• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You don't need PS+/XBLG to play Diablo 4

marquimvfs

There's several people arround internet stating that you need to subscribe to those services in order to play the game at all. For me, it was obvious that it was just a bad interpretation of the information available and I even engaged in a discussion about it in Diablo 4 OT.

Well, the community manager tweeted that you wouldn't need it in order to play the game, but his answer were a little cryptic and gained almost none visibility.

But now, there's already multiple reports of people gaming the campaign normally without subscriptions. Looks like the game will ask you the type of subscription you wanna sign at some specific menu, but you can simply dismiss it and enter game. Players were even able to see other people during the campaign, one person even stated that couch co-op worked fine with second player just needing its own battle net account. See the links below were people stated directly that they are playing without the service:

Looks like I can now enjoy my Diablo 4 without having to spend even more with my already expensive hobby, and people that's in the same situation can now be sure they won't need to subscribe to any service they can't or don't want right now.

Edit: I mean play Diablo 4 at the title, damn sausage finger. Can a mod please fix the title? It looks like I'm talking about a platinum trophy, and that's not the case.

Last edited:

marquimvfs

Cool I guess but I've been having the most fun when I'm playing in a group with friends and my brother.
That's great. But, in my case, i don't play on-line at all. Was looking to buy it to play couch Co-op with wife and having to subscribe to + just to be able to play one single game (not counting that we probably wouldn't touch it's social features) was a major deal breaker.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Soloing Uber Lilith…
Trying Not To Laugh Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

marquimvfs

Soloing Uber Lilith…
Trying Not To Laugh Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter
Co-op, man, co-op. It's also a game me and wife play for years (we just finished diablo 3, and we play since ps3 launch), so, we will be probably leveled accordingly for the task. If not, maybe then I could sign to plus and call some friends for the task. What matters here is choices.

ZoukGalaxy

Always online for single player is really killing my interest for this game, there is not a single good reason to make online mandatory in a single player campaign, it's a good news though that you don't have to pay to play SINGLE, unlike Fallout 76 my ass.

Ta29PCk.jpg

Last edited:

Nydius

Nice to hear that, but still... why console players has to pay for being able comunicate with others, kill or being killed by others and complete dungeon with others, escepcially if game share same servers for console and pc players?

JHdhvhU.png
Your picture needs someone from Nintendo as well saying something like “And we felt left out so we jumped on board too!”

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
So in another words, you will need to pay for online for features such as partying and chatting etc.

Juras

Your picture needs someone from Nintendo as well saying something like “And we felt left out so we jumped on board too!”
I really not familiar with Nintendo online services and even don't know whos their current "face".

Top Bottom