• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where woould you take a woman on a first date?

AJUMP23

Gold Member

Given the other talk about livestreaming about going to the cheesecake factory. Where would you take a woman on the first date?

I took my wife to a dinner and a movie on the first date, and most girls I dated in college I took to dinner or a concert.

Ladies of GAF, let us know where you want to go.

Raven117

Well, hopefully you spoke to her beforehand and figured out stuff y’all both enjoy and go do that. If you actually set eyes on her before, and know there is chemistry, then go for it.

But in the online dating nightmare, something casual and easy. (It just May not work… and don’t want to be caught in something too long or expensive)

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Dumpster round the corner isn’t on the list so I’m gonna assume it’s fine for them.

It’d be fun to see where all these entitled 6/10s (at best) will end up in ten years, but they’ll still be too proud and deluded to let the world enjoy their meltdowns. I guess a lot of shakshuka places will open up in the future.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
in the wise words of philosopher Sean Strickland, if you meet a girl and she doesn't want to be with you while you're driving a shitty car, taking her to socalled shitty restaurants like cheesecake (lolwtf cheesecake is bomb), she's not the one and you're wasting your time

if a girl doesn't like you, and you open every door for her, pay for expensive restaurants, buy her new phones, etc, the fact is she still won't like you. conversely, if she likes you, and you don't ANY open doors for her, take her out to wendysin your shitty car, never buy her anything ,she will STILL LIKE YOU, because what's important is the company you provide,show her that you are socially competent, if you can make her laugh, make her feel good about herself, etc in other words all free/intellectual things

if you have a shitty car that breaks down, and have no money to fix it, but you can handle it WELL and make the best of the situation to make it memorable and intimate and have a laugh, thats INFINITELY better than if your 80k bmw broke down and you called to get a benz rental but just sat quietly and awkwardly while you get bailed

women are way less shallow than people on the internet make them out to be

women are essentially given a choice in these terrible first dates: go out with guys they don't like that shower them with money vs guys they dont like that don't shower them with money. be a guy they like and all this shit goes away

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Casual restaurant where I can eat pizza, nothing fancy or just generally a nice walk around town. It doesnt really matter, if a girl likes you for you, she wont care even if you take her to a literal dumpster. She'd prolly laugh. Only trash women care where you take them. Dating isnt about how much you spend or the location, it's about knowing each other. If she cares about those two dumb things, dump her. She aint worth it.

LordOfChaos

Coffee first date, see if you don't hate each other and then move on as needed from there. Who gives a crap what these tiktok people think, I'm sure 100% of this list also is entitled and expects the man to pay for an expensive first date.

Mistake

For the first date I think it depends how long you've been talking, but I still prefer low pressure situations like ice cream, or small food or drinks you can walk around with. My reasoning is that it's easier to be genuine and joke around, but also bail if it's a no go (for both people.) As you're more comfortable and there is less risk, dinner or something more interesting

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I try to take a girl out somewhere nice on the first date. But, I live in a place where that is pretty easy and not that big of a deal. I dunno. I get the concept of a coffee date or whatever, I've done it before, I did walking dates during the pandemic, like why spend a bunch of money on a date where it's possible you can tell in five minutes it's not going anywhere. And maybe I am privileged enough that it's not a big deal to me, but I don't mind. At the very least I get to try out a place I want to try and I can keep up a conversation with pretty much anyone, even if there is no spark and we go our separate ways.

So I dunno, I'm in this weird spot where I would never take a woman to Chili's or whatever on a first date, but I would also say that a woman complaining about that because she's so "fabulous" is an instant write-off. And I have nothing against those places whatsoever.

In an age of strong and independent women, one would expect that taking the first steps in dating should not be made just by the man.
Well, not to get political, but this is why this whole artifice is so artificial. Based on their behavior and desires, they still want to be taken care of. Watch what they do not what they say etc.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Well, not to get political, but this is why this whole artifice is so artificial. Based on their behavior and desires, they still want to be taken care of. Watch what they do not what they say etc.

I think it's a case of selective privileges.
Women today want equality on the things that benefit them, but not the bad things.

Mistake

It's good to have a healthy dose of skepticism, especially with women :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Kenpachii

in the wise words of philosopher Sean Strickland, if you meet a girl and she doesn't want to be with you while you're driving a shitty car, taking her to socalled shitty restaurants like cheesecake (lolwtf cheesecake is bomb), she's not the one and you're wasting your time

if a girl doesn't like you, and you open every door for her, pay for expensive restaurants, buy her new phones, etc, the fact is she still won't like you. conversely, if she likes you, and you don't ANY open doors for her, take her out to wendysin your shitty car, never buy her anything ,she will STILL LIKE YOU, because what's important is the company you provide,show her that you are socially competent, if you can make her laugh, make her feel good about herself, etc in other words all free/intellectual things

if you have a shitty car that breaks down, and have no money to fix it, but you can handle it WELL and make the best of the situation to make it memorable and intimate and have a laugh, thats INFINITELY better than if your 80k bmw broke down and you called to get a benz rental but just sat quietly and awkwardly while you get bailed

women are way less shallow than people on the internet make them out to be

women are essentially given a choice in these terrible first dates: go out with guys they don't like that shower them with money vs guys they dont like that don't shower them with money. be a guy they like and all this shit goes away

This is so fucking true

Kenpachii

I typically meet people through people, so the place is already there whenever the first conversation starts.

If it would be a dating app, i wouldn't even go through a meal or to a food place, i would just go to some shopping area and walk there a bit and talk while eating ice cream or some snack u can get on the side. if it clicks take a restaurant a bit later, if not bail.

Peggies

Gold Member
I never went on a date. I usually just got drunk, met someone, ended up in bed and did the walk of shame back home early in the morning.

But now that I think of it, I'd really like to check out that magical place called "cheesecake factory".

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
season 5 to love a patty GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

MastAndo

Went on a date recently (first time in a long time), and we just agreed to meet at a casual spot for some drinks that was conveniently located for both of us. When you reach a certain age, it's more about testing chemistry than anything else. Her being on that same page was a definite plus to me. I probably would have bailed if she insisted on something more upscale/formal.

Admittedly though, I wouldn't opt for a large restaurant chain like the ones listed here for first date, despite liking those places for nights out with friends. There are just better options if you're going the dinner route, and wining and dining someone is part of your game plan.

Wife and I met at last call at a bar. Then our first meal was Jack-in-the-Box tacos. And then if I had to guess, L&L Hawaiian Barbecue the next day.....Going on nearly 15 years married. If some person had some kind of hard-line stance on things like this, I'd question dating them to begin with.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Wife and I met at last call at a bar. Then our first meal was Jack-in-the-Box tacos. And then if I had to guess, L&L Hawaiian Barbecue the next day.....Going on nearly 15 years married. If some person had some kind of hard-line stance on things like this, I'd question dating them to begin with.

Was this after last call? Nothin like drunken jack n the box tacos man :messenger_tongue:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Took my wife to a nice sushi bar (a very long time ago).

Anyway, a sushi bar hits a lot of great points: women love sushi; it's not cheap; sitting at the bar together to eat is a more interactive than staring face to face at a small table on a first date; most sushi chefs are entertaining and add a bit of interaction; you can have a nice Sapporo or something, but it's not as sleazy as a bar date; sushi is much more fun to order and talk about than other food ("have you tried that?", "let's be adventurous, I'll add one of those and I'll try it if you do"), etc.

Also, it obviously worked in my case.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
It depends on how good you look. The better you look and the more she is into you, the less effort you have to make.

And no, I refuse to use dating apps. I’d rather die along than meet a women over that trash (srs). Worst invention mankind has ever made.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Usually some Coffee place. I've also tried cinema a few times, but it doesn't always work if not both found the movie interesting.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
And no, I refuse to use dating apps. I’d rather die along than meet a women over that trash (srs). Worst invention mankind has ever made.
100%

I'm so grateful that I was married before dating apps fully took over and ruined everything. I even met my wife spontaneously through mutual friends at a gathering and instantly hit it off. The natural way. Anything driven by an algorithm or online sorting is death in this area.

Ownage

Grab a coffee or tea. If she's Asian, offer to take her to dim sum. Had lots of success with the dim sum route.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
100%

I'm so grateful that I was married before dating apps fully took over and ruined everything. I even met my wife spontaneously through mutual friends at a gathering and instantly hit it off. The natural way. Anything driven by an algorithm or online sorting is death in this area.
Jup, it ruined everything. I actually even go so far that I refuse to DM girls I know. If I don’t have the balls to approach her or she capable of talking to me in person, it is not meant to be.

And no, this is not some old times were better crap. I just think that the start of a relationship is very important. Someday someone will ask how you’ve met. My answer to that will not be “we matched on Tinder” or “I DM’d her on Insta”. That is no foundation for a lasting relationship.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Jup, it ruined everything. I actually even go so far that I refuse to DM girls I know. If I don’t have the balls to approach her or she capable of talking to me in person, it is not meant to be.

And no, this is not some old times were better crap. I just think that the start of a relationship is very important. Someday someone will ask how you’ve meant. My answer to that will not be “we matched on Tinder” or “I DM’d her on Insta”. That is no foundation for a lasting relationship.

Pretty much how i think about it, aint got the balls to walk up to a girl and ask her out, or just ask the girl out it wasn't mend to be. fuck dm's on dating sites.

Top Bottom