• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX 2024 Direct Officially Announced: January 18th (Featuring: Indiana Jones, Avowed, Hellblade)

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
It better be or GAF will crucify it for not being Uncharted.

It's idiotic to make a game using a popular IP character and not have them be seen on screen. Imagine doing that with Batman, Spiderman, Mario, Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse, etc. Even Arkane knows its an idiotic move which is why Blade will be their first game that's third person.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
It's idiotic to make a game using a popular franchise character and not have them be seen on screen. Imagine doing that with Batman, Spiderman, Mario, Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse, etc. Even Arkane knows its an idiotic move which is why Blade will be their first game that's third person.
Fair point.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Yes! Made it in time to watch the greatest show ever in 2024.

Joking Pink Ladies GIF by Paramount+

Stuart360

I know there is little chance of Indy being an open world game (especially with the seemingly short dev tme) but can you imagine an open world Indy game with like a huge South America or say Egypt set map, with temples and secrets all over the place, tombs to explore, cliff tops to climb, treasures to find, etc.

For me it would be awesome.

Senua

Gold Member
It's idiotic to make a game using a popular franchise character and not have them be seen on screen. Imagine doing that with Batman, Spiderman, Mario, Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse, etc. Even Arkane knows its an idiotic move which is why Blade will be their first game that's third person.
Explain this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

220px-RoboCop_Rogue_City_cover_art.jpg

Just watch it for Indy. They don’t need to show more of Hellblade 2. The first teaser / trailer they had with the giant was interesting. Every other trailer they showed since then were boring and I lost any interest in that game.

Raven77

Vast majority of the complaints about Avowed were about the visuals.
Gameplay seems to be first person spell work and sword combat. Not sure what’s bad about that, or why you think improvements in everything from animation to hit reactions aren’t possible mid development.

We’ve literally had one Hellblade trailer with traditional gameplay. One.

If we went by whether a game appeals to people just by an announcement of existence, then why even have trailers or showcases?

A new Uncharted game would appeal to me. Same with a new God of War game. Or a new Halo game. Doesn’t mean I want to buy these games with no glimpse of the game prior to launch.

One Hellblade trailer with traditional gameplay, whatever that means, + 5 other trailers showing the in engine game and looking just like gameplay...

Again, what are people really expecting here? Today we're going to get more of the same regarding Hellblade. I'm guessing the scope of this game is very small considering we've seen 5 trailers showing the same beach over a few years.

I would love to be wrong here. But MS has lost some of my trust.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
I know there is little chance of Indy being an open world game (especially with the seemingly short dev tme) but can you imagine an open world Indy game with like a huge South America or say Egypt set map, with temples and secrets all over the place, tombs to explore, cliff tops to climb, treasures to find, etc.

They can always go the large sandbox route like Metro Exodus, Baldur's Gate 3, and many other games.

Senua

Gold Member
Just watch it for Indy. They don’t need to show more of Hellblade 2. The first teaser / trailer they had with the giant was interesting. Every other trailer they showed since then were boring and I lost any interest in that game.
One man's boring is another man's brooding atmospheric intrigue!

kunonabi

I hope not to be honest. He can barely even speak anymore, and we would be lucky if we even got a sleepwalking performance from him, knowing what he's like.
Yeah, it would be an even bigger train wreck than Connery reprising Bond for the From Russia With Love game.

Banjo64

cumsessed

A map similar in structure to Lost Legacy could be pretty great (not the setting but the open regions).

Esppiral

Excited to see more of avowed and of course Indy. I really hope it’s not an uncharted clone. Those games have had their day. I expect more considering it’s been dreamed up by Todd.
I love uncharted I am actually playing it for the fourth time now on the steam deck, I am in for an Uncharted clone.

DJ12

What shadow drop are we expecting today? There has to be one Xbox needs a big PR event.
News that PS5 and Switch versions are being worked on, this will likely be after the event while everyone is raving about more slow motion 'captures' of Hell Blade 2

Calverz

I love uncharted I am actually playing it for the fourth time now on the steam deck, I am in for an Uncharted clone.
Prepare for disappointment. I don't think it will be an uncharted clone based on the hints Todd Howard has said in interviews.

Stuart360

Why would you want more of the same? I'm not expecting it by any means, but I'd much rather something fresh and inventive come out of this
I mean what kind of game could they really do with the license in this day and age?. I dont think it would really work as a fps, Indy isnt Rambo. An open world game like i said above would work brillianty for an Indy game, but i dont think that can happen with the short dev time. A linear/semi linear game like Uncharted is made for this really, especially as Drake is pretty much a modern Indiana Jones.

Senua

Gold Member
I mean what kind of game could they really do with the license in this day and age?. I dont think it would really work as a fps, Indy isnt Rambo. An open world game like i said above would work brillianty for an Indy game, but i dont think that can happen with the short dev time. A linear/semi linear game like Uncharted is made for this really, especially as Drake is pretty much a modern Indiana Jones.
Immersive sim obv. But really I dno, that's their job I guess. It's most likely an Uncharted clone yea, I'd just rather them have a twist in there somehow, I'm just bored of the same old experiences with a different lick of paint. Maybe Indy isn't the game to root for in that department lol

Bartski

Gold Member
one thing is for sure REPLACED will not be at the event nor will it have any other trailer before the release. Sooner than it would seem due to radio silence, game is in late beta.

twilo99

My uncle is doing that thing again...

They might announce some PlayStation exclusives coming the our beloved xbox

Last I heard Perfect Dark was like still years off, and it might be episodic or something? Gears Collection would be cool, but seems better fit for the big Summer showcase.
Booty had a fairly detailed interview on a podcast. He mentioned that he had just talked with the director jokingly about how he needs to have that trailer ready for this year for Perfect Dark.

Gears, we got a teaser on twitter saying something is coming soon within the last month or so. Could be collection now, and 6 trailer at E3 for all we know.

Last edited:
Top Bottom