• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was the worse Xbox Exclusive? Crossfire X or Redfall?

TransTrender

Gold Member
I guess Crossfire-X because I don't have a single memory of that tile, and it was shut down after about a year.

Redfall will live on in all our hearts from the memes.

Last edited:

TrueGrime

Remedy trying to make a CoD clone is why no one will ever succeed in making a CoD clone and why it's understandable that Jim Ryan was crying on Sony's behalf to nix the ABK acquisition on CoD alone.

Last edited:

fatmarco

Redfall because it was presented as a AAA, as a major exclusive, and as the first major exclusive from their Bethesda deal.

havoc00

Remedy trying to make a CoD clone is why no one will ever succeed in making a CoD clone and why it's understandable that Jim Ryan was crying on Sony's behalf to nix the ABK acquisition on CoD alone.
Xdefiant is the cod killer though

MarkMe2525

I probably played more Crossfire than Redfall. I honestly found it more fun. This isn't saying that Crossfire was anything great.

TrueGrime

Xdefiant is the cod killer though

heard-before-thats-so-raven.gif

havoc00

I’m kinda shocked the classic mode didn’t take off a bit tbh there is no counter strike like game on console and classic was very similar

Vognerful

"Insert whoever developer/publisher" was in charge or a part of said DumsterfireX.
Crossfire is indeed big in Asia from what I heard. And it is not a CoD clone, but rather a counterstrike clone.

Remedy only like wrote the script of the campaign or something.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I played them both.

I actually liked Redfall a lot. I'd still rate it a 6 or 7 until they patch it up, but its not even comparable to Crossfire X. Redfall OST is really good. Its a mid-sized open area with cool New England architecture, tons of houses to go in. Enemies are pretty mindless at times but if you want the FPS equivalent of a beat em up it has some appeal if you like the setting. You could easily play for 20 hrs. There are multiple areas with Arkane level design. Guns actually feel great when you turn aim sensitivity to low. Some of the dream sequences have great art design.

Crossfire X is 2 hrs and its just standard Call of Duty wannabee campaign with nothing memorable besides the really awkward FMV cutscene on the TV (since of course its a Remedy game). Multiplayer is functional. I played it for an hour or so. Its ... fine. The game has a ton of microtransactions also.

Last edited:

Vox Machina

Banned
I didn't play either so my opinion is worth jack shit but from what I read CrossfireX barely worked while Redfall was just a middling game that was way overhyped and way oversold.

So CrossfireX I guess

Holammer

I don't do consoles, but Crossfire looked legit like a good attempt to get the CSGO experience on console.
CSGO with ADS, how could it fail? nerdSlayer needs to do a Death of a Game episode on it.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I played them both.

I actually liked Redfall a lot. I'd still rate it a 6 or 7 until they patch it up, but its not even comparable to Crossfire X. Redfall OST is really good. Its a mid-sized open area with cool New England architecture, tons of houses to go in. Enemies are pretty mindless at times but if you want the FPS equivalent of a beat em up it has some appeal if you like the setting. You could easily play for 20 hrs. There are multiple areas with Arkane level design. Guns actually feel great when you turn aim sensitivity to low. Some of the dream sequences have great art design.

Crossfire X is 2 hrs and its just standard Call of Duty wannabee campaign with nothing memorable besides the really awkward FMV cutscene on the TV (since of course its a Remedy game). Multiplayer is functional. I played it for an hour or so. Its ... fine. The game has a ton of microtransactions also.
Yeah I only played for a couple of hours but Redfall was just poor not worthy of being memed. The setting and atmosphere was cool, but the characters both major and minor were crap. And the AI was genuinely terrible. It should have been a single player game, think it could have been halfway decent then.

Pimpbaa

I had to google Crossfire X because I’ve never heard of it and I’m a gamepass junkie. I’m guessing it was suppressed from appearing on peoples recommended games in the gamepass app (due to the game being so bad). Kinda sucks that both Remedy and Arkane did so poorly.

havoc00

I had to google Crossfire X because I’ve never heard of it and I’m a gamepass junkie. I’m guessing it was suppressed from appearing on peoples recommended games in the gamepass app (due to the game being so bad). Kinda sucks that both Remedy and Arkane did so poorly.

They promoted it on the dash when it first came out

Pimpbaa

They promoted it on the dash when it first came out

Didn’t have a Series X yet when the game came out (after googling again to find the game released date). I guess by the time I got it (last december) they had given up on it.

Robb

Gold Member
As a game I definitely think it’s Crossfire X, but it depends on how you look at it. Maybe Crossfire X could’ve been a good game had it gotten the same amount of people working on it, time (including delays) and budget as RedFall.

Last edited:

havoc00

Redfall by far. It’s had what, one update? They hyped that game up and it was the absolute worst.

What do they even do at this point give one huge update and cut losses? Forget it ever happened and ignore it? Small updates for months so it looks like they are trying?

Everyone expected Crossfire-X to be mediocre, but Arkane's Refall is a much bigger failure because their pedigree as a studio had been excellent up until then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom