• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox fan sites?

Skyfox

I'm looking for unofficial sites with xbox news. Anyone got any recommendations?

I'm less interested in social networks (especially Twitter) because in my experience they tend to misrepresent information.

In the meantime I'll search for a "Bueller... Bueller" meme.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I'm looking for unofficial sites with xbox news. Anyone got any recommendations?

I'm less interested in social networks (especially Twitter) because in my experience they tend to misrepresent information.

In the meantime I'll search for a "Bueller... Bueller" meme.
If you want vids, with very little fuss, I would look here. Those are people from old Inside Xbox and if you are into that, you might like their personalities (as in many case on youtube, this is something important).

Team box used to be good. Then the owner sold it to ign and it went to shit. The regulars bailed to gaf and all that was left behind was shills.

Bgamer used to post here. He was a Microsoft and EA shill. Truth, he was paid by both companies

GHG

Team box used to be good. Then the owner sold it to ign and it went to shit. The regulars bailed to gaf and all that was left behind was shills.

Bgamer used to post here. He was a Microsoft and EA shill. Truth, he was paid by both companies

Holy shit seriously?

I came here to suggest windows central:

Holy shit seriously?

I came here to suggest windows central:

Yep.

I figured him out on team box, showed proof and he admitted it. He then came to gaf and when I spotted him I outted him again. He was banned from here and went to ERA. Fucking shill. Try and tell me Kinect was a great idea with loads of games and not a mistake. Dipshit.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Yep.

I figured him out on team box, showed proof and he admitted it. He then came to gaf and when I spotted him I outted him again. He was banned from here and went to ERA. Fucking shill. Try and tell me Kinect was a great idea with loads of games and not a mistake. Dipshit.
I loved Team Xbox before the fall. I remember seeing a few users from there posting here, but it's been a long time.

I loved Team Xbox before the fall. I remember seeing a few users from there posting here, but it's been a long time.
I was a lurker here after the fall. Thus place was alien and I missed the forum I spent years on. I remember Microsoft teasing the 360 with a pic of the hdd and the ilovebees challenge. Good Times.

Skyfox

I know it's my own thread but reading the replies so far has just reminded me about gamertag radio.

teezzy

Banned

Xbox... Era ?

Grinchy

Banned
If the main need is just straight up Xbox news all compiled in one place, what about one of the Xbox subreddits like https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox/ ?

Anything that's of any note about xbox should just be near the top of that page. I don't actually use that subreddit, but that's just generally what is true about main subreddits like that.

nikolino840

Usally i Watch this YouTube Channel
But i don't know if it's a fan thing...they work close with Xbox during events,or make interviews with Spencer himself..

Last edited:

FeldMonster

Xbox... Era ?
I don't really understand XboxEra. They claim to be the #1 Xbox community, yet they don't have any "community" features, like a message board.

I do admit though, that T-shirt in their shop with the game logos as the ABXY buttons is enticing. No clue what the blue X game is though.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
If you are looking for Xbox news, try Thurrott or Windows Central or follow Brad Sams, they have some insider info. If you want a fanclub, go to r/Xbox.
I don't really understand XboxEra. They claim to be the #1 Xbox community, yet they don't have any "community" features, like a message board.

I do admit though, that T-shirt in their shop with the game logos as the ABXY buttons is enticing. No clue what the blue X game is though.
Was in their discord for 10 days, they dont even like or care about Xbox, many of them think "Halo Community is too bitchy" and some of them dont even have Xbox and just play on PC, Switch or Playstation. Only stayed longer because someone promised me a bakabt invite(which I never got anyway).

Last edited:

Damn. Directly paid or throught an astroturfing company? the ones that "manage" social media image?

As for OP I was going to say Dealer Gaming/Colt youtube/twitter but you said sites. Those are dying these days.

spawn

Say what you want about IGN, but they pretty much cover all the gaming news. I'm sure there are some youtube channels who specifically focus on xbox

Last edited:

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
"Halo Community is too bitchy"
As a Halo fan this frustrates me. I am one of the people who has complained about the modern Halo incarnation for a long time now. I got into the Xbox ecosystem for Halo and ended up sticking around for games like Mech Assault, Fable, Gears, KOTOR, etc. Most of the series I enjoyed are dead now. I am still an Xbox "fan", as I am a PS and Nintendo fan as well, but it frustrates me that the premier Xbox franchise is not nearly as popular as it once was. My complaints center around the fact that large changes to the game have resulted in it falling out of favor. Often Xbox fans will hand-wave the complaints away because they don't like to admit that Halo is no longer the game it was.

Bernkastel

As a Halo fan this frustrates me. I am one of the people who has complained about the modern Halo incarnation for a long time now. I got into the Xbox ecosystem for Halo and ended up sticking around for games like Mech Assault, Fable, Gears, KOTOR, etc. Most of the series I enjoyed are dead now. I am still an Xbox "fan", as I am a PS and Nintendo fan as well, but it frustrates me that the premier Xbox franchise is not nearly as popular as it once was. My complaints center around the fact that large changes to the game have resulted in it falling out of favor. Often Xbox fans will hand-wave the complaints away because they don't like to admit that Halo is no longer the game it was.
Its just XboxEra. Like I said a lot of them are not really Xbox fans(some dont even own one) and just claim to represent them. One of the reasons I left was because they claimed that Game Pass will replace game ownership(they think its a good thing), I tried to explain that you cant wrap 2000+ games into a service, they will say it works on movies/songs, I will say that valuation of games is higher than movies/songs, they will say "Gamers are not special snowflakes". They keep saying Microsoft is a service company, when in reality they are a profit company, they will never chose service over profit.
Two hours of me being me and them repeating the same thing.

Bernkastel

Degree

Banned
Its just XboxEra. Like I said a lot of them are not really Xbox fans(some dont even own one) and just claim to represent them. One of the reasons I left was because they claimed that Game Pass will replace game ownership(they think its a good thing), I tried to explain that you cant wrap 2000+ games into a service, they will say it works on movies/songs, I will say that valuation of games is higher than movies/songs, they will say "Gamers are not special snowflakes". They keep saying Microsoft is a service company, when in reality they are a profit company, they will never chose service over profit.

Two hours of me being me and them repeating the same thing.

yup. It’s a strategy of Sony fanboys to make Xbox fans look bad, similar to this:

Bernkastel

yup. It’s a strategy of Sony fanboys to make Xbox fans look bad, similar to this:
I should have screencapped everything. That ShepCommander guy told me that he does not own a Xbox and mostly plays on PC and has a Switch(also uses PC Game Pass).

jimbojim

Banned

Problem is XboxERA asked for that crap to be exposed because spreading FUD about PS5 on purpose. So, its their fault, not fault of Sonys fanboys. Now you want to blame Sony fanboys because XboxERA was exposed and tried to spread FUD about PS5 across the net? Pathetic.

Last edited:

Klayzer

Gold Member
I remember Bgamer posting on this forum back in the day. That guy obsessively always had to have the last parting shot in an argument. Those NPD threads during the 360/PS3 era went on for literally thousands of pages. I was just lurking for years before I decided to join. Good times.

Top Bottom