• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your dream game?

A game mainly about some mercenary working for an eco terrorist group and it all goes to hell one day. Then some girl joins the party who later appears to be an ancient with special powers of some sort. And then we have this cool, long haired silver dude who is interested in said girl. And shit goes all the way crazy from there.

All of the above, in fucking generation 8 HD graphics.

nah, it'll never happen

A skill-based RPG where you can get better at a given skill the more you use it. Where there are more non-combat skills than combat skills. With an infinite progression system and in an MMO setting where every single piece of the content in the game is designed to be soloable.

MilkyJoe

An objective based James Bond game a la Goldeneye 64

FPS Warhammer 40K shooter - Space Marines vs Orks, Chaos, Dark Eldar etc

VR X-wing vs Tie Fighter

CoD 1, 2 and UO HD remakes.

Sephzilla

A working version of Master Chief Collection.

Aside from that, a Platinum developed Mega Man X game where X plays like Sam from Vanquish and Zero plays like Raiden from Metal Gear Rising

3082292-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-grand-world.jpg

Back when I was actually in games journalism, I wrote a ton of articles complaining about a lot of things that Nintendo had been getting wrong in recent Zelda games.

- Too linear
- Superfluous combat that was just an extension of puzzles
- Too large a focus on items being used as keys to progress through the game
- Not enough landmarks and open-ended areas that exist for the sake of being explored
- Not enough focus on RPG mechanics (doling out of equipment has been very controlled by the story in recent Zeldas)
- Not enough weapon variety

Breath of the Wild seems to be correcting almost all of those things.

Take Pokemon and somehow increase it's difficulty. Include all the battle types they've created over the years and cycle though all of them regularly. Include every cool feature over the course of the series from Pokemon walking behind you to Pokemon Amie.

Multiplayer balance is separate from single player balance.

Ultra Battle Frontier with all the previous Attractions plus 5 more.

Comes with a Pokemon Showdown type simulator.

Pokemon BW's pacing. Lots of Side Areas Like Gen 3. Linear overall.

GOTF.

DJIzana

It's already being developed! Granblue Fantasy Re:Link!

I do hope the ost is different (or just as good as the mobile game) and that the scale is grand though. I'd love to see all the characters I enjoy from the mobile game but locations as well.

Outside of that, maybe a Earthbound, Chrono Break, .hack or FFT.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Mass Effect meets Age of Pirates 2.

Actual ship to ship space battles, with real ship and crew management systems, upgrades, loadouts, fleets, etc. Sand box galaxy, just cruising through space, visiting planets, colonies and secrets big and small. With good TPS combat and well written and fleshed out crew members and main storyline, but with a lot of well developed and interesting side content too.

Which is kind of just like saying I want Infinite Space x Mass Effect.

First Next generation game announced, nothing since... Bizarre

There have been infrequent updates since it was announced, I remember just a few weeks ago reading that they're working hard on it, but it's gonna take some time because the scale is even greater than TW3.

Tain

One of many: the laser-sharp focus of an arcade game merged with a more modern 3D action game's mechanics, while also adapting some of the strengths of a modern game's structure. A basic example could be made out of the Platinum action game template.

So you'd start up this game and after a brief scene-setting intro you'd be playing through what is basically an arcade campaign. A series of Platinum-style battles, complete with bosses, but crazy-dense and with a ton of different enemy types and frequent environmental changes. Minimal cutscenes (again, like those little snippets in an arcade game). Around 30 minutes long, but tough enough to have you undoubtedly fail at the start and have to retry the whole thing and learn a bit before you're capable of clearing it.

But then, when you do finally clear it, instead of getting credits you find that you get to explore at peace for a little bit. Maybe you gain access to a very select few new abilities. And then you find maybe two new "dungeons" you can take on, each of which serve as what is essentially entirely new arcade game campaigns (so again, 30-40 minutes long, lose a life or two and you restart the whole thing, tons of variety, extremely dense), only they're a little bit harder and longer than the first and they're tailored to these select few new abilities.

And this repeats. This could give you the grand sense of adventure of a modern game structure, but with the intensity and concrete sense of raw skill-based progression involved in clearing an arcade game at the core (only in a progressively more intense loop). The idea of every "dungeon" being some kind of Capcom belt-scrolling masterpiece viewed through a modern Platinum lense would be a massive undertaking, but that's what this thread is for!

SoulUnison

Banned
I think I'd REALLY like a Last Airbender/Legend of Korra adventure/fighting game from the guys that make the Naruto: Storm series.

I would also accept them working with the Hunter X Hunter property.

I would have also liked to see them try Bleach, but that was years ago before we all knew how hard it would crash and burn.

Take Pokemon and somehow increase it's difficulty. Include all the battle types they've created over the years and cycle though all of them regularly. Include every cool feature over the course of the series from Pokemon walking behind you to Pokemon Amie.
Not Pokemon, but you might wanna check out the mainline SMT games. Maybe Nocturne or something. The model is similar to Pokemon, but deeper, darker, and more difficult.

inky

A proper Mass Effect RPG with vehicle and spaceship exploration (don't care about space combat, but I wouldn't mind) and without all the romance/space jesus/end of the universe bullshit.

So, a Mass Effect game not developed by Bioware I guess.

Well, I love many genres but I'll take the JRPG one since its my favourite.

I would like a Final Fantasy that uses the setting/era and quality of sidequests of FFIX mixed with the epicness of FFIV, with the character variety of FFVI, with the sense of exploration and difficulty of FF1 and the story quality of FFVII.

Right now I think it's just Monster Hunter Online localized for the west on Steam with F2P scam shit removed and a $60 price tag

DMONKUMA

A Zoids game that takes away a lot from the original anime/toys settings. A reimagining if you will...

The zoids themselves would be look more terrifying and primal with being self-aware and have a mind of its own, the "pilots" are actually humans that turn into these "primal zoids".

There's a lot variety in the world as depending on your character you could a different zoid or customize how zoid moves, attacks, and looks.

The gameplay is basically a mixture of Action mecha games like(ZOE,Virtual On, AC4A) and has stylish action imbedded in it too. The world is open and is similiar to Lost Planet and Monster Hunter
-Coop Play
-Giant creatures "zoids" to attack
-A world full of life
-Different variety of play-styles all which are deep and has good feeling.
-Competitive mode as well.

Game is also not a hand holder and is a bit diffcult as well.

Last thing is that it is developed but a Japanese Developer that excels in action gameplay and world design.

It's a dream game in the sense that it has everything I want and that this game will never happen.

Raptor

Something like Warhammer Space Marine game, th one from Relic I think but with full dismemberment, full on gore, open world, action RPG.

Third person, with lots and lots of gore.

Not Pokemon, but you might wanna check out the mainline SMT games. Maybe Nocturne or something. The model is similar to Pokemon, but deeper, darker, and more difficult.

I love SMT. But In Theory, Pokemon has one of the most solid TBS systems ever made and I desperately want it to be explored to its full potential.

AtkO

Horizon Zero Dawn if the game didn't take itself so seriosuly, I would really enjoy the game more if it had the same setting but filled with humor and references.

MoonFrog

3082292-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-grand-world.jpg

- Too linear
- Superfluous combat that was just an extension of puzzles
- Too large a focus on items being used as keys to progress through the game
- Not enough landmarks and open-ended areas that exist for the sake of being explored
- Not enough focus on RPG mechanics (doling out of equipment has been very controlled by the story in recent Zeldas)
- Not enough weapon variety

Sounds like a list of what Zelda does well with room for improvement to me :p.

My dream game would be a new 3D Metroid that follows the gameflow of Metroid Prime and Super Metroid, but manages to tell a more interesting science fiction/science horror story with minor religious/spiritual overtones playing off the energy sucking ability of Metroids, the power suit of Samus Aran, and Chozo science, spiritualism, and history. A story that bridges, say, Alien and science fiction anime, which has always been the telos of Metroid in my mind rather than the Sunday morning cartoon approach of Tanabe and the melodramatic approach of Sakamoto of late. I'd also like a more characterized Samus that actually respects the older games and I can enjoy. Samus is tasked with finding, say, a famed, eccentric archaeologist (who may or may not be dead) and this takes her to a forgotten or hidden planet that reveals deep secrets about the Chozo. She gets stuck there for some time and the quest says a lot about her, Metroids, Chozo, etc.

Now story can very obviously mess up the gameflow so it would have to be mostly through lore, boss events, etc. and not dictate how you progress through the labyrinth. Gameplay does this through gadget upgrades.

Second dream game would be FE meets Matsuno style story. Give me an epic, nerdy war story SRPG with character driven armies and gameplay evolved from FE...

Third dream game would be an epic strategy game about the Peloponnesian War that really captures the feel of Thucydides in its presentation and somehow manages to present Greek polis style war and politics in an approachable way.

Also, always the inchoate wish for the greatest JRPG of all time.

[Asmodean]

Ever since I was a kid, I've been waiting for a full on, awesome console Pokémon RPG game (or PC ofc, but let's be somewhat realistic here) . It never happened ;p

I think the Pokémon dream is too late for me now, I've not kept up with Pokémon since the early days. (no real interest in the new ones)

These days - I think my dream game would be; A reboot of the Legacy of Kain series starting with Blood Omen done by CD Projekt RED (preferably with original voice actors)

edited to simplify.

liquidtmd

Banned
A role play game with the depth and length of Witcher 3 in the Star Trek TNG universe with all characters, likenesses and voices coupled with online multiplayer and strategic space combat.

You get to play any main character.

Marvel Vs Capcom 4 more in the style of Marvel Vs Capcom 2

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is looking very much like it.

The last time that happened was back during the late 90s (Ocarina of Time.)

Red Dead 2 for PC made by Rockstar, of course, but with a graphics engine made by the Driveclub folks. And HDR support.

Potential for orgasmic weather effects.

Valonquar

Final Fantasy game with dark souls controls/battle system/lore/writing, with character & mechanical designs by Yoji Shinkawa. Music by Hitoshi Sakimoto.

The three dream games I've had for awhile:

The Caves of Steel (Robot series) done in a style like L.A. Noire
Dune by CD Project Red
Foundation with a style similar to (Rise of the) Tomb Raider but with much less combat, and extra focus on exploration and discovery; along with characters, dialog options, and narrative choice like Mass Effect as well as some of ME's exploration.

Harry Potter Persona.
I've never played Persona, but have a feeling this would be awesome. I think Harry Potter is deserving of a truly great game, it just hasn't had one yet.

galv

Unconfirmed Member
Dark Souls remake. Rebalanced enemies/bosses (new movesets would be awesome on endgame bosses) and reworked Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith. Even more awesome would be new areas and bosses. I'd probably play it forever and ever.

All in 4K, 60FPS & HDR. I can dream right?

Landford

Banned
Fully realized, seamless, simulation and system bound S.T.A.L.K.E.R sequel. Could be single player or online, dont care.

Top Bottom