• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Bethesda Showcase June 12th

Calverz

Time for goldeneye….
Gun Barrel Goldeneye GIF by James Bond 007

CamHostage

So, will this be another Bethesda and Xbox Game Pass Showcase, or will Xbox Games Studio bring some titles this time around...?

CamHostage

Huh? This will be the first showcase where Bethesda is taking the spotlight.

Heh, the "Bethesda and Xbox" was my rewording of the name. It's still "Xbox and Bethesda"....

Last E3 was the first Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase. It started with Bethesda's Starfield, it ended with Bethesda's Redfall, and in the middle they slotted in Halo Infinite (Multiplayer, not a better look at Campaign, which made a lot of people nervous, perhaps rightfully so,) revealed Forza Horizon 5, showed more of STALKER 2, sizzled some indies, then unloaded a metric ton of Game Pass announcements. Oh, and gave a date and some play of Flight Sim on Xbox.

FH5 was an awesome, awesome surprise (and went on to be an awesome game,) but aside from that, if you were tuning in last year, you saw Bethesda put front and center while all the Xbox titles announced the year before were no-shows and its biggest brand Halo was far removed from the expected catbird seat.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Screaming lady at E3 2016 made the show 10x better TBH lol.

I can't find a video of it but my favorite part was when someone on stage went "and this game will be yuuuge"
the lady goes "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHTTTT"

She was really going for it. Probably couldn't talk for a week after that.

Jaybe

Gold Member
They are shipping Starfield 11-11-22 no matter what. The question is how much content will be cut and how many bugs remain?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
But there's no live audience! Who gives a shit if there are people standing on a stage or not without the audience? If there's no crowd, than just show me the games. Theres no need to have people standing on a stage when there is nobody there.

1935ba6d-e2c9-4efe-b41a-71e4c7baff47_text.gif

Last edited:
From Bethesda I'm expecting a 10-minute Starfield exploration gameplay demo with Todd narrating throughout. Hopefully we get to see what MachineGames (Wolfenstein 3?) and id-Software (Doom 3? Quake?) have been working on for the past few years as well. On the safe side, I'm expecting release dates for Forza Motorsport, RedFall, and Hellblade 2 which should all launch before the end of Q1 2023. If we're really lucky, we'll get new trailers and info about Fable, Perfect Dark, and Avowed though I'm guessing Microsoft will save those games for an event later in the year like the Game Awards Show in December.

Dr Bass

Honestly, it's refreshing to see Xbox show up on time for these events. They announce them nice and early so we arent left holding our dicks for months wondering when the next conference is going to be.
Not sure what your definition of "on time" is considering it's April but ...

I just wanted to say you can do other things than what you described when you're waiting around for gaming news ...

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

Hey Jooxed Jooxed , where have you been, it's been ages, good to see ya!

Anyway, thanks for posting this. We all knew it was coming but it's great to have it confirmed and with a date. I so cannot wait for this. I hope it's the caliber of last years E3 and I hope we get some trailers and release dates for several the games that been previously announced, a few surprises and of course lots of Starfield.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Hey Jooxed Jooxed , where have you been, it's been ages, good to see ya!

Anyway, thanks for posting this. We all knew it was coming but it's great to have it confirmed and with a date. I so cannot wait for this. I hope it's the caliber of last years E3 and I hope we get some trailers and release dates for several the games that been previously announced, a few surprises and of course lots of Starfield.
I have been in Discord. But i kinda miss forums so Ive been trying to hang around here again!

tusharngf

Jet Set Radio 3
Shenmue 4
Gears of War : The Marcus Fenix Collection
Alan Wake 2 (First look)
Gears 6 Announcement trailer
Starfield (Gameplay video)
State of Decay 3 (Gameplay video)
Skies of Arcadia HD (Gamepass DAY ONE)
GTA 6 (World Reveal Trailer)

Welcome UBISOFT to the XBOX Family.
giphy.gif

MonarchJT

Banned
I want 10 minutes of Starfield gameplay. 5 minutes of Forza Motorsport gameplay, with a 2022 release date. At least 5 minutes of Hellblade 2 gameplay with a release date, no later than 1H23. Redfall gameplay with a '22 release date. Some cool Halo mode, maybe BR, for Season 3.

That's the bare minimum I expect. A couple nice bonuses would be cool, maybe Avowed shows some short gameplay segment? Maybe the We Happy Few dudes have something to show? And so on and so on.
fable i want fable

Jet Set Radio 3
Shenmue 4
Gears of War : The Marcus Fenix Collection
Alan Wake 2 (First look)
Gears 6 Announcement trailer
Starfield (Gameplay video)
State of Decay 3 (Gameplay video)
Skies of Arcadia HD (Gamepass DAY ONE)
GTA 6 (World Reveal Trailer)

Welcome SEGA to the XBOX Family.
Fix'd

Kokoloko85

Jim is too much of a suit to understand why Playstation should invest millions into having a proper E3 showcase. He's a decent corporate shill for profit, but he sucks when it comes to being good for gamer's excitement of his products.

You’d think he’d have the brains to put a show super close to MS’s show to take away their hype. Like they use to do every year at e3, but last couple years nothing, instead they announce an event weeks later.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Starfield logo morphing into ESVI, set in space. Troll all along.
Or a random planet in Starfield with nothing but ruins, and rocks. A couple small Elder Scrolls artifacts buried in the rubble. Shared universe, Starfield in the far future of Elder Scrolls. It could be the final Elder Scroll detailing how the world ended.

samoilaaa

It depends if the person wants a Star Wars Fallout, or Lord of the Rings Skyrim.
I want both.
i wouldnt really compare skyrim with avowed

avowed will most likely be ( like all obsidian games ) about story , choice and consequence , alot of spells , alot of classes while skyrim is about exploring and making your own story ( whatever that means ) , i couldnt craft any story of my own in skyrim , all i got was a shitty main story and shallow guild quests , but maybe im just bad at exploring

legacy24

so when the Activision deal goes through will the showcase be called Xbox & Bethesda & Activision & Blizzard & King Games Showcase?

Top Bottom