• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Series S run Hellblade and FABLE, as beautiful as the Trailers?

HighPoly

Banned
Well, I don't really care about 4k 60fps and Ray Tracing.
But I really care about how pretty games will run... Like textures, effects in general...

What about you?
Kisses specially to Girly AVATARS on thread!

Last edited:

Stuart360

Honestly its too hard to say until we see some actual gameplay of the game. The trailer they showed here didnt really show much, in fact the streamers on my stream were raving about the sound design in that trailer, with the voice moving around whats her face. I dont know if that was the intention ,to show off the sound design with that trailer, but if it was they should of said to stick headphones on or something before the trailer.

I'm sure it will end up looking fine on XSS, probably 30fps, but fine regardless.

HighPoly

Banned
Honestly its too hard to say until we see some actual gameplay of the game. The trailer they showed here didnt really show much, in fact the streamers on my stream were raving about the sound design in that trailer, with the voice moving around whats her face. I dont know if that was the intention ,to show off the sound design with that trailer, but if it was they should of said to stick headphones on or something before the trailer.

I'm sure it will end up looking fine on XSS, probably 30fps, but fine regardless.
sure!
I LOVED the showcase, and Microsoft did an amazing job, reavealing all those games we were expecting for a long time ago...
But yeah, I'll probably buy Series S 1TB, cause I already have a Digital PS5, and I'm waiting for the next NINTENDO console too..

yurinka

Well, I don't really care about 4k 60fps and Ray Tracing.
But I really care about how pretty games will run... Like textures, effects in general...

What about you?
Kisses specially to Girly AVATARS on thread!
We saw Hellblade and Fable cinematics with no gameplay, so these scenes can look exactly like in the trailers in a Series S, even at 4K 60fps if they are saved there as a CG video.

Regarding gameplay I think they won't look as pretty as the trailers specially in Series S, but I think will look very good. Even in Series S, but compared to Series X with similar sacrifices we saw in recent top tier games.

Last edited:

HighPoly

Banned
We saw Hellblade and Fable cinematics with no gameplay, so these scenes can look exactly like in the trailers in a Series S, even at 4K 60fps if they are saved there as a CG video.

Regarding gameplay I think they won't look as pretty as the trailers specially in Series S, but I think will look very good. Even in Series S, but compared to Series X with similar sacrifices we saw in recent top tier games.
yes, I'm really interested of buying the Series X
But I'd like to see a cheaper Series X model

yurinka

yes, I'm really interested of buying the Series X
But I'd like to see a cheaper Series X model
If you still don't have an Xbox get the Series S. Until now the experience has been pretty good in Series S specially if you play on a 1080p tv, but in the future with next gen only games starting to push the hardware the differences are going to be way bigger.

Fbh

Sure, probably at a lower res and with inconsistent frame rate though

Cutscenes are usually one of the areas with the least cutbacks

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
So many of these Series S concern threads come from people who never even used one. I play on a Series S a lot (was playing BF2042 on it last night) and it just runs the games at a lower res than the Series X.

Last edited:

HighPoly

Banned
If you still don't have an Xbox get the Series S. Until now the experience has been pretty good in Series S specially if you play on a 1080p tv, but in the future with next gen only games starting to push the hardware the differences are going to be way bigger.
sure, but I have an OLED C1 4k TV...
I already Play PS5 on that thing and I can see the diference between 4k to 1440p
So... I think it's more inteligent buying a Series X model...
My problem is what kind of console NINTENDO will show this year!!!
I mean, the positive thing is that NINTENDO lives its own generational timeline..
And this is the reason I don't need to feel so worried about buying the next Switch so quickly...

What do you mean?

HighPoly

Banned
Will Series X?
7UIk2Gc.png

yurinka

I already Play PS5 on that thing and I can see the diference between 4k to 1440p
I mean, the positive thing is that NINTENDO lives its own generational timeline..
And this is the reason I don't need to feel so worried about buying the next Switch so quickly...

What do you mean?
If you want to get an Xbox, having a PS5 and a good 4K tv then I'd wait for a Series X.

Regarding Switch 2, I think they'll announce it next year to let Switch 1 sell well as long as possible. Don't expect it to be more powerful than a Series S since pretty likely will be a hybrid targeting a Switch-like low price point compared to stuff like Steamdeck.

THE DUCK

Banned

What do you mean?

I'd get the Series X too, I mean once you go to sell it down the road you'll probably get an extra $200 out of it anyhow.........
Plus undoubtedly Nintendo will underwhelm with weak hardware that you won't need to run out to get right away, if they even launch anything this year.

HighPoly

Banned
If you want to get an Xbox, having a PS5 and a good 4K tv then I'd wait for a Series X.

Regarding Switch 2, I think they'll announce it next year to let Switch 1 sell well as long as possible. Don't expect it to be more powerful than a Series S since pretty likely will be a hybrid targeting a Switch-like low price point compared to stuff like Steamdeck.
Sure, I know
I don't think Switch 2 will reach or touch Series S, even PS4 PRO...
Switch 2 will make around 1,6 to 1,8 Teraflops on portable, and maybe 3,2 to 3,8 Teraflops on table.
My expect is some games like 3D Mario and Mario Kart 9, getting the same level of Ratchet Clank Rift Apart graphics, but without Ray Tracing!!!
Remember, NINTENDO must being developing its own DLSS/Fidelity FX, or even using Nvidia/AMD consolidated Machine Learning, to bring us 4K visuals.
What's your opinion?

Corndog

Banned

What do you mean?
Nintendo is showing a console this year?

yurinka

Sure, I know
I don't think Switch 2 will reach or touch Series S, even PS4 PRO...
Switch 2 will make around 1,6 to 1,8 Teraflops on portable, and maybe 3,2 to 3,8 Teraflops on table.
My expect is some games like 3D Mario and Mario Kart 9, getting the same level of Ratchet Clank Rift Apart graphics, but without Ray Tracing!!!
Remember, NINTENDO must being developing its own DLSS/Fidelity FX, or even using Nvidia/AMD consolidated Machine Learning, to bring us 4K visuals.
What's your opinion?
I think that it may be around PS4 Pro numbers, with some things similar or slightly above Series S. With tablet and docked versions having the same horsepower, but using 1080p in portable mode and some new and custom DLSS to scale all games from 1080p to 4K when docked.

And yes, for launch window I expect 3D Mario, Mario Kart 9 and Metroid Prime 4.

Last edited:

HighPoly

Banned
I think that it may be around PS4 Pro numbers, with some things similar or slightly above Series S. With tablet and docked versions having the same horsepower, but using 1080p in portable mode and some new and custom DLSS to scale all games from 1080p to 4K when docked.

And yes, for launch window I expect 3D Mario, Mario Kart 9 and Metroid Prime 4.
GOD ! ! !
I hope for some Donkey Kong, even a 2D Sequel, but yeah!! A Donkey Kong 3D like 64 ERA !
Must be amazing!

HighPoly

Banned
Nintendo is showing a console this year?
I'm only expecting a new console announced this year, and launching next year, but, don't really care about buying right this year or next year.
Generations of console take a looooooong time to release some important game...

Kumomeme

whether the console can actually handle it or not,

it should and need to be possible. since this is their first party game.

HighPoly

Banned
whether the console can actually handle it or not,

it should and need to be possible. since this is their first party game.
hello my cute!
I'm totally amazed by what next gen games from Sony, will look like.
FABLE, FORZA and HELLBLADE seems so beautiful, I can't even imagine how beautiful next ND, Sucker Punch, BEND and Santa Monica gams will look!!!

Kumomeme

hello my cute!
I'm totally amazed by what next gen games from Sony, will look like.
FABLE, FORZA and HELLBLADE seems so beautiful, I can't even imagine how beautiful next ND, Sucker Punch, BEND and Santa Monica gams will look!!!
yeah gaming onward will be great!

HighPoly

Banned
yeah gaming onward will be great!
people must be very sick if they have not considered the Xbox Showcase, good enough...
I mean, I'm a Playstation guy, but I didn't like the Playstation Showcase...
All those games are multiplataform games, they are good, but I'd like to see more exclusive first party games.
Well, in the second place I love NINTENDO and Xbox, but this time Xbox Showcase made an incredible event, in comparison with SONY.
Better than that only if NINTENDO announce Switch 2

Last edited:

HighPoly

Banned
No it won't, it sounds like you priorities would align better with a series x/pc.
offcourse!
I need a Series X, being more realistic with my OLED 4k TV, but anyway, Switch 2 is coming this year or next year as well...
But I don't need to buy a Switch 2 right now, because generation of consoles are used to release good games after 2 or 3 years from launching.
And I need to consider the fact NINTENDO is in another generational timeline, like, annoucing 3 years after Playstation/Xbox consoles, and ending 3 years from Playstation/Xbox generation starts.

I live in Brazil, South America, and I'm a pretty stable guy, talking about money. But I have so many kinds of priorities, like, my action figures, games for PS5, PS PLUS, and now I'm considering another console. Xbox Series S could be amazing because of the price, but prefer to wait a little bit till got money enough for Series X...
What do you think?

Last edited:

cireza

First party games will look great on Series S because they will put the required effort, obviously.

people must be very sick if they have not considered the Xbox Showcase, good enough...
I mean, I'm a Playstation guy, but I didn't like the Playstation Showcase...
All those games are multiplataform games, they are good, but I'd like to see more exclusive first party games.
Well, in the second place I love NINTENDO and Xbox, but this time Xbox Showcase made an incredible event, in comparison with SONY.
Better than that only if NINTENDO announce Switch 2
All I saw was 40% cgi trailers, 45% multi platforms and 5% Starfield. And oh my Starfield looks awesome. Yes better than Sonys show, but not by much. You must wear rose tinted glasses if you think it was much better. Almost all games shown are also multi platform.

HighPoly

Banned
All I saw was 40% cgi trailers, 45% multi platforms and 5% Starfield. And oh my Starfield looks awesome. Yes better than Sonys show, but not by much. You must wear rose tinted glasses if you think it was much better. Almost all games shown are also multi platform.
people are misunderstanding what the showcase revealed
HELLBLADE 2 is more like HELLBLADE 1, and in engine cutscenes, and real time gameplay are confusing everyone.
remember the first hellblade, and check the way hellblade 2 runs on screen. That graphics are totally possible for this generation of consoles.
maybe not on an open world game like Starfield, but considering a scripted linear narrative game, like HELLBLADE, that is simpler than Uncharted, Last of Us, God of War, is a good and realistic possibility

people are misunderstanding what the showcase revealed
HELLBLADE 2 is more like HELLBLADE 1, and in engine cutscenes, and real time gameplay are confusing everyone.
remember the first hellblade, and check the way hellblade 2 runs on screen. That graphics are totally possible for this generation of consoles.
maybe not on an open world game like Starfield, but considering a scripted linear narrative game, like HELLBLADE, that is simpler than Uncharted, Last of Us, God of War, is a good and realistic possibility
There was no gameplay shown of Hellblade 2. Only a very long, very boring cutscene. Maybe it’s ingame graphics, I don’t care. They didn’t show any gameplay yet again.

HighPoly

Banned
There was no gameplay shown of Hellblade 2. Only a very long, very boring cutscene. Maybe it’s ingame graphics, I don’t care. They didn’t show any gameplay yet again.
the camera changed to Senua's back, :pie_drooling::pie_smirking:
as we saw in the last gameplay trailer, from 2021/2022, if I remember.
I don't know, but I didn't find sooooooooooo graphically complex, as people are saying..
Beautiful visual but not something impossible for current consoles!

Fable was ugly as fuck.
You mean the girl? You like pretty girls who look like model and got big boobs n all?? If u were expecting that then yes game looked bad.

Otherwise game looked great. Environment details, lighting and details on black dude and other characters were really good.

CGNoire

Dude Series X wont even render Fable like that trailer.

Hellblade II: since the first downgrade shit hasnt blown me away at all (no not even that "aestheticly" cool looking giant)so probably.

Last edited:

HighPoly

Banned
Dude Series X wont even render Fable like that trailer.

Hellblade II: since the first downgrade shit hasnt blown me away at all (no not even that "aestheticly" cool looking giant)so probably.
I understand your point of view, but I have to desagree in some points, because these consoles are not made to render the same resolution from the beging to the end of gen...
some games on Series X and PS5 have dropping resolution, to work with more resources in better textures, lighting and effects.
We just don't know what true next gen games totally made for these generation console, looks like.
We don't know anything about what kind of machine learning they will increase, we don't know what kind of native resolution will target, we don't know how much time these games are in development using and exploring the secrets of their engines.

I just don't even know what is the real face of this generation, everything started too late this generation. But I tell you, if those games won't deliver what they already showed yesterday, it will be an extremely disapoitment!!! :messenger_pouting: cause this generation would be probably a waste of money... games coming too late, stagnant graphics...

Last edited:
Top Bottom