• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think NeoGAF's demographics are? [Results!]

I think there's more females here than most expect, maybe 80/20 m/f?
Average age probably around 32. Higher than that, actually, looking at the comments in the thread about the first games we remember playing.

Guilty_AI

I think there's more females here than most expect, maybe 80/20 m/f?
There could be, but how frequently do they comment? I think i only met one or two persons here who explicitly said they were women, and they didn't post a lot of comments.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’d say somewhere in the 30’s because I’ve seen guys approaching their 30’s and then guys older than 30. Upper 30’s statistically. Generally Male. I think that’s wherever you go though. Not to say there isn’t a large female presence, but it becomes pretty niche when it does. My wife is the only female I know who plays a game from start to finish. She made a comment to me about it once.

The age thing, in all honestly is awesome, given how ageism sucks and how LiaB. That discussion has already been had. Lord knows we don’t need to see countless threads about age again. Remember that?

Between 24 and 34
95% men 0,1% are men are older that 45 and 4,9% woman
And the many alts and console warriors coming back again and again are between 15 and 20
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
75% men
10% women
15% something else (I guess aliens based on the news in the last two weeks)

<10% are ages 10 to 15
30% ages 16 to 25
50% ages 26 - 34
the rest - (old like me) 35 to 55

So the majority of gen z and the younger millennials are mostly on tiktok, discord, youtube and reddit so the average age for boards like GAF and Reeeeeeeeeeeee must be somewhere around 35+ for sure!

Of the dozens of posters I've seen who claim to be female, I've believed two. One was banned within a week and the other is great and I don't want to put her on blast.

Median age of 38.

Soodanim

Average age: 35
89% Male, 11% Female
So nearly a one and done thread, I'm confident this is close enough to the truth.

With the strong 16bit era love, that's beyond just people who were buying their own consoles at that time. It's people whose childhoods were defined by that era. Outside of that, the oldest are balanced by the youngest.

_Ex_

What do you think the average age of NeoGAF users is?

Averaged out I'll say 38.

What do you think the male:female ratio is? (e.g. x% male : y% female)

In actual reality 90% male 10% female.

NickFire

This forum has been around a long time and some accounts are really old. But how often do "older" people join an enthusiast place like this as opposed to hanging around a long time. :pie_thinking:

My guess is we have a lot of older posters, but the new ones are probably averaging under 30. I'm guessing average age of 33.

As for male / female ration, I'm guessing 92% male. But not going to be shocked if EL reveals something much closer to 67.

Mossybrew

Eh I'd go with average 37, 90% male. Though some of the posts here in gaming make me think the average age is about 20, I think a certain demographic is just more vocal here.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
If this is based on some kind of algorithm, I want to know two things. Split between PS, Xbox, Nintendo and PC fans. And the median age of each fanbase.

Top Bottom