• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where woould you take a woman on a first date?

-Minsc-

My wife and I went to Tim's.

Prior, we had already met and conversed at church and church groups. The first date being the first meeting never worked out well for me.

GymWolf

Do you visit clients at their homes and seal the deal?
No they come to me, i have a whorehouse, a showroom etc.

Yeah WHOREhouse was on purpose
britney-dancing.gif

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
In an age of strong and independent women, one would expect that taking the first steps in dating should not be made just by the man.
I don't invite women, rather her have to invite me a restaurant and buy me things.

I am a man of high value.
:messenger_sunglasses:

Only invite high-value girls.
ETf9S2EXkAEAzoc.jpg

Last edited:

Durien

Explain that proposal nerd
She and I used to work in the same group on on the first smartphones coming out. She was in localization and I was in test/infrastructure. I created 3 files on one of the test phones we were working on and asked her if she could translate them. I love you. The second one said, you are the only one for me. The third said will you marry me? This was on the way to McDonald's.

Here is the weird part. We get to McDonald's drive thru and the toys they were selling at the time were Hello Kitty in an Astronaut suit and Hello Kitty in a wedding dress stuffed animals.(This was in America)

We still have the wedding dress hello kitty somewhere.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
She and I used to work in the same group on on the first smartphones coming out. She was in localization and I was in test/infrastructure. I created 3 files on one of the test phones we were working on and asked her if she could translate them. I love you. The second one said, you are the only one for me. The third said will you marry me? This was on the way to McDonald's.

Here is the weird part. We get to McDonald's drive thru and the toys they were selling at the time were Hello Kitty in an Astronaut suit and Hello Kitty in a wedding dress stuffed animals.(This was in America)

We still have the wedding dress hello kitty somewhere.
Clever and nerdy.

jason10mm

Gold Member

She didn't say "her house" so Holla girl!

Coffee dates are the best. Low investment, plenty of time to talk, no expectations based on $$$ outlay, and you can learn a lot about a girl by how picky she is about her coffee.

The girl in the post just wants free fancy dinners.

Movies are terrible, you can't (well, shouldnt) talk, unless dinner is after so at least you can talk a out the movie.

Ice skating is underestimated, it gives you lots of chances to touch.

Last edited:

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
Swimming, get that make-up off, and see her natural glow. And a fit mind usually sits in a fit body.

Z O N E

Casual restaurant just to get to know each other first and see if there's some chemistry. Then afterwards you plan the more "spend time together" dates.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Depends what she likes. I'd probably do a bit of research first to see what her interests are and then plan a date.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Depends what she likes. I'd probably do a bit of research first to see what her interests are and then plan a date.
I think we call that "stalking" when you follow her around for a bit, learning her likes and dislikes, bumping off any rivals for her affections, carefully orchestrating an elaborate "meet cute" engineered to overwhelm her.

Just keep an eye on her one gay friend, that guy always sees through you and needs to be dealt with :p

sono

Gold Member
Hey ladies if the man is willing to give you the stars the least you can do is give him Ur*nus

Jesus Christ. When I was dating, every woman had nightmare stories about other men they had dated. OP sounds like one of the men from these stories.

Fbh

I don't see "Picking up Funko Pops at Gamestop" on the list
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Jesus Christ. When I was dating, every woman had nightmare stories about other men they had dated. OP sounds like one of the men from these stories.

Because he took his wife to a dinner and a movie?

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Entirely dependent on how attractive they are. Women create lists like that because they so rarely do get ghosted.
Not if you have some standards, look if it's a guaranteed smash then sure, but if you're looking for a gf and she has all of these insane demands, the relationship is never gonna work out unless you become her bitch; I'd much rather spend my money on hookers than to put some entitled chick on a pedestal who might just be looking for a free meal.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
My first date with my now wife was 18 holes of golf, then her favorite spaghetti shop to go and sit in front of the fireplace. That was 1998.

The only advice I have to not meet someone online, do it the old fashioned way and in person. I was working as a heavy equipment operator at 18 and it was 230 in the morning a little outside Champaign Illinois, my supervisor was using the bobcat to clear rock chalk that builds up in the rock hoppers that crush the rock down and he knocked the power out.

So they said let’s go to the truck stop on i74 and she was there with her sister and brother studying for a psychology exam the next morning. I talked to her and the rest is history.

Top Bottom