• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360: design seen, name confirmed

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Sysgen said:
Xbox 3 6 0

Current = BLACK

New = WHITE (a 3 6 0 from BLACK)

WHITE=VIRGIN=A NEW BEGINNING

All makes sense to me.

Yeah, everything is oposite

No built in HDD / built in HDD
Least Powerfull Console / most powerfull console
Launching First / launching last
etc

quetz67

Banned
concave = wasted space = bigger = less sales in Japan

but I cant see how that thing can sell in Japan this year, I dont think the big japanese RPGs are ready for launch and the Japanese will wait for PS3 anyway before deciding on a new console.

Europe will be interesting, xbox 360 launch may coincide with PSP launch and I dont think many gamers will get both.

mj1108

No Allard photo yet?

That system that Allard had was concave like cheeks caving in... I get the feeling that is it (maybe without handles).

Sysgen said:
Xbox 3 6 0

Current = BLACK

New = WHITE (a 3 6 0 from BLACK)

All makes sense to me.
except for the fact that 360 is not anything, its the same as you started. black is a 180 from white, not 360 ;)

u_neek

mj1108 said:
No Allard photo yet?

That system that Allard had was concave like cheeks caving in... I get the feeling that is it (maybe without handles).

No white console here - nothing to see..

allardmystery3kb.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
ImNotLikeThem said:
except for the fact that 360 is not anything, its the same as you started. black is a 180 from white, not 360 ;)

Yeah, but then it would not be any fun to draw our comparisions :D

sol5377

quetz67 said:
concave = wasted space = bigger = less sales in Japan

but I cant see how that thing can sell in Japan this year, I dont think the big japanese RPGs are ready for launch and the Japanese will wait for PS3 anyway before deciding on a new console.

Europe will be interesting, xbox 360 launch may coincide with PSP launch and I dont think many gamers will get both.

not a big deal if the concavity is only slight. Actually that would be preferred over a simplistic boxy design. People have enough DVD or VCR's next to their tv's already. X360 has to be unique, small, and pleasant to the eyes, which it will be :D

Bigfonzie

ImNotLikeThem said:

Dude! dont start talking about 180's thats for the Xbox 3 which will be X720 and be a mixture of the first xbox (black) and X360 (white), a kinda grey colour.

Soul4ger

BUT 180 IS NOT A BIG ENOUGH JUMP FROM 128 WE NEED MORE BITS!11

Come on, you know they're hoping some people will think "360 BITS OMG THAT FIVE TIMES 128!!" I can already hear the customers in EB...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
sol5377 said:
not a big deal if the concavity is only slight. Actually that would be preferred over a simplistic boxy design. People have enough DVD or VCR's next to their tv's already. X360 has to be unique, small, and pleasant to the eyes, which it will be :D

Anyone thought that it might not be concave on top, but on the sides? Would make it look a little like an X (and maybe more inline with the "like sucking in your cheeks" description) But possibly also really stupid.

Sysgen

bune duggy said:
it looks like the drunk guy in the avatar above you is mocking your post.

What's there to mock unless your too fucking stupid to understand it. When you go 360 is it possible that things change? Or is the world fucking static?

They're going 360 and now the console is white ( or may be). I know, difficult for some of you to understand. I swear some of you are fucking simpletons.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Could be slightly concaved on the top to keep the raised part you grasp the HD/media player by from sticking out too much. Remember the one report that said the HD had a kind of scoop like a engine intake on a sports car?

x360.jpg

this isnt the real thing, just a mock i made a little bit ago ... from the description, it could very well look something like one of these ... and no ... i dont like it

VALIS

White console, eh? I quit smoking just in time. My yellowish Dreamcast is gonna be pissed it didn't get the same treatment.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
VALIS said:
White console, eh? I quit smoking just in time. My yellowish Dreamcast is gonna be pissed it didn't get the same treatment.
There is a big difference between direct plastic white, and the ipod white (named pearl white AFAIK). I don't think (but I don't have any proof) that a very shiny white like that would age and "absorb" other colors.

jadehorizon1 said:
x360.jpg

this isnt the real thing, just a mock i made a little bit ago ... from the description, it could very well look something like one of these ... and no ... i dont like it

I dont know, but I'm getting a bad feeling about this Xbox 360 design. The last time somebody wanted to make a "unique" looking console it ended up looking like Gamecube. We've had cubes, rectangles, and pentagons. Now we need circles? sheesh

bitwise

Banned
whatever the final design ends up like, we already know exactly which people on this board will like it and which ones will scour to find every reason imaginable not to like it.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
bitwise said:
whatever the final design ends up like, we already know exactly which people on this board will like it and which ones will find every fault imaginable with it.
Indeed. Well, I doubt anyone could say with a straight face that they actually love the current Xbox design, especially the black (or is it really very dark green?) one.
The next design should be more open to the whole "good looking" ./ "bad looking" thing, and should provide days of entertainment when it's unveiled.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
bitwise said:
whatever the final design ends up like, we already know exactly which people on this board will like it and which ones will scour to find every reason imaginable not to like it.

yeah you tell em stevedave

sprsk

Mrbob said:
Standards which consider the design good.

If they are bitwise standards those standards are probably pretty low.

heres some good design

sony-psp.jpg

heres some bad design

Nintendo_Nexus.jpg

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
What's the point of this mocking? I mean it's not like there's a question in anyone's mind that which group bitwise belongs, so why oust others? :p

if it looks bad, you'll still love it
Haha, exactly. Which makes his mocking of others kinda hypocritical.

Sysgen

Get ready for the bad art comments. I know it's a gaming forum where the retarded roam free but it would be nice if some of the inmates communicated a little objectivity instead of sticking to their obvious agendas. It's to the point where it is silly and this is the cruz of what bitwise is saying.

sprsk

Marconelly said:
What's the point of this mocking? I mean it's not like there's a question in anyone's mind that which group you belong, so why oust others? :p

i dont even know why he brought it up in the first place.

Art isnt 100% objective

Top Bottom