• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Bethesda Developer Direct 25th January (8pm UK / 3pm ET / 12pm PT)

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'd rate the show a 6 / 10. Hi Fi Rush shadow drop is fun. Im not blown away yet by what they showed but will be happy to try it tonight. Forza seems like what I expected. Redfall looks better than I expected. I like the demo's emphasis on stealth and the supernatural psychic worlds. Decent show. Could have used a update on whats coming to GP also for the next 2 weeks.

Between Hi Fi Rush, Goldeneye and Age of Empires I'll have a few things to play for now.

GHG

It's what starvation looks like. Just like that Eddie Murphy skit. You sit my ass out in a desert for a long while with no food, that saltine cracker you give me will be the best damned cracker I ever had in my life.

Will that cracker make you lose all concept of time though? Will it make you think you've only been starving for a couple of months when in fact its been years?

JackMcGunns

Hi-Fi Rush is like a mix between Sunset Overdrive and Jet Set Radio with a twist of rhythym action. I'm betting it will be a sleeper hit.

GHG

So he can’t be excited cause you hate everything Microsoft 😂

Silence Be Quiet GIF by ION

Nobody asked you.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
It seems I upset a few people in here cause I'm excited about the awesome-looking games shown. No matter what it is someone is always going to be miserable, and you won't get me to be miserable along with some of you. No sir. Enjoy your days!
dawg only like 3 of these were anything close to awesome and the most awesome of them didn't even have a proper release date.
It was a mid show that you hyped the hell out of. YOU ARE A SHILL.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Cool, just wait another 6 months for some new game announcements, players.

Easy.

And remember, timing is always key.

It is what it is

We got a stealth drop today and a release date for Redfall but I admit little let down we didn't get a date for Forza.

Starfield looks to be saved for E3 show

I would much rather they tell me about when their next show is instead of waiting every month asking is this the month Sony does their showcase only to be let down

I prefer some form of communication over silence

Go_Ly_Dow

What a show!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT HI-FI RUSH IS SO FUCKING MINE!

I can say it right now: Hi-Fi Rush will be one of my very favorite games of the entire generation. It looks like what you would have wished for in a Sunset Overdrive or Jet Set Radio style sequel. The game looks great.

That looks like a dream game. And Redfall... I was hyped before, but I honestly wasn't expecting it to look as good as it did. I'm blown away. Blew my expectations away.

Even Minecraft Legends looks like a far better, more exciting game than I was expecting. Forza just looked downright incredible, and there's still Starfield and whatever other surprises they have up their sleeves this year? That's how you start things out for the new gen.
Rotf4 GIF by Signature Entertainment

The format was good. They should keep going.

But by all indications I presume Forza is H2 game at this point....If both Starfield and Forza are H2, then it would be not great but not terrible either.

Last edited:

Roberts

Redfall is really the only game for me and I was already sold from the previous trailer. It looks a bit rough graphically, but the gameplay, the tone and the world looks great. Arkane are masters when it comes to this shit.

That said, I will definitely try Hi-Fi Rush. It looks fun, hopefully. Forza looks amazing but I'm so bad at realistic racers so I will just check it out to appreciate the visuals.

As a fan of Minecraft Dungeons, Legends seems to be less interesting. Purely from presentation pov, it doesn't look as polished. Too old to play mmorpgs.

What a show!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT HI-FI RUSH IS SO FUCKING MINE!

I can say it right now: Hi-Fi Rush will be one of my very favorite games of the entire generation. It looks like what you would have wished for in a Sunset Overdrive or Jet Set Radio style sequel. The game looks great.

That looks like a dream game. And Redfall... I was hyped before, but I honestly wasn't expecting it to look as good as it did. I'm blown away. Blew my expectations away.

Even Minecraft Legends looks like a far better, more exciting game than I was expecting. Forza just looked downright incredible, and there's still Starfield and whatever other surprises they have up their sleeves this year? That's how you start things out for the new gen.

Thank you for this post man. I legit haven't laughed so hard in a while.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Oh wait, turns out Forza is getting a dedicated showcase tomorrow.

If the little they showed this showcase is because of what they'll really reveal tomorrow then that's understandable. I'll excuse the lack of a release date if they show off actual gameplay and new environments, instead of just talking about how TeCHnIcAL the game is

Last edited:

Urban

Forza was the only thing i liked. The rest was meh. Not saying that they are bad games or something but just not my type

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It seems I upset a few people in here cause I'm excited about the awesome-looking games shown. No matter what it is someone is always going to be miserable, and you won't get me to be miserable along with some of you. No sir. Enjoy your days!

Bro, don't let them get to you. Go play Hi Fi rush it looks crazy good and more interesting and exciting than the same old shit I've seen for the last year on the current gen consoles.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
What's with all these music rhythm games all of a sudden?

We literally just had metal hellsinger and Soundfall last year and these guys want to say "like nothing you've played before"? Nah.
we also got crypt of the necrodancer a while ago in 2015, which was the prototype for all these games.

though this isn't a bad thing as rhythm games are usually mainly hitting buttons, having the rhythm concept be extended into more fleshed out gameplay with a rhythm focus is never a bad thing.

My main issue with this is that a lot of these games arent catering to my music tastes. I like rock, but i'm looking for something with a bit more bass... yknow... dance music??? the kind of stuff that places major emphasis on the bass kick? It'd lend itself to the rhythm gameplay quite well and it's a great song choice to boot. Crypt of the Necrodancer was the only game that did this and everything that came out after is all rock and metal. It seems so obvious yet they're not really doing it

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

JLB

Banned
You will just get to catch the highlights in 4k anyhow, might be better off :)

Just finished watching it. Things on hot:

1. 10/10 presentation format. Repeat these thing always please.
2. Loved all I saw, and genuinely want to try each of these games.
3. Only con of the show is not a specific release date for FM.
4. 2023 is going to be very nice for xbox.

Last edited:
Top Bottom