• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think NeoGAF's demographics are? [Results!]

Griffon

I'd say about 40% of AI bots and paid shills (apparently barely paid in shitty coupons or free subs, but it's all the same to me).

The rest are just morons like me who have nothing better to do with their time than getting played by viral marketing gone haywire. Trying to get a modicum of sense of community in this mess.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
-Everyone is going to say a low female percentage.

-The reveal will be that the female percentage is somewhere between 25-50 percent, meaning 1 out of every 4, 3, or 2 posters are women.

-There will be confused posters who are going to wonder if certain other posters were lying all along about being male.
lookaround.gif

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I would figure 90% male and average age of 35. Although I would imagine it's not a normal distribution.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Serious answer:

90% Male
10 % Female

80% White

I'd say Average age is 33. Younger kids don't go on forums anymore.

70% from the US
20% from UK
10% from Other.

Last edited:

Kdad

I think all that proves is that PC gamers are literally dinosaurs.

In all seriousness, this explains how they can all afford $1,600 GPUs. They are using their social security checks every month and can finally dip into their retirement savings.
Social Security checks pays my food bill. My gaming is paid by my OnlyFans.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa
When do we find out the results? And are we talking active users?

Er...Modern neogaf is say 70-80% male. And modern neogaf is definately primarily caucasian, imo obvious due to certain...stances on things lol. Age : 26

Willing to wager im right on that piece.

Last edited:

Kdad

When do we find out the results? And are we talking active users?

Er...Modern neogaf is say 70-80% male. And modern neogaf is definately primarily caucasian, imo obvious due to certain...stances on things lol. Age : 26

Willing to wager im right on that piece.
Did you misspell cuck-Asian?

marjo

70% crypto bros
80% 'libertarian'
90% attempting to compensate for their smaller than average phalli

BlackTron

There would be a huge difference in my guess between actual active posters, and all accounts of all time/lurkers. But oh, screw it.

Average age: 32
Males: 92%

I am willing to bet there are women that visit GAF, but the few that post keep this fact close to their chest (no pun intended) and others just read/lurk.

I also think the average age went down quite a bit with influxes of new members.

Hi everyone. Seeing as most of us are anonymous, it can be hard to feel out the composition of your fellow NeoGAF users. And ultimately it's about the content of your character and validity of your arguments, your love of the hobby and contributions to the medium, and how you treat others in your sphere of influence, not your immutable characteristics. But of course everyone has some intuition as to the people around them, even if over text through a computer screen. So let's test your intuition.

What do you think the average age of NeoGAF users is?

What do you think the male:female ratio is? (e.g. x% male : y% female)

I'll reveal the actual stats at the end. Good luck!

I reckon it's 75% male : 25% female.

The average age is probably around 28. Although it could be skewed lower by the 13yo virgins masquerading as older posters (the way some of these folks post, you know they've never laid with a woman).

I'd also estimate that it's likely around 45% of Gaffers have somewhat eclectic gaming tastes, and the rest are all souls-fans.

Top Bottom