• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL Ultimate Game Sale starts tomorrow

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ninja Gaiden bought!
I would buy Devil May Cry 4 as well if it wasn't listed at $7.49 in Canada.
It's still in the $5 and under section though

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
All of these NG2 posts make me want to get it. Do I need to have beaten the first one? (I have the original version on Xbox, idk how different black is) I'm still thinking about picking this up just to have it but I would also like to wait and see. Oh boy, decisions.

Same, I need help GAF. I have Gears of War 3 physical copy, and want to upgrade it to digital, or should I buy Ninja Gaiden 2. I have never played any Ninja Gaiden game.

You'd be missing out on the best action game of the last two generations at a steal of a price.

Buy it.

Now.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yes NG2 is $5.09 and everything else matches up price wise but DMC4 is $7.49.
I want the game but I'm not more than what I could find a disc version for.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yes NG2 is $5.09 and everything else matches up price wise but DMC4 is $7.49.
I want the game but I'm not more than what I could find a disc version for.

Huh. Well maybe it'll fix itself before the sale is over. There's still time. I don't know why the Canadian marketplace would be any different.

Lettuce

NG2 in the UK is £4.50 odd, yet in the US is $5.09. Going but the current exchnage rate the proper UK price should be £2.97!!!!

paolo11

Just bought Ninja Gaiden 2, thanks guys :p

Smart decision, my friend.

Like I said earlier, NG 2 is a challenge but once beaten most especially Master Ninja, it will be satisfying.

Heck, you get a free gamer pic of Ryu (check my GT paolo11 to see the gamer pic)and a gold suit. How cool is that.

Cheddahz

Banned
I don't know if the Mission Mode DLC is free now or even still available, but pick those up too to complete the package. You most likely won't beat them all on the highest difficulty, but there is a ton of value in gameplay there.
Mission Mode DLC is still up on the Marketplace and it looks like it's $7 (plus tax)

I couldn't wait so bought it at 40 but hoping for others it hits 10. I just started playing and its amazing
I've only played the vanilla version of Dragon's Dogma (I have Dark Arisen on my PS3, thanks to Playstation Plus), but Dragon's Dogma is/was one of my favorite RPGs (hell, games) of the last generation, so I hope you have a blast with it!

was going to get on the kingdoms of Amalur sale until i realized it has 2 story dlcs for 9.99 each. I cant do that, still comes out to being too much...I need the full thing. Ended up just getting Bastion today.

Nintyb

Banned
I picked up Amalur. Never got around to playing the expansions, which I own, before trading it in.

Probably the closest to a single player MMO that you can get. If that idea entertains you, certainly grab it.

W.S.

was going to get on the kingdoms of Amalur sale until i realized it has 2 story dlcs for 9.99 each. I cant do that, still comes out to being too much...I need the full thing. Ended up just getting Bastion today.

I'd still get the core game for the current price, there was a sale on the DLC not too long ago for KoA so it's definitely possible we'll see another similar sale on those at some point.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Okay Canadians, I think I got it to work.

FIRST OFF: I don't know how switching regions is going to affect the games/dlc I purchased under the Canadian side. I hope it won't because US/Canada should be relatively the same. But, that said, Proceed at your own risk!

What I did from my PC:

1. I went to the Xbox.com page and migrated my account to the United States again.
2. I then logged into the Microsoft Commerce website
3. Made sure the drop down box in the upper corner had US - Personal selected
4. Scrolled down to the bottom of the web page, and Changed 'English(Canada)' to 'English(United States)'
5. Checked the account settings and made sure the billing address is setup for Vermont

Then I went to the X360:

1. Signed out of my profile
2. Deleted the Profile only
3. Redownloaded my Profile

Went into a game that is on sale and I saw the option to purchase whereas before I only had 'add a payment option.'

Now, I didn't actually go ahead and make a purchase, but it looks like it should work now.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-account/change-region

be aware that you can only change once every 3 months though

im from germany and my account is set to the us for 3 years now. had no problems but a few games are still ip or region locked.

couldnt download dishonored today because the region didnt match with my xbox.

i assume you have an ntscu xbox so it shouldnt be a problem for you

edit: if it bothers you that your account is american, migrate download your game and chat with a service rep and tell him you made a mistake. they usually forward it to the higher ups and the problem gets fixed within a week

Tempted to do this, but I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble to probably have to make up a fake US address. I don't want any billing info on my account at all, let alone a fake one. I don't even want to keep a PayPal account tied to my Gamertag even.

I'd be fine if I didn't have to add billing info, but I'm sure I have to.

Edit: I never buy anything with credit cards or PayPal, so I'd imagine that the address wouldn't be a huge problem, but still.

That's good to know - thanks for the look!

Pick it up for only $7 people!

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Wow guys thanks for suggesting Ninja Gaiden 2, I have been playing nonstop. So good and brutal lol. Though the camera angle is messed up most of the times. But overall, amazing game. Story is kinda meh but solid gameplay. And totally worth it.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Hint looks like it might be South Park themed.
Missed out on Red Faction: Armageddon. Saw it earlier today for 6.89 and was just going to get it and BAM!, it's gone. :(

Though I'm looking at Darksiders II. That's all of July I take it?

Spongebob

Banned
Finally got around my IP issue by connecting to XBL through my laptop and using a VPN service.

It's time to buy some games.

sja_626

Hoping for daily deals on Lightning Returns and Yaiba NGZ. Both available at great prices in the current EU PSN sale but would rather have them on 360.

A deal on Stick of Truth would be nice too.

If the Stick of Truth discount turns out being true, hope the other deals are RPGs as well. Might double dip on Stick of Truth if price is good.

jesu

why do you think it could be stick of truth ?

They show you a hint through a keyhole on the dashboard.
Today it looks like a South Park characters eye.

As I said earlier, Stick Of Truth is 50 quid on the dashboard or you can buy it on disc from Base for 19 quid.
I doubt the sale will bring it below the retail price.

Top Bottom