• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Y0ssarian

Banned
Dropped God Hand. Love the game but didn't remember how hard it can get, and since I'm on the mood for something easy and comfy before Elden Ring drops, I've decided to drop it for now and come back at a later date.
I have to grab this game for ps3 off the psn store tomorrow. The price on ebay for physical PS2 copy is minimum $140 AUD

SirTerry-T

Gold Member
I've been on a bit of a Fire Emblem kick...was late coming to Three Houses, which I played and enjoyed about two months ago.
I have since played through FE:Echoes and am currently revisiting (and playing through to completion this time) FE Awakening.
After those, my tactical JRPG itch should be well and truly scratched for a bit and I can get back to playing the pew pew, stabby, stabby, punchy games like a proper big boy.

Zannegan

Gold Member
Haven't had a lot of time lately, but on weekends I will mess around in Arceus while catching up on my reading with audiobooks. It's a good combo. I've also been playing through the Borderlands Legendary Collection with a friend when we both have time.

I'll catch up on your Elden Rings and Dying Lights in July. Le sigh...

GeekyDad

I've been on a bit of a Fire Emblem kick...was late coming to Three Houses, which I played and enjoyed about two months ago.
I have since played through FE:Echoes and am currently revisiting (and playing through to completion this time) FE Awakening.
After those, my tactical JRPG itch should be well and truly scratched for a bit and I can get back to playing the pew pew, stabby, stabby, punchy games like a proper big boy.
There's no eye-roll emoji, so I'll just have to use a gif to react to your post.

PracticalShoddyDouglasfirbarkbeetle-size_restricted.gif

drganon

Gold Member
I'm bouncing between a bunch of stuff as usual. I nearly platinumed va11halla, but the trophy were you have to beat the side scrolling shooter is too tough for me, so I gave up on that. I'm on my third playthrough of nier replicant where I have to get all the weapons in order to unlock ending c. Also got ace combat 7 since it was on sale and I got a free psn card. I'm currently stuck on mission 12. Finally, I also got metal slug 3 with the same gift card. It was fun, but I think the first metal slug is still my favorite. It was better than 2 though.

Patrick S.

Banned
Elden Ring. Tried to stay awake for the midnight launch the other day, but fell asleep half past eleven xD Spent the whole day at work on Friday impatiently waiting to get back home and play, and played till 4 a.m. this morning, and continued playing today after breakfast.

Yeah, I love it! And the difficulty level, or to be precise, the possibility of just going another route when you're stuck, really really suits my lack of gudness in Soulsborne games :)

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Just like everybody else, I'm playing Elden Ring and beat my first main boss, using R2 has become much more important compare to last Souls games.

YeulEmeralda

Linux User
Sakuna. Not really enjoying. Don't care about Japan's retarded religion, not once in my life did I think "wow how is rice farmed" (seriously who gives a shit), and why does every indie game have to a 2D metroidvania?! Started gaming in 1998 on PC I have no love for your 90s console games.

But I'm in the hate playing zone now so I'll finish it.

AmuroChan

Gold Member
25 hours into Horizon. So far really loving it. My only complaint is the slow start in the beginning, but once you get into the open world, the game is fantastic.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Elden Ring looks absolutely stunning on PS5. When I arrived to Liurnia of the Lake my jaw hit the floor by the gorgeous view. The world is so vast, the mechanics so deep and the combat so good I don't even know where to begin. This game is so absorbing it makes my head spin. It's the old saying "just a couple of more minutes" and then suddenly it's bedtime. The bosses are awesome, the vistas magnificent, it has loads of secrets and everything in between. So far it's been a total game changer when it comes to open world. It makes Ubisoft games look like a fucking joke. I've never encountered a game where you have this much freedom. It's giving you a true sense of adventure. Not even Breath of the wild comes close to this. Elden Ring is packed with content and just about everything has been top tier. From Software goes all out here.

It makes Ubisoft games look like a fucking joke.
Like that's a big achievement. Ubisoft has been embarrassing themselves for many years now. Imagine trying to compare them with one of the biggest single releases in the past years... The only sad thing in all of this endeavor is that this is From Software first true open world game and they are killing it. But that's what happens when you truly care for what you are making and is backed up with a solid vision of your end goal and passion to achieve success, not whatever shit Ubisoft is spilling just to appease their investors every fiscal quarter.

Last edited:

Labadal

I'm playing more Iratus: Lord of the Dead.

It's more fun than Darkest Dungeon for me. It doesn't feel as grindy, and the rng hasn't screwed me as much as it did in Darkest Dungeon. I'm opn the third floor, doing well, being an evil overlord.

Kokoro2020

Saints Row: The Third Remastered, which I got at the last PSN sale. Now I remember why I liked the game so much back when I played the original version on the PS3. I can't believe the game is over 10 years old now.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Darkest Dungeon II (a few runs with latest update)
Hero's Hour (kind of fun auto battler)
Total War Warhammer III (was genuinely excited to play, however not feeling it. Probably won't put many hours in until Mortal Empires is out. I didn't play the main campaign much in II either)
Various VR Games (Walkabout Mini Golf, Red Matter, HL Alyx, etc)
FAR Lone Sails (not the new one)

Y0ssarian

Banned
I beat Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and God of War: Chains of Olympus yesterday. I started Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner today and didn't get very far with it. Not a fan.

Corrik

I am playing Halo Infinite right now. I am not sure how I feel about it. I was pumped for it going to an open world setting, but I was expecting something more like the Division than what it seems to be right now. It's fun, I guess, but I feel like I spend a lot of time traveling and not a lot to be found going on often too.

Rippa

Finished up Tormented Souls on PS5. Talk about nostalgia!

Now I’m slowly progressing through Elden Ring. Taking in all the sights and letting the open world organically open itself to me.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Found an awesome weapon in Elden Ring. I'm a big fan of spears, and have used the short spear and the pike to great success. Now I found a spear with a fucking katana duct taped onto the tip of the spear, with a new cool moveset that mixes the spear and katana moveset. What's even more awesome is that you now can freely choose your weapon arts instead of them being locked to a specific weapon, so this beast is gonna be versatile as fuck. I love when you find weapons and gears like this unexpectedly. I fucking love this game so much.

Last edited:

lachesis

Finished RE3 Remake a couple days ago. Played 2 times in back-to-back fashion. I really enjoyed it, although I though Mr. X was so much more scary than Nemesis.
It was a great looking game, and I wish there was at least 1 larger explorable area... but since it's been a while that I played a game that I can start to finish within 1-2 day, it was actually pretty refreshing.

Not sure if I liked the Remake's Jill character compare to other/older versions though. (not how she looked, but her character/personality)
Heard that they'll be adding graphical upgrade for RE7/RE2 Remake/RE3 Remake - so I will be revisiting them later when they are up! Hopefully I'll have completed RE8 by then - but not in particular hurry.

I'm on the Yakuza 7 now. I just started Chapter 4 and still things are being introduced, and seeing how this whole Dragon Quest homage is coming into the whole game itself... and it really makes sense how this turned into an JRPG than action game... and I think it's a good change. The battle system of original were good, but it was getting a bit long in the tooth - and looking forward how this will play out. Nanba's skills are making me laugh - the bird attacks and all! Some mage he is!

MachRc

.........Elden Ring_Jesus_ fuck_christ, i got into Stormveil castle, I think it took two whole fucking days of dying exploring the east and dying some more with some sad_ass_farming..in between.
I think my wife hates me now.

Huge achievement just getting in the fucking castle....watching punk ass youtube streamers....just die all over their streams lol
But being slaughtered inside by knights, throwing daggers help from above....and thats all before spidey-m0n. That fucking knight thing in the closet, and the first jump scare in the hallway before WTF.

Playing 1.5 Cyberpunk, on Ps5 this time, got it on sale on ebay for dat Dual Sense... slowly getting used to FPS shooting on the dual sense, I shoot like an imperial storm trooper currently.
Its is tough to get used to as ive been trained on the xbox controllers..

Went back to playing Sifu, I thought it was difficult at first.. but after Elden Ring..... Sifu is a FUCKING breeze.

Im fucking dreading fighting those easy eagles, throwing knives at the knight and his homie from above the chapel to then head for spider-m0n for the 20 th 25th time.
Ive seen a video of some dude wielding the twin blade before the castle, may just head for that...

Last edited:

Alpha Male

I've been looking forward to this post for awhile but wanted to wait until some of the new games from the last month were out...and I'm pumped to be playing and loving new entries in my favorite GAAS with Battlefield, Halo and Forza Horizon! Also really happy to be playing the sequels to 2 of my all time favorite games Horizon Zero Dawn and Dying Light ---

Series X:

Battlefield 2042
Halo Infinite multiplayer
Forza Horizon 5
Dying Light 2

PS5:

Gran Turismo 7
Horizon Forbidden West
Elden Ring

Last edited:

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

GAF's Resident Saturn Omnibus
This week I bought a lot of Switch games, mostly digital titles like Shovel Knight and every Doom game except Doom Eternal. There are many killer sales on the eshop that are just impossible to pass up. It’s too bad that I’m so late getting to this system, because the software library is pretty overwhelming at this point and it reminds me a little of iOS.

I was playing a little of the new Powerslave Exhuned. It’s great and feels like a perfect update to the 1996 classic. And it’s good to see Sega Saturn given proper respect. I only wish I could play with the older “Goldeneye” controls. My brain has a hard time with dual analog (yes, I know it’s really KBM, but it’s still one of those “pat your head, rub your tummy” things).

My 19mo daughter loves to pop discs into the Sega Saturn and turn the power on and off, so today we played/watched a little NBA Action 98. What an outstanding sports game for 1997 and a perfect start to the holy NBA 2K franchise. NBA Jam TE and Winter Heat have also been dabbled with here and there in recent days.

Top Bottom