• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the ugliest game console ever made?

Kvally

Banned
The Ps3 super slim.
The pictures don't really capture how truly ugly it was.
It's not just the design, it's how cheap all the materials looked and felt. The ugly grills on top, the glossy sides which attract scratches and fingerprints, the fact you need to manually slide it open.

ps3_%EC%88%98%EB%8F%99%EA%B0%9C%ED%8F%90.gif

It's like a $20 no brand DVD player.

I never realized how small it was.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I am with the op. Interesting so many think the PS5 is the ugliest console evr made
It's far from it, its big sure and it was definitely not made to be horizontal ( like most Playstation's after the PSX, minus the PS3 Slim)
But you can't take everyone's opinions seriously.
I mean when you hear " PS5 is ugly and looks like a modem/WiFi router etc" ( which it does, no denying that ) with " XSX is sleek design" in the same sentence.
you have to question their opinion.
Especially when you have this sitting next to you
C7aGqZG.jpg

I honestly think I'd get them confused with a certain console next to it.

Last edited:
PS5 for anything remotely recent. I don't think Sony ever made a bad-looking PS until it (not talking about how the materials feel, just how they look).

Recent Xboxes have been boring looking but I'll take a non-descript black box over a huge two-toned popped collar thing any day of the week. I hope Sony makes make something more in line with the PS3 Slim when they update the PS5.

Krathoon

Gold Member
The PS5 is pretty much too damn big. I had to put mine behind the TV.

There is actually an emulator out there that supports Jaguar CD. Just a fun fact.

Last edited:
Atari Jaguar was super ugly. Sega Genesis with the 32x installed looked so stupid. My first Xbox One was super boring, but not ugly per se. I used to say the original PS3, but somehow that design has grown on me since it's been sitting there over the years. PS5 is currently the absolute ugliest to me. I don't have one yet, and I'm still hoping they make a slim or something soon, because I'm at the point I have a load of games I want to play on it and it is now widely available, but it's so Fucking huge and ugly!

Banned
The Ps3 super slim.
The pictures don't really capture how truly ugly it was.
It's not just the design, it's how cheap all the materials looked and felt. The ugly grills on top, the glossy sides which attract scratches and fingerprints, the fact you need to manually slide it open.

ps3_%EC%88%98%EB%8F%99%EA%B0%9C%ED%8F%90.gif

It's like a $20 no brand DVD player.

ugly as fuck, but the easy to reach drive mechanism will most likely make it the easiest to keep alive lol

Gobjuduck

Banned
yea, ps5 is the worst console design. Original DS for handheld.

Seeing the ps5 in person made it worse, while seeing the Xbox series x in person made it better. The series x is relatively compact. I remember people freaking out that it was too big and ugly before the ps5 was ever revealed. PlayStation took that as a challenge and made it uglier and bigger.

U.S.E. CD

Banned
There are probably uglier ones, but it blows my mind that Sony designed their 5th generation console to look like that, it looks ridiculous. Great console all in all, but embarrassing to have it in plain view.

I've never seen the mega drive branded as that before.

That's because it's a rebranded Master System haha.

MiguelItUp

A lot of the OG Atari consoles looked funky AF. Especially the 2600 with that woodgrain, lmao. Aside from that I really couldn't stand the fat PS3. I mean, it didn't look THAT bad, but the glossy that showcased every finger print and the Spiderman font combo was so gross. The original Xbox is kinda up there too IMO, lol.

Top Bottom