• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Studios head Matt Booty has claimed that Starfield will have the fewest bugs of any Bethesda game

VAVA Mk2

That's 2023 game marketing right there folks...nothing like promoting your games through lack of software bugs....

Begleiter

It's been in development long enough, so you'd really, really hope so. Microsoft really do need to get their PR together, though, between this guy and Spencer I think old Gil would do a better job.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
1289786310761.jpg

Mercador

Let's PR spin this a bit. What it means less bug? Per line of code? Per content? If 10% of Skyrim was bugged out and Starfield is twice the size of Skyrim, it could be 19% of bugged content and the statement would still be true. You can do anything with numbers.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Mr.Phoenix

No he shouldn't, Xbox is absolutely on a high they showed 11 first party games all realtime graphics no CGI just like Greenberg said, let them have this.
The problem with Xbox has never been that they do not show stuff though.

It always been on what they actually deliver.

Xbox talks too damn much, and they say too much stuff they end up never matching. Sometimes...most times, not taking and getting your game to speak for itself is class.

Last edited:
Some gamers around the world already thinking "challenge accepted".

Why even say such a specific thing, almost being proud of a quite embarassing part of their history? And not just "we are hard at work" and "check it out at release date".

Which Bethesda is he even talking about? Bethesda the publisher or the core, game studios, and; recent Bethesda or Bethesda games in their entire history? I doubt that some games from the times where patches were not that common were not essentially quite bug free, except some glitches or something. Fewer bugs is quite a narrow goal, missing it just a bit immediately backfires.

oldergamer

Starfield-Dialogue-1280x713.jpg

Xbox Game Studios head Matt Booty has claimed that upcoming RPG Starfield will have the fewest bugs of any Bethesda game.

he told Giant Bomb.

Some of Bethesda’s games have been lauded for their scope upon release, but in the same breath criticised for poor performance and other technical issues.

Xbox boss Phil Spencer also told Giant Bomb that Starfield had a much earlier release date before Microsoft acquired the company for $7.5 billion and delayed the game twice.

He said of Bethesda:
That would be a lot of QA.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Nobody cares either way so why even say it? As long as it's playable and at worst charmingly janky it will be a success.
No…there are people that actually care. We are sick of throwing our money at half assed games that break every 30 minutes. Me personally, I’m done breaking the bank for broken shit. So someone in the other (one of the six hundred) Starfield threads that said they are willing to throw $120 at the game no matter what.

feynoob

Banned
The fact that this guy even has to make this statement is everything wrong with game development now.
Massive games means more budget. Fixing them means you incur more development cost. You have to eat money to push out less buggy game. take tears of kingdom as a example. It had 1 year delay to fix those bugs. That 1 year extra budget. I doubt alot of devs would want to eat that cost.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Massive games means more budget. Fixing them means you incur more development cost. You have to eat money to push out less buggy game. take tears of kingdom as a example. It had 1 year delay to fix those bugs. That 1 year extra budget. I doubt alot of devs would want to eat that cost.
That’s all fine and dandy, but why do they even have to make this statement to begin with? It’s a problem.

knguyen

you know when someone has to tell your their game doesn't have many bugs, you know the game will be full of bugs when released. It will be a good idea to hold of your purchase at least a month or you will be on this forum bitching about unfinished game.

Last edited:
Xbox never learns. First with all that bullshit around "Most Powerful console" "12TF", "best multiplatform games", now they want to release 4 games a years...sure just start releasing one good game before you think you can release 4 good games.

This company loves hurting themselves and disappoint their fans and then they try to distract everything to shit over the competition and act like it's their fault (playing victim) so that they look like the "good guy" again. No wonder you can't compete.
Phil loves sticking pins in his dick.

93xfan

Banned
Good to hear. I’ll choose to believe it, because why not. Also, wasn’t FO4 pretty stable at launch?

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Good to hear. I’ll choose to believe it, because why not. Also, wasn’t FO4 pretty stable at launch?

At least for me FO4 was by far the most bug-free big open world RPG I've ever played. Skyrim was pretty stable too with Xbox being the lead platform. New Vegas on the other hand was the buggiest game I've ever played, really it was pretty wasn't playable.

Top Bottom