• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Bethesda Showcase June 12th

I want 10 minutes of Starfield gameplay. 5 minutes of Forza Motorsport gameplay, with a 2022 release date. At least 5 minutes of Hellblade 2 gameplay with a release date, no later than 1H23. Redfall gameplay with a '22 release date. Some cool Halo mode, maybe BR, for Season 3.

That's the bare minimum I expect. A couple nice bonuses would be cool, maybe Avowed shows some short gameplay segment? Maybe the We Happy Few dudes have something to show? And so on and so on.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Lovely stuff. Expect a full half hour for Starfield.
The Bethesda shows have never been great. Weirdly fake audience clapping. Mobile games. Showing Fallout crafting demo on stage for 30 minutes.

Hopefully it is better this year. Having Bethesda and MS back to back is going to be a long show, or might free up Bethesda to have a more streamlined show with less padding.

Topher

Gold Member
So this is going to be a lot of games shown it seems. So is this where we get to see Starfield gameplay or is that going to be a dedicated event? I'd expect a good amount of time for the Starfield "deep dive".

LordCBH

Meme Reaction GIF by Silicon Valley

My pessimistic ass waiting to see Starfield gameplay and hoping they can blow me away with it (I have my fingers crossed.)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

All Xbox channels are using the same small planet emoji in the hashtags.

The Bethesda portion of the show will no doubt have a heavy Starfield focus.

-

I wonder if ID will have anything to show.

Wolfenstein 3 ? Quake ? Indiana Jones ?

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
The Bethesda shows have never been great. Weirdly fake audience clapping. Mobile games. Showing Fallout crafting demo on stage for 30 minutes.

Hopefully it is better this year. Having Bethesda and MS back to back is going to be a long show, or might free up Bethesda to have a more streamlined show with less padding.
Todds Fallout 4 presentation was one of the best in E3 history, if not the best. It was better than the game, and I really like the game!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Screaming lady at E3 2016 made the show 10x better TBH lol.

I can't find a video of it but my favorite part was when someone on stage went "and this game will be yuuuge"
the lady goes "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHTTTT"

Last edited:

anthony2690

I hope too much of the show is not focused on starfield though, do a quick overview trailer and then advertise that they will do a deep dive afterwards for those that are into that stuff.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I hope too much of the show is not focused on starfield though, do a quick overview trailer and then advertise that they will do a deep dive afterwards for those that are into that stuff.

If it’s anything less than Fallout 4 reveal I’ll be disappointed.

Last edited:
Depends on what they want to show. I honestly don't look forward to 10 minutes of F76 DLC and 10 minutes of ESO expansion, but that's also likely what we're gonna get. I'd rather they spend time on Starfield.

anthony2690

Depends on what they want to show. I honestly don't look forward to 10 minutes of F76 DLC and 10 minutes of ESO expansion, but that's also likely what we're gonna get. I'd rather they spend time on Starfield.
I think a 5 minute overview trailer would suffice, I'd get an idea of what to expect from the game and look forward to trying it out myself.

Can't wait to see Starfield and all the other stuff they'll have at this thing, also as another user said, I 100% expect "everything at the show is Day 1 on Game Pass" to happen again this year (and probably going forward).

Also, at what point do they just fully absorb the Bethesda name into the Xbox Brand? Like I love Bethesda so if they want to keep reminding people I'm fine with it, but like the "Xbox & Bethesda & Activision & Blizzard Showcase" is a little long lol

Banjo64

cumsessed
Bethesda will bring the heat. They always have stuff up their sleeve. Will be good to see Starfield and Redfall.

MS? I’m guessing Forza Motorsport releases this year. Can’t see them releasing Everwild, PD, Avowed or Fable anytime soon. Will be interesting to see if we get any substantial footage from any of them.

Maybe a Hellblade 2 release date?

Riky

$MSFT

All Xbox channels are using the same small planet emoji in the hashtags.

The Bethesda portion of the show will no doubt have a heavy Starfield focus.

-

I wonder if ID will have anything to show.

Wolfenstein 3 ? Quake ? Indiana Jones ?

Quake and Banjo would be amazing.
Hope we get to see something of Perfect Dark.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Nice. Good to see proper gameshows even if E3 isnt around. Clear and dont have to wait for months to know a show is coming up.
Im sure Nintendo will do something around the same time.

Take note Sony, rumour after rumour after rumour of shows that end up as tiny crap shows…. They probably wont announce there show till like 28th of June for the show to be like 45mins on the 2nd of July……. Bring back E3 format

Jim is too much of a suit to understand why Playstation should invest millions into having a proper E3 showcase. He's a decent corporate shill for profit, but he sucks when it comes to being good for gamer's excitement of his products.

Borowski_1

Bethesda will bring the heat. They always have stuff up their sleeve. Will be good to see Starfield and Redfall.

MS? I’m guessing Forza Motorsport releases this year. Can’t see them releasing Everwild, PD, Avowed or Fable anytime soon. Will be interesting to see if we get any substantial footage from any of them.

Maybe a Hellblade 2 release date?
Probably

It's been 5 years since the first game

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Prediction:

Todd Howard will leave the stage and change outfits at least 3 times, each getting slightly sluttier. In one of the outfits, his top 4 buttons will be unbuttoned, exposing a faint trace of chest hair, allowing him to reach a new level of charisma previously unseen.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Ah, Bethesda and their children, probably the last reduct of western gaming I care about.

Starfield gameplay and Quake reboot reveal, here we go.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Would be a good time to drop the Call Of Duty back catalogue onto Gamepass, up to the Modern Warfare reboot would be great.
Would that include the first entries in the series? I've been itching to replay those, but man, they seem to never ever go on sale, at least on Steam.

Top Bottom