• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WD SN850 2TB or Firecuda 530 1TB

Cyborg

Guys

I have a chance to score a WD SN850 2TB for € 291 or Firecuda 530 1TB for € 222.

Firecuda 530 seems to be a lot quicker on Write speed but its only 1TB. What would you guys recommend?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Buigger is better. Surprised you even needed to ask this. WD one is fine.

Really just get the cheapest M.2 that meets the PS5 spec. It's not like games are ultra critical data anyway.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I’m surprise you have that doubt.

For these prices 2TB is a non brain.
There is also far cheaper options than the WD. Get whichever is cheapest that meets the spec. Im sure there will be some good BF sales that will make me regret spending $300 on my TeamGroup 2TB.

WHy is the 2TB 530 not an option ? Price ? If its for the PS5 go for the 850 if its for a PC go for the 530.

Reliability is more important on the PC sidefor the OS and stored data. Currently Sony does not allow the OS to be stored on the added drive. but the saves are stored on the web so if the drive fails all you beed to do is redownload.

If sonly ever allows the OS to be run from the drive I would go with a 530

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
WD SN850 is solid drive, also there is hardly anything which utilizes this speed. Unless you have some bulky ass CPU.

Topher

Gold Member
I'll never buy Seagate after all their years of shoddy HDDs. SSDs might be different but they are still not getting my money.

Western Digital has always been reliable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom