• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the worst physical pain you've experienced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Wolfy said:
A crazed nun cut off my feet with a chainsaw and and scorpions ate my spine.

I don't believe that's true.

Own up, it was an escaped mental patient dressed as a nun, wasn't it?

KingGondo

Banned
I was bitten by a Jack Russell terrier--on the lip. It was sitting on the back of a couch, and I leaned over to pet it--BIG MISTAKE. Required 10+ stitches, and I'm lucky I'm not disfigured.

It didn't really hurt that bad, but it was very traumatic. I've been afraid of dogs ever since.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
Once as I was walking inside, I opened the swinging door to my house, and it came back and hit the back of my heel/ankle. It hurt like a bitch at first, but I didn't think much of it. I walked about 10 feet and looked behind me. The door was spatterd with blood, along with drops of blood following me. I immidiatly collapsed and sat against my counter. I looked at my heel. I could see my Achilles tendon wiggling around inside. Thats when the pain started. I kept a wet wash cloth pushed up against my heel to stop the bleeding. It stung in a way that makes me shudder just thinking about it. I rushed to the hospital and got 9 stitches. Thank god I didn't injure the tendon in any way.

Shouta

I got hit with about a 6-10 pound piece of metal/stone from about 10-15 feet up when I was like 9 or 10. I had to be rushed to the emergency room and I had throbbing headpains for two weeks after that. It's also weird when half of your face feels deflated.

Oh and one time, I was sleeping on the couch and woke up to a double charlie-horse, one in each leg. That was quite possibly the most searing pain I've ever felt.

Brendonia

"Edge stole Big Ben's helmet"
Some of the worst pain I've ever experienced has been in a hospital as well. A few years ago before going into surgery I had to get a bladder catheter. The doctor comes in and I guess he told me I shouldn't go to the bathroom because they were coming in to put the damn thing up there but I thought he said I should, so I went. As soon as the nurses got in there they were like "why did you just go to the bathroom, now this is gonna be difficult", and that hoss of a woman meant it, because she was jamming that thing up there with a reckless abandon I can't even describe. That was a nice experience before going into heart surgery, but the drugs they put in me a minute later kind of numbed me out.

The next day after surgery they had to take the damn thing out. I was so scared because of what happened the last time that I seized up when the nurses came in and was too tense for them to get it out. So they proceeded to yank and pull away on my cock as I was screaming in agony, eventually I took like 10 deep breaths in a row and they got it out. I was so relieved after they got that damn thing out of me, you have no idea.

mrmyth

I was leaning back in my chair at lunch in grade school. Somebody said something that I found really funny......

Don't ever laugh hard when your stomach muscles are already stretched out. I pulled every last one of them. Spent almost that entire school year being a useless bitch. You never really know how much you use your stomach muscles until they hurt every time you do.

When I was nine someone tripped me during a game of dodge ball at summer camp. I fell face first onto ground, and the impact caused me to bite through my lower lip. That hurt a lot, and I was drenched in blood. I also have had an infected piercing that caused my entire mouth to become raw and painful. Things have hurt worse, but that was so persistent and annoying that it was nearly unbearable, not to mention the site of the piercing was like an open sore. At one point I tried to turn the ring I had in and I nearly blacked out it hurt so much. So I guess basically any pain involving my mouth or lips is what really gets me.

bionic77

The worst pain I ever experienced was when I tore my ACL. I was playing some pickup with some other kids when I was taking some summer classes for college and after I grabbed a rebound, while still in the air, some fat retard who had zero control of his body stepped underneath me and I landed in a heap. That didn't actually tear the ACL all the way, it just severely sprained it, the next week when I tried to cross some kid up in a game of pick up I heard a loud pop and there goes my ACL. When it happened I could feel my knee going in opposite directions and the pain was terrible, I could barely walk for like a week after that. The surgery was no walk in the park either actually, but thanks to Morphine and Percocet the pain was nothing compared to when I actually tore my ACL.

The lesson to be learned here is to never play contact sports with big, fat, uncoordinated goobers, because you will get hurt.

3phemeral

Worst pain I ever experienced involved a super swollen ankle fracture after tripping and falling down 20 foot length of stairs and landing awkeardly. Another one involved after my fourth wisdom tooth having been pulled out and suffering some kind of infection after the wound wouldn't heal. One involved an infection inside the gum of my front left tooth after my dentists discovered that whoever did the root canal did a botched up job of it (HE did the root canal). THAT had to be one of the worst weeks of my life, gnawing pain centralized inside your upper gums like something was slowly eating eawy inside (because it was) and having to endure it for a week until the medication kicked in. Lastly, suffering the surgery to clean out the infection was almost as bad... although, the moment wasn't as painful after having watched the dentist yell at the assistant for not suctioning the blood properly, thereby causing the blood to collect and finally splash in the doctor's face. *_*

Ill Saint

High jump in High School. I cleared the bar as well as the mat and landed on my head. I tried to shrug it off but I was seeing trippy shit and soon had the worst concussion ever.

Not near as bad as some stories here. I've been pretty fortunate in that regard.

darscot

ACL is a bitch! Plus opiates makes me sick as a dog so I pass on them. So they always give me T3's but take a couple of them and you won't shit for a week. I always fall back on the old reliable joint.

Ferrio

Banned
Blackace said:
Triple fracturing my ankle... and having look like I was hiding a Florida grapefruit inside..

Then later have the doctor open up my ankle and put metal pins in my ankle also hurt like hell when I woke up!

Dude we're twins!

But I got a pain that was far worse than that. Abcessed Tooth... FUCK THAT HURTS.

hobbitx

I once fell back on my bed rail on my other bed, I tore my back up, I wondered if I'd be paralyzed, but I was better 5 minutes later, man did that hurt. I hit my back so hard I couldn't even use my voice for a second.

The worst though, was when I spilled a hot cup of noodles on my groin. I had on silk pajamas too, couldn't jack off for a month....if I wanted too that is, and did nasty things like that even though I don't.

Mumbles

Worst pain was last november, when I was bicycling, and some idiot decided to pass me on the left, and immediately make a right-hand turn. And I, of course, smashed straight into him, face first into the edge of the door. Bit through the lip, messed up my front teeth, sprained my right wrist, wrecked my left elbow, and smacked my knee on the bike's handlebar.

Second worst is when I cut my index finger when I was six. Well, maybe that was more scary than painful.

Third worst was smashing my solar plexus on a staircase.

moist

Shattered my left wrist snowboarding my freshman year in highschool... As someone said earlier in the thread when they give you a shot in and area that already feels like it's about to burst it isnt' a good feeling at all.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I go to the dentist and get my teeth drilled without anesthesia. No big deal.
I had one of my wisdom teeth broken into about 10 pieces. Laughed it off.
I fell through an upper story floor of an under-construction house and landed back-down on a crossbrace, folding over backwards such that the back of my head almost touched the backs of my feet. Cakewalk.

But I considered suicide many times during the headaches I had between 11-17. That's how fucking bad they hurt.

Takuan

Sometime last summer I hit my left elbow on a protruding doorbolt and suddenly felt a searing pain right from the contact spot all the way to my hand. There was a terrible searing sensation and it felt like my hand was going to blow up. It lasted well over a month, and even now there is faint numbness on the side of my hand. I still don't know what could've happened to cause that pain, as I didn't even hit the thing hard.

yoshifumi

Banned
TAJ said:
I go to the dentist and get my teeth drilled without anesthesia. No big deal.

one of my dentists put novocaine in the wrong tooth and then proceeded to pull out teeth that had full feeling. i was like "what the fuck!" (except it was more like "waa jerrr faaaa" when i tried to say it) and he was like "oops" and then i was like "fuck it, just finish the job" ("faaaa eeeehh, jussss ffiiiishhhh aaaaa jaaaa"), and i'm pretty sure he didn't understand me, but he pulled them anyway.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Pain is weird, sometimes the things that should hurt the most don't and then something dumb will be remembered forever. My top 5

1. Snowboarding and going over a jump, completely screwed it up and landed on the high part of my ass on a barely snow covered rock. couldn't get off the ground for 30 minutes. staggering pain.

2. Breaking my collarbone while standing still on a snowboard, went to stick my foot on the stomp pad but stuck it on the smooth part of the board as I was talking to someone, upended myself at great speed and heard it go SNAP in my ear. The initial pain was bad, but not as bad as trying to put my shirt on for the next week.

3. Morphine injection in the thigh. If anyone ever asks you if you want a shot of morphine, don't giggle and say yes please like I did, wait till they get close, then strangle them to death and make your escape. It feels like hot lava being forced into somewhere that has no room for it. Hearing the nurse say "Now we just need to give you an anti nausea shot in the other leg" nearly made me vomit, and it hurt slightly worse cause I knew it was coming.

4. Spinal tap. This was more mental pain than anything, that picture that Tenguman posted is terrifying, imagining that picture while it happens is worse, especially when a med student is learning the procedure on you. Most scared I have been in my life.

5. stubbing my toe so badly that the toenail whacked right off. The gore factor was pretty high.

Hrrmm, it's either one of my 4 kidney stones, or having a tube gutted from my stomach and being replaced without any numbing agents(twice, too).

lordmrw

When i really think about it, I haven't gone through as much as everyone else. I think the worst pain, even if it was only for a moment, was when i was knocked unconcious. Back in the day when i was 11, we used to sit on that back railing of the UPS truck, or any other truck that had something to stand/sit on. One particular time, everyone else had jumped off, but i stayed on. I made the dumb decision to jump off as he was turning the corner, and i half fell/half jumped. I remember looking up at the sky and hearing a loud crack sound. I felt a sharp pain rip (i mean rip!) through my head before i lost it. I woke up 2 days later on my mother's couch. What has to be the most uncomfortable feeling in the world next to getting hit in the nuts.

Other one would have to be when my right pinky got caught near the hinges of a door that was slammed shut. I was 9, so when it happened, i panicked and tried pulling it out while yelling for help. Help didn't come for 2 minutes, at which point when i got my finger out, I just about fainted when i looked at it. I had literally half a centimeter of space before the top of my pinky would have been ripped off. On top of that, we had to walk to the hospital. When i got there they dipped my finger in something that looked like pepsi, and it hurt like hell as it started to turn yellow. My fingernail had fallen off, and i felt each and every stitch as they put them in finger to save it.

Flynn

Serious back pain from a herniated L4 disc.

It hurt to walk. I couldn't bend at all. Sitting was agony.

I'm only partially recovered and pretty much feel the pain all the time, but it's nothing compared to the agony of the first month.

I was going to add soccer ball kicked full on to the nuts, but somehow, I think I can't follow all the previous injuries listed.

Brannon

Nutshots are universally reviled, so you got some props there.

You know, it's strange, that for such a weak and vulnerable area we have, that nobody takes advantage of that fact. Maybe it's just the knowledge that everybody knows that there is one thing, one trick up the old sleeve that can bring you down.

Wow, reading this makes me think that I've been very lucky. The worst pain I've went through was also a shot to the nuts. My friends and I were playing street hockey during the winter (using tennis balls) and I was the goalie. We lost a ball but it turned out that there was one lying half buried in the snow. Long story short, I took a hard slapshot of a frozen ball to the crotch. You don't see me playing goaltender without a cup anymore.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
tenguman : just looking at that illustration of the spinal tap makes me wanna pass out :p

OH GOD

*feels woozy*

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
My top 10 pain experiences.....(in no order)

10) I recently went through back pain due to inflamed tissue in my spine caused by a fractured vertabrae...if you have ever had serious back pain you'll understand. I could barely move without extreme pain, couldn't walk well, couldn't breathe during spasms...eventually had to have a needle full of pain killers & anti-inflamitories directly into my spine. Oh, and on top of that you get the lovely side effect of nerve pain...lemme tell you that SUCKS. There were times that the pain in my leg was so bad (felt like it was buring up and about to explode) I wanted to knock myself out.

9) Was smashing apart a transmission with a sledge hammer and when I swung I missed it and slammed the hammer full swing into my big toe. Didn't break it but lots of swelling, bleeding, and I lost the nail and couldn't walk on it for weeks....ouch!

8) Was carving home made arrows with a carpentry knife and slipped and cut my thumb through the center from the top splitting the nail in two. Watching your thumb peel like a bananna is well...odd.

7) I was cleaning out my brother's office and had some papers in my mouth while I wiped off the desk and he got annoyed at me "spitting" on his stuff and yanked them out giving a nice deep paper cut in the left corner of my mouth.

6) I was working on a metal lathe in high school when it shut down for no reason. I opened up the control panel to see what was happening and while I had my arms in there my teacher slammed a 2ft long steel wrench down on my arms because he thought I was being electrocuted. Turns out I had one foot on a grounding plate or I would have been.

5) I jumped through some hedges once into the road on the other side and turned just in time to see a big ol' Buick slamming on his brakes before he hit me and made me slam my face into the hood (lost 3 teeth)

4) Was riding my bike home and I cut through a field and got grass in my wheel and instead of stopping and taking it out I tried to pull it out while riding and my arms got pulled into the tire and I flew over the handle bars slamming face first into the pavement and then rolling off into a ditch where I laid unconscious and bloody for roughly 20 minutes before I woke up and stumbled into a nearby store for help.

3) I was working on the roof of my house with my dad and I reached under the overhang to get at a birds nest and fell over the edge and landed on my back in the back of a pick up truck full of scrap wood ending up winded, bruised, and bloody.

2) Was mowing my lawn and my cousin was playing with a bow and arrow nearby, I looked over at him and he was shooting it up in the air over and over. Then one time I looked and he looked scared and was pointing up with a hand on his mouth and before I knew it I had an arrow hit me in the side of the head and went just under the skin on the top right and deep enough to be behind my ear....glad I didn't look up.

1) The dentist when he gave me the wrong kind of novacane and pulled a wisdom tooth. I almost passed out from the pain (he thought I was faking to get out of it). Hope that guy is dead now....seriously.

I could go on and on...my friends and I did some pretty dumb stuff when we were younger that had us in a lot of painfull situations :)

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
one time an ornamental plate hanging on the wall fell down behind a cabinet and smashed - i tried grabbing it out but it was pretty wedged in and i deeply sliced open the end of my index finger on it.. ther was blood everywhere but the real pain started when i was stupid enough to put cotton wool-ish stuff on it and then put on a bandaid - the sliced finger started healing up OVEr the cotton wool, which meant i had little hairs of cotton wool inside my finger :p THAT was the most awful pain i've ever felt (and my fingerprint is all wacky on the end of my finger) but nothing compared to most of the stuff on here!!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>My wife had one she would like to share...

Childbirth.<<<

Women have low pain threshholds, so I have my doubts about that one.
Oh, one time, I had a 1,000+ pound beam sitting on my foot. I was wearing tennis shoes. I didn't complain.

Pachinko

Heavily absessed molar tooth.

I had to think on that one but thanks to ferrio I remembered it clearly. Imagine if you will a small case of lockjaw or something to that effect, you have a stiff pain in your jaw and your mouth doesn't seem comfortable to close tightly. I thought it was just a simple jaw ache, I'd had them before you see.

After a week of a stiff jaw, I went to a doctor. He figured it was just the joint based on what I described and the quick check up I recieved. Another week went by and after eating a wonderful steak dinner on a sunday night I woke up to more pain then usual monday morning. I didnt' think much of it , until lunch.

I literally couldn't chew my food. Rather then pain, I felt pressure from somewhere in my mouth, I thought it was my wisdom teeth coming in. After 2 days of being damn near unable to eat food becuase my teeth I finally went to the dentist. After a quick X-ray they determined that yes my molar (wich had been filled a year earlier, I have horrible teeth) was absessing a bit. By the time I actually went to the dentist the tooth in question was definetly feeling sore. Think of one of your teeth feeling 5-6 times larger in your mouth then it actually is, and imagine if you try to close your mouth you get a stabbing pain through your whole head . The tooth bothered me so much I damn near wanted to pull it out with my own hands, it's not often a person feels like that. I was taking 6 advil a day to keep it a bearable level.

The best part though, came from the 3 seperate appointments it took to give this poor molar a root canal. A root canal which I might add was preformed without any anisthetic... until my horrible screaming of agony prompted the dentist to ask if I'd like some freezing. ... Let's just say that I never want to go to dentist for the rest of my life now. Unfortunatly I have 2 horrible teeth that should prolly be pulled so I don't have much choice...

In highschool I broke all the way through the bone just above my wrist while skating, at which point my arm formed a 90 degree angle. I went to the doctors and they put my arm in this heavy as fucking hell temporary cast, which I had to wear until the next morning when I had surgery. Getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth cut out was pretty fucking painful too.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
DaCocoBrova said:
Having my braces removed off the bottom teeth.

What in the hell? I was 14 when I had that done. Full line of braces removed from top and bottom. It took like 2 seconds...

Ramirez

I pulled a muscle in my back this year while playing baseball,either batting or pitching,not sure...I tried to play through it,slipped while throwing during warm ups one game and was literally out on my back for like a week.I'd lay down and couldn't move or anything cuz it hurt so bad,heh.

2 months with pain pills and muscle relaxers healed it though...

Shit I forgot about the 2 nutshots I took while playin 3rd base,plus I took on to the ear on a bad hop when I turned my face away so it wouldn't get smashed,haha...and I took a line drive directly off the shin,no hops or anything...playin the grass line at 3rd=pwnage most of the time on hard hit balls :p

Pattergen

Another snowboarding accident: First time off a jump in the snowboard park a while back, went too big and ended up having my board come out from under me mid-air. Did a back plant on some shitty "groomed" ice. Not fun.

I hear the Spinal Tap is the worst expierence in life. Hope I never have to do that.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Pattergen said:
I hear the Spinal Tap is the worst expierence in life. Hope I never have to do that.

Well the pain itself isn't actually bad, the anaesthetic was rough as it touched something back there that sent an electic pulse to my brain and my ass at the same time, and the needle just felt so.... invasive. It is honestly the only time I have felt proper terror and all I could think was NEEDLE IN MY SPINE, DONT MOVE. over and over again. I actually said yes when a nurse asked if I wanted to hold her hand. what a pussy.

Mason

A couple times I got a pain in my penis, I didn't know what it was. Like a terrible burning sensation. I think it was a urinary tract infection or something.

I used to have an ulcer (well, still do, but I mean it used to act up all the time). Those hurt like a bitch. You just have to curl up in a ball and lay there and cry for the bad ones.

Docpan

Out of all the pain I can recall in my life, only one really sticks out as the most hardcore and intense.

I was 14-15, at BAND CAMP. Yes, band camp. v_v This was like a week-long physical beating for me... It was like 100 degrees outside everyday and we had to do the same fucking marches over and over from early in the morning until late in the afternoon.

Well, it was on the 4th or 5th day that I got pwned. I remember being so tired that day after marching for so many hours that as soon as I got home (to an empty house, btw) I just flopped down on the couch.

As I sat there with barely enough energy to lift my arms, I felt a cramp in my right leg, in the thigh area. It wasn't so bad at first, just slightly uncomfortable... I thought it would get better, so I propped it up and shrugged it off... But nah. The cramp only got worse, my muscles tightening more and more every second.

There was nothing I could do. The cramp got so fucking bad that I started screaming in pain, and threw myself on the floor... For damn near 30 minutes I sat there screaming my lungs out, praying to God that it would just stop. Finally it did, but the leg was so fucked up I couldn't walk on it for the rest of the day...

Damn that sucked ass.

cramp is awful, my dad gets it a lot and I seem to have inheirited it. The is when you get it in your theighs because walking around doesnt get rid of it as quickly as when u get it in the calf. Getting cramp in your neck and jaw is wierd, more wierd than sore

Miguel

I've never broken a bone on my body. I don't ever remember suffering in any "excruciating pain"

Maybe I'm like Bruce Willis in Unbreakable. /me takes a bat to his forehead*

NOPE....*falls over*

Miguel

julls said:
(and my fingerprint is all wacky on the end of my finger) but nothing compared to most of the stuff on here!!

Can you explain this in full detail? Before and after pics? Success stories? Success ratio?

Miguel said:
I've never broken a bone on my body. I don't ever remember suffering in any "excruciating pain"

Maybe I'm like Bruce Willis in Unbreakable. /me takes a bat to his forehead*

NOPE....*falls over*

now what have we learned?

I've never broken a bone either, because im surround by rubber wallpaper......

they give me pills 5 times a day but I get my computer so i can post like a whore on gaf

Miguel

Hehe, actually, I have one excrutiating pain story.

I was 6 or 7 I think. Me and my cousins are running around at my uncles house. My cousin Kandy gets to the laundry room, and closes the door as I'm trying to get in. Somehow...my right index finger gets stuck where the door shuts. (the side with the hinges, not the knob)

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

The Adults come rushing over...this whole time...the door is fucking CLOSED. My cousin decides to leave it CLOSED. -_-. My uncle finally screams at her to let go of the knob and my finger is saved.

Amazingly...no breakage...but OH THE PAIN

Ohh just remembered to silly and sore things i did. One quite recently

Like 4months ago I was standing in a door frame and I jumped (i'm 6ft2) smacked my head off the door frame blacked out for a few seconds, next think i know im on the floor with a very sore head.

When I was like 10 i was hammering a swinging tennis ball thing into the ground, i swung the hammer over my head smack myself ontop of the head with the back bit for pulling out nails, i bled

Ceros

Having my doctor drill into a cavity ridden tooth and perform a filling WITHOUT anesthesia. To this very fuckin day I have to be careful when I'm eating because if the untensil I'm using is aluminum, it seems magnetic to my tooth that he drilled in and I get this horrendous pain.

2nd would have to be getting a charlie horse in my calf. I swear to god, it felt like my calf was being filled with the wrath of flaming brimstone to the point where it felt like it would instantly bust open. I couldn't walk good for 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom