• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL Ultimate Game Sale starts tomorrow

danwarb

I don't like how the Xbox One games that are on sale are still priced higher than the discs, new. I thought DD meant lower prices? £5 more for no disc is at least better than the £20 more you pay for no disc when they're not on sale.

Ghazi

I don't like how the Xbox One games that are on sale are still priced higher than the discs, new. I thought DD meant lower prices? £5 more for no disc is at least better than the £20 more you pay for no disc when they're not on sale.

Welcome to the digital future
of not pissing off retailers.

jediyoshi

I thought DD meant lower prices? £5 more for no disc is at least better than the £20 more you pay for no disc when they're not on sale.

It meant lower prices for them. No point in lowering it if they're not competing with other retailers for the same SKU.

tav7623

Thinking about getting Deus Ex: Human Revolution while it's on sale and was curious if it anyone could tell me if it comes with a free update/ upgrade to the Director's Cut version?

TheMan

Thinking about getting Deus Ex: Human Revolution while it's on sale and was curious if it anyone could tell me if it comes with a free update/ upgrade to the Director's Cut version?

pretty sure that the digital versions of these games are always the barebones editions- no extras, no upgrades, just the original game.

Hyunkel6

Nope. You'll have to buy a physical copy if you want the Director's Cut version.

tav7623

pretty sure that the digital versions of these games are always the barebones editions- no extras, no upgrades, just the original game.

Nope. You'll have to buy a physical copy if you want the Director's Cut version.

Thanks for the responses, I had a feeling that might be the case, but I wanted to make sure especially after seeing this while trying to look up the game on xbox.com

bidguy

Banned
do people still play lfd2? i'm interested but only if the community is strong

they do but unless youre from the us dont bother

apparently valve took the european servers down so every game is a total lagfest unless you play on your own connection

I still play from time to time but i usually have to wait till people join my game

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm not seeing any other games on xbldb. At this point, I think we only got 4 games for tomorrow.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
i wish Halo reach got a price drop :/

It did, 2 months ago though. It was for 9$ I think. I finally replaced my old disk with the digital version. Turns out I have been doing this a lot from these deals lol. I hope even after 20 years, we can still download these games.

It did, 2 months ago though. It was for 9$ I think. I finally replaced my old disk with the digital version. Turns out I have been doing this a lot from these deals lol. I hope even after 20 years, we can still download these games.
Idk about that, but Live on the original Xbox lasted for quite a while into last Gen. I'd prefer terabyte drives so I can mass download everything.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member

Dang!!! i missed it :( i really need that game. i don't feel like paying microsoft 30 bucks just for the game lol, same here Digital for me now lol. i hope, if not, i'm sticking with my 360 for a long time then lol.

katkombat

Banned
Anyone think the Forza games/Horizon season pass or rally dlc will go on sale here? I know Horizon was $9 a month or so back (I missed it and bought it for $30 a week later. 110% worth it IMO), but I was hoping to get the season pass for like $25 or the rally dlc for $10.

Im glad that theyre trying to get people excited tbat tbeyre doing sales, but damn se need some steam tier stuff to happen here. I find myself wanting to force myself to buy something

Yeah, this is why I laugh every time someone says Xbox's sales are as good as Steam sales. It's not even comparable, they're not even in the same stratosphere. I mean these sales aren't bad by any means, and they've definitely gotten better over the years, but it's not even close to what Steam offers yet.

Anyone think the Forza games/Horizon season pass or rally dlc will go on sale here? I know Horizon was $9 a month or so back (I missed it and bought it for $30 a week later. 110% worth it IMO), but I was hoping to get the season pass for like $25 or the rally dlc for $10.

It's possible, but we'll just have to wait and see. Doesn't seem like any DLC has gone on sale yet in the dailies though.

Top Bottom