080Ti level" for a new gen console in 2020, with a 3.8 GHz Zen 2 CPU + a 12TFLOPS RDNA 2 GPU + 1TB NVME M.2 SSD + 16 GB GDDR6 RAM + Motherboard + 4K Blu-Ray drive + PSU + Input device + Case + OS + HDMi 2.1 cable, all those for a $500 MSRP, is actually insane value, OP.

Also, I don't think you understand the cost of RT, or how much of a giant leap it is over traditional rasterization in the world of 3D graphics.

Edit: forgot RAM and 4K Blu-Ray drive

Last edited:
You're getting Raytracing in an all in one gaming box for £450, you can't complain about it not being as good as a £750 graphics card.
Pretty much this.

Anyway, the game still looks nice on Series X. I honestly don't care for Ubisoft games and it certainly looks as if this game will only be remembered for its sWeEt raY-TraCiNG!

Aidah

It was obviously going to be completely outclassed by a 3080, and outclassed by 3070 and 2080ti.

The fact that these consoles have a significant amount of RT capability by itself is cause for celebration. It's a $500 console, you shouldn't be expecting miracles.

Last edited:
I mean, it's expected.

TBH, a few months ago I didn't even think these consoles would run Ray Tracing at all, so I'm happy they do 🤷‍♂️

Hawk269

What a sensationlist thread title. Shitty title OP. Barely 2080ti...um that is a complement. It is a $500 console and it is almost at 2080ti levels is a god send. OP needs to get a clue!

"Volkswagen Polo gets demolished in new head to head comparison with Audi R8"

tenor.gif

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Looks really good considering, not even sure the quality of the trailer they were using vs a direct feed on the PC too. Plus an older build?
If it can do that already, I think we will all be happy. Anything near a 2080 is a huge achievement really for a $500 box.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Man I googled the 3080 like a week ago and couldn't find a listing under like $1500 so I assumed it was the one that launched at that price but it's just aftermarket assholes lol

If Series X was 2560x1440 AND 60 fps instead of 30 not many would complain. Now ~twice lower rez ~twice lower framerate and lowered RT settings. Not looking too impressive.

They don't look that different...
That’s the thing with comparisons. You rarely notice the differences motion. Nobody would notice the differences in digital foundry videos without the 400/800% zooms.

It’s exactly the way I expect PS5 vs XSX comparisons will be, as they were with Pro vs X.

Last edited:

clintar

I like the idea of ray tracing, but watching this just makes me think I would rather have skipped it this gen. I mean I don't really see the difference in this video that much in motion.

Mahavastu

TBH I am very pleased with the result of the Series X
Don't forget that the 3080 is most likely running with DLSS and is rendering a lower resolution too.

Codes 208

Well no fucking shit the 3080 was going to outperform the XSX.

that said, we’re coming into this gen with consoles closer to the high end spectrum whereas compared to this gen launching consoles that barely hit mid range (especially the xbox one hitting lower-mid range.)

Many people in this thread say 'no shit', but c'mon, we know there are plenty of people on this forum that would be surprised by this. Unfortunately.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Give it some time, magical cloud will save Xbox again, just like it saved xbone!

Seriously though, what's the point of comparing consoles and PC?

Modern consoles are basically weaker mass produced PC's with fixed configs.
Days of Cell and emotion engine are long gone.

More expensive PC will always be superior...

Top Bottom