• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox likely to win next gen after PS5 reveal shows Series X is significantly more powerful and doesn't have anti-consumer policies.

Will you buy XSX or PS5 first after the PS5 low power, anti-consumer reveal?

• I will buy Series X first because it has power, games from new studios, and pro-consumer policies

Votes: 138 29.3%
  • I will still buy PS5 first. The anti-consumer policies and low power are not important to me.

Votes: 320 67.9%
  • Voost Kain was right again!!!

Votes: 13 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolffy71

Banned
A few more pixels in the most demanding scenarios (assuming dynamic resolution, which I'm sure most games will have next gen - very few will be locked to 4K) isn't exactly something I would call "game-changing" either. Loading in new data in a streaming type scenario (which most games will also be doing) more than twice as fast could definitely be more noticeable. It's not just about load times (as in loading screens).

At the end of the day, both consoles will be huge leaps over what we have now, each having some advantages over the other. Neither is "more next-gen" than the other.
Their both equal? Nah, thats a cop out. One will be better than the other

Markio128

I’m not so sure about this anti-consumer Sony belief. Sony provide gamers with lots of great games. That’s good customer service in my book. It’s just 2 different business models from MS and Sony, both doing what they are best at and as a consumer you just choose the one that suits your needs.

Abear21

Banned
If one console sells 25 million and the other sells 5 million, which version do you think third party devs will focus on optimizing for? I see the power advantages being truly seen in first party software. Yeah...

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I believe games take a part in winning a generation the beauty in the games Sony will do their part to put an end to M$

Armorian

Banned
Show us where its more powerful in a game ?

Challengers ?

Halo_Infinite_2020_Ascension_Demo_Campaign_10_1920x1080__3_.jpg

VS

bugsnax-revealed-for-ps5_feature.jpg

That's the difference between 10 and 12TF folks!

wolffy71

Banned
How? They're each better at different things. Neither is just flat out BETTER.

But sure, keep thinking that. It still won't get you any real next gen games for a few years, those will be on PS5.
So your take is , 1. Xbox wont have any next gen 1st party games, 2. Wont have any 3rd party next gen games, and 3. Next gen games wont run better on xbox. Lol ok.

Systems with different specs won't be equal just because you wsnt them to. You prefer sony, thats fine, be happy about the ps5 but spare me the " their equal" drivel.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Not buying either console this year but if I didn’t own a PC and had to get one this year I’d prob go with the Xbox. The 2 games I want for rest of the year are Destiny new light (free on game pass) and cyber punk (3rd party games better on more powerful Xbox).

games sell consoles, best games this year are 3rd party ones...

witch console will have the best version on them?

phil_t98

#SonyToo
If one console sells 25 million and the other sells 5 million, which version do you think third party devs will focus on optimizing for? I see the power advantages being truly seen in first party software. Yeah...
Funny thing that, they always have a better version on PC so its not like its hard to optimise higher

Bryank75

Banned
Not buying either console this year but if I didn’t own a PC and had to get one this year I’d prob go with the Xbox. The 2 games I want for rest of the year are Destiny new light (free on game pass) and cyber punk (3rd party games better on more powerful Xbox).

games sell consoles, best games this year are 3rd party ones...

witch console will have the best version on them?
If you're not interested in FF7R, TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima, Persona 5R, Nioh 2 or a plethora of other games...... I used to play Destiny but it's terrible now with the events etc, there are always huge issues, trials is a mess and the armors and weapons are too often just reskins or old weapons brought back.

CP2077 may not even make this year and I'm sure it will be good but they have a lot to prove in terms of gameplay.

As you say PC does everything XBox does better.... but PS has exclusives and VR.

Last edited:

Warnen

If you're not interested in FF7R, TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima, Persona 5R, Nioh 2 or a plethora of other games...... I used to play Destiny but it's terrible now with the events etc, there are always huge issues, trials is a mess and the armors and weapons are too often just reskins or old weapons brought back.

CP2077 may not even make this year and I'm sure it will be good but they have a lot to prove in terms of gameplay.

As you say PC does everything XBox does better.... but PS has exclusives and VR.

Not interested in Ff7r or any Japanese rpgs, don’t like souls games. I did play TLoU2 on my brothers PS4 pro but wasn’t cray about it (I’d give it a 7). Ghost is up there in something I would like but sold my PS4 before it came out so sol on that.

Destiny is dull right now but still good, booted it up after playing the aweful avengers game and it plays as good as ever, just needs new content.

If cyber punk is delayed so be it, I’ll end up playing destiny rest of year anyways.

PS vr is shit, the portable Oculus rift is so much better and it will even do pc vr now. How anyone thought Move controllers where the way to go needs to be fired lol.

Bryank75

Banned
Not interested in Ff7r or any Japanese rpgs, don’t like souls games. I did play TLoU2 on my brothers PS4 pro but wasn’t cray about it (I’d give it a 7). Ghost is up there in something I would like but sold my PS4 before it came out so sol on that.

Destiny is dull right now but still good, booted it up after playing the aweful avengers game and it plays as good as ever, just needs new content.

If cyber punk is delayed so be it, I’ll end up playing destiny rest of year anyways.

PS vr is shit, the portable Oculus rift is so much better and it will even do pc vr now. How anyone thought Move controllers where the way to go needs to be fired lol.
I wasn't fully gone on TLOU2 either but I appreciated some gameplay things you could do and the graphics, level, sound design.

I don't have PSVR, I'm waiting on PSVR2....cause as you say it is lacking... needs wireless and better hand controls etc. The games are there though....

Warnen

I wasn't fully gone on TLOU2 either but I appreciated some gameplay things you could do and the graphics, level, sound design.

I don't have PSVR, I'm waiting on PSVR2....cause as you say it is lacking... needs wireless and better hand controls etc. The games are there though....

wirless vr is amazing, played a ton of beat saber and super hot in it. Wow.

thelastword

Banned
Voost, welcome back.....

Significantly more powerful is not correct, these architectures has to be seen in realtime to see which architecture is superior and generally gives superior results....

Pro-consumer has nothing to do with catchy names like "Smart Delivery" or "Velocity Architecture" or "Thousands of games at launch" unless you can deliver results that people can see on screen, that is impactful for the consumers....

Smart delivery is not an exclusive feature, VA is beaten through a more ambitious 12 gate I/O system elsewhere. The thousands of games can be played elsewhere too, but I'm more interested in new gen games, which are looking very good for launch on PS5....

bender

What time is it?
Xbox has proven it can win battles (territories) but not the war (worldwide). Time will tell if the can regain the momentum they squandered with the Xbox One generation.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Most people do not think about "anticonsumer" anything. They look at the price and they look at what they get for that price. If they agree with it they will purchase it.

I do not think that some people comprehend what "significantly" means. Thankfully, those same people will understand the error of their ways in the next few years, when they should be expected to resort to insulting the developers and fuming over their -developers- laziness left and right, not getting that the actual difference between the two console is the smallest ever witnessed between two competing platforms. Furthermore, they will also learn with a great deal of suffering that there will be scenarios where the PS5 outperforms the X, and that the former has a few advantages over the latter in terms of hardware-and vice versa-that will crystallise over time. Significant...:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Razvedka

Banned
I don't understand the point of this thread, even ignoring the existence and possible implications(?) of XSS on the XSX.

The value proposition for the Xbox just isn't there for me as a consumer, because I have a monster gaming PC. Why would I spend $500 on PC-lite if all of their games will also be hitting Windows?

So realistically this only leaves Sony and Nintendo, and given that I want a UHD Blu-Ray player with good multimedia features that means the Playstation is my first choice given the games + tech combination.

Edit: Further, I think that there are areas of real world performance where the PS5 will excel over the XSX. That said, it's undeniable that there are many technical 'wins' for Xbox this generation. I'd love for some devs to really weigh in on this and dissect the strengths and weaknesses of each in real world terms.

Last edited:

Quasicat

I don’t really care who wins. I do have a console of preference and know that I will get awesome games to play on it. If I want to play a multiplayer game with some friends, we will probably play Fortnite or something else that allows cross play and be happy with it.
I really don’t care about who wins as long as there are awesome games to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom