• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Bethesda Showcase June 12th

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Hyped for Starfield gameplay, hope we get a small glimpse of Fable & Avowed.

Not expecting anything TES6-related at all.
Fable and Avowed were revealed two years ago. If they are not at the show with full gameplay trailers I will be very disappointed. 2 years should be plenty of time to create a vertical slice/proof of concept.

Same goes for Perfect Dark, State of Decay and Forza 8. The game was revealed a year ago, but we have seen no gameplay. like come on. It's time to bring the receipts. We have gone a year and a half without any next gen games. At least show us what you promised. Otherwise, just what the hell was the point of that conference two years ago when they showed all these games in CG form?

I hope they show some actual gameplay for Hellblade 2. The VGA demo was visually impressive but felt on rails as fuck. What is the gameplay supposed to be? Same as the first? Do we have some fancy AI tech where NPCs react dynamically to the environment and help you out or was it all canned/pre-determined/onrails?

Kssio_Aug

I'm hoping Avowed is the primary focus right now. That game seems a lot more interesting to me than a sequel to a very recent Outer Worlds.
I'm also very interested in Avowed. It's concept give me LotR vibes... it might be dope!

Nickelodeon Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

splattered

I feel like Microsoft has been fairly quiet so far this year. With the positive momentum they have going I am thinking they've been quietly preparing for some really good announcements this summer leading up to big releases this fall and will close out a great 2022.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I feel like Microsoft has been fairly quiet so far this year. With the positive momentum they have going I am thinking they've been quietly preparing for some really good announcements this summer leading up to big releases this fall and will close out a great 2022.

At the minimum I'm hoping that alongside Starfield, we get a full blowout for Motorsport with a possible release date for later this year.

I don't know if they're even legally allowed to announce or market games like Deathloop coming to Xbox before the 1 year contractual obligation is over, so if there's no mention of that game there, I'll understand why.

Other than that, it's time to show off some of those projects that have been gestating for the last couple of years.

If they announce/show a new Gears, I'll flip my lid.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Other than starfield I just want a QUAKE tease. Just the logo and a few Sonic Mayhem riffs stating that a new QUAKE is being developed.
That and The Evil Within 3.

Ellery

Awesome. This is the big one then. The one we have been waiting for.

Basically the foundation of what this generation is build on. Same goes for Playstation and I bet they will have a similar show around a similar date.

Hyped and excited ! Now it is time to show what they are capable of.

Ristifer

I expect Banjo-Threeie, a Fable surprise drop on GP for June 13th, Avowed release date for July, five other studio acquisitions, a full Starfield expansion release date for November 12th, and an announcement that the original Rare team has reunited to take over Perfect Dark, with the whole Initiative/Crystal Dynamics thing being a cover story/bluff.

AX8

Banned
Wooo hopefully Starfield doesn't suck but not falling for Todd's lies again and looking forward to seeing Fable, maybe.

Jemm

Also, at what point do they just fully absorb the Bethesda name into the Xbox Brand? Like I love Bethesda so if they want to keep reminding people I'm fine with it, but like the "Xbox & Bethesda & Activision & Blizzard Showcase" is a little long lol
"XBABS" in short? It has a kinda ring to it.

"Just wait for the XBABS 2025..."

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Thank Christ. Now that guy who posts the STARFIELD threads can do so without a bunch of snarky responses.

. . .though is this THE Xbox conference. Or is it still being done as XBOX and then later you will have the separate BETHESDA showing for their properties?

elliot5

Thank Christ. Now that guy who posts the STARFIELD threads can do so without a bunch of snarky responses.

. . .though is this THE Xbox conference. Or is it still being done as XBOX and then later you will have the separate BETHESDA showing for their properties?
This is it. Same as last year. Combined.

Fbh

Sunday, nice, I might be able to watch it then.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. Their showcase last year was good on paper but hampered by too much CG/Cinematic trailer. The console has been out for over a year now and several of these announcements are now multiple years old, so hopefully they have more gameplay to show and more stuff that feels tangible and coming soon as opposed to "coming in 3-4 years...maybe"

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
This is it. Same as last year. Combined.

COVID has ruined my timeline. Wild that it has already been over a year since the acquisition. I also don't remember their presentation from last year; looks like they already did this.

I swear these big companies check my TripIt when they're scheduling product order launches and big conferences to make 100% sure I am on a plane when they hold them.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
am i the only one that wants to see avowed more than starfield ? :messenger_loudly_crying:

I want to see Avowed more than Outer Worlds 2 for sure.

But Starfield has been a long time coming and we need to see game play so we can shut the shitty memes around that at least.

I think someone forgot to add Fallout76 to that meme. lol.

I Dont Know Her Mariah Carey GIF

Last edited:
Jim is too much of a suit to understand why Playstation should invest millions into having a proper E3 showcase. He's a decent corporate shill for profit, but he sucks when it comes to being good for gamer's excitement of his products.

But there's no live audience! Who gives a shit if there are people standing on a stage or not without the audience? If there's no crowd, than just show me the games. Theres no need to have people standing on a stage when there is nobody there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom