• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Studios head Matt Booty has claimed that Starfield will have the fewest bugs of any Bethesda game

Well, the bar is set so high, in terms of big count, that it may well be achievable.

Disclaimer: “Bethesda” is my favourite style of game, bugs and all.

jonnyp

What a load of bull. As if he has quantified the number, not to mention there is no way they even know all the bugs at this stage anyway.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
So they know there are bugs and don't even plan on fixing it before release, great company.

Seriously? Every game goes through this process, they have it refined already to a good point and have 2 more months to fix anything left. That's a good situation, and your making it out to be bad somehow? Lame post.

Kenpachii

Seriously? Every game goes through this process, they have it refined already to a good point and have 2 more months to fix anything left. That's a good situation, and your making it out to be bad somehow? Lame post.

I am sure they have, watch some of the release fallout 76 reviews. Have a good laugh about how well this company releases games. Lesser bugs means nothing when u know u got them. Delay and release the product complete. Nobody expected them to launch the game this year anyway.

Xbox Game Studios head Matt Booty has claimed that upcoming RPG Starfield will have the fewest bugs of any Bethesda game.

he told Giant Bomb.

Some of Bethesda’s games have been lauded for their scope upon release, but in the same breath criticised for poor performance and other technical issues.

Xbox boss Phil Spencer also told Giant Bomb that Starfield had a much earlier release date before Microsoft acquired the company for $7.5 billion and delayed the game twice.

He said of Bethesda:

I don't think he's lying per se. But I think he's being disingenuous. Starfield may ship with the "fewest bugs of any Bethesda game," but that's not saying much since all of their games shipped with an exorbitant number of bugs!

fermcr

Every game has bugs. It's just that some games have more bugs then others... and some bugs are more noticeable then others.
If the extra year help iron out Starfield's most glaring bugs, that's great news.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Didn't Bethesda say the same before for that Fallout game? Let's just assume that, as this is coming to game pass, players can ditch it easily so they are making honest efforts in order to avoid that situation... Also they have Zelda, game that is probably more or equally complex and that came basically bug free. Basically any game is gonna be put aside TOTK as quality measurement since it showed it's not the nature of the open world design but the publisher and dev will if they release a polished product.

Ar¢tos

Don't be sad, the first patch will probably add all the missing bugs!

After releasing Skyrim on 3 gens of consoles, you still need to apply the Unofficial patch to fix basic shit (and can't earn trophies using the patch), so I really doubt it will have less bugs than Skyrim, if it is a much bigger game with more mechanics.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Can't wait
v6Rdr00.gif

pasterpl

Next year I expect at least hellblade 2, avowed, fable reboot, forza horizon 6. Flight sim 2024 so that’s 5 games that are sort of confirmed.

Dunnas

So they know there are bugs and don't even plan on fixing it before release, great company.
Yeah, they are doing nothing more on the game in the next 3 months. They are just all going to sit around in a circle and jerk each other off. There won't be a big (or any) day 1 patch at least since, so nobody can complain about that.

Stare-Bear

Banned
They had a good show and all their PR peeps have come out with just pure bollocks. “30fps is a creative choice” “Least amount of bugs” Just shut up

Dunnas

You know things arent exaclty looking good when theres non stop PR news about something.
You know the world is in trouble when this is the only sort of reply you can get to a topic like this in a gaming forum.

They were asked about this in the giant bomb interview, which went for about an hour. They spoke about lots of different things. Would you prefer that 95% of their answers were just "no comment". What fun content.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I am sure they have, watch some of the release fallout 76 reviews. Have a good laugh about how well this company releases games. Lesser bugs means nothing when u know u got them. Delay and release the product complete. Nobody expected them to launch the game this year anyway.

There's zero reason to delay this game, if they needed more time at all they would have waited until November. They clearly dealt with most bugs already and have time to refine it even before sept. Your making zero sense here in this case.

Ozriel

M$FT
I don't think he's lying per se. But I think he's being disingenuous. Starfield may ship with the "fewest bugs of any Bethesda game," but that's not saying much since all of their games shipped with an exorbitant number of bugs!

Lol. You’re the one being disingenuous here, taking his statement out of context.

Man’s being asked about Starfield QA and he’s saying they’ve devoted so much QA to the product that even if it launched today, it’ll launch with fewer known bugs than any other Bethesda product.

And they’ve still got months of polishing and bug fixing to go.

Skepticism is expected and warranted, but ‘disingenuous’?

You know things arent exaclty looking good when theres non stop PR news about something.

It’s an interview. Questions are asked, responses are required.
We’d have had a 10 page thread here if he’d dodged any question on Starfield QA and bugs.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Bragging about the game not having too many bugs? God, just kill me now. And some of you have the balls to claim that gaming is better than ever...

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Bragging about the game not having too many bugs? God, just kill me now. And some of you have the balls to claim that gaming is better than ever...

Hard to find an open world game that doesn’t launch with a list of known, non game breaking bugs.

If you’d bothered to read the quote and the context, it’s centered around the immense amount of QA being deployed.

Top Bottom