• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X360 Mass production to begin in August

how many x360 can they produce in a day?

if they can even produce 10k x360 A DAY for 90 days, that's only 900k units. they will need to produce 3x more just to make the 3 million.

AB 101

Banned
Lil' Dice said:
It feels weird having put $50 down on a console with no release date and price; especially when it's supposed to launch 4 months from now.

It won't feel weird if what you did nabs you a 360 on launch day. :)

Dr_Cogent

Banned
I preordered, but I am being told I won't get mine till the second shipment. The guy told me that they expect it to ship before Xmas? WTF? That could be close to 2 months since release!

Dr_Cogent said:
I preordered, but I am being told I won't get mine till the second shipment. The guy told me that they expect it to ship before Xmas? WTF? That could be close to 2 months since release!

Same here. The guy at Gamestop said he thought they would receive weekly shipments after launch day. A week I can handle. If it's going to be 2 months I'll hit every store known to man until I have one on launch day. We'll see.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Cerebral Palsy said:
Same here. The guy at Gamestop said he thought they would receive weekly shipments after launch day. A week I can handle. If it's going to be 2 months I'll hit every store known to man until I have one on launch day. We'll see.

I can't do that. The wife is against me spending my own money on it and I have to rely on gift certs to EB. So I am kinda stuck.

PorkFryRice said:
how many x360 can they produce in a day?

if they can even produce 10k x360 A DAY for 90 days, that's only 900k units. they will need to produce 3x more just to make the 3 million.

It could be potentially something of an issue, although Microsoft stated that they were already stockpiling certain components even during E3. The biggest issue isn't how many units can be done @ a manufacturing facility. Sony has the capability to do 3M a month during the height of PS2 availability. I'm sure that Microsoft's contracted facility can also crank out serious numbers.

The issue with the yields and production capability of IBM for the CPU, the GPU, and, in a pinch, other components as well that go in and out of availability from time to time like Memory & 2.5" hard drives.

It'll be pretty funny if there's any sort of memory issue for DDR3 memory competition between Microsoft & Sony. I doubt they've ever produced anywhere near that volume of memory before, ever.

VALIS

koam said:
why the F would someone buy 30 Xbox360 games at launch? That's just stupid.

The more important question is why would someone be petty enough to complain about someone else's spending habits on a message board? How does this bother you? I assume Icebeezy's kids aren't eating sawdust sandwiches for dinner, so what's the problem? Good for him. You don't take it with you.

newsguy

VALIS said:
The more important question is why would someone be petty enough to complain about someone else's spending habits on a message board? How does this bother you? I assume Icebeezy's kids aren't eating sawdust sandwiches for dinner, so what's the problem? Good for him. You don't take it with you.

I agree, if I could afford it, I would buy all of the titles that interest me at launch. As long as it's in his budget, there's nothing wrong with buying 100 games as far as I'm concerned.

OmniGamer

newsguy said:
I agree, if I could afford it, I would buy all of the titles that interest me at launch. As long as it's in his budget, there's nothing wrong with buying 100 games as far as I'm concerned.

While I agree with you and VALIS, perhaps koam wasn't talking about money, but the fact that the games aren't even out yet and a large number of them could be crap, or short/shallow, or otherwise not worth full price. It kinda seems short-sighted...like buying something sight-unseen.

Top Bottom